shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for fun - thoughts on this stone?

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!
It's me again, your friendly neighborhood purple sapphire obsessed crazy person! =)

The hubs got some still pics from a video of a purple sapphire he saw (think he was trying to torture me, lol!) and I had him send them to me so I could post them here for fun.

6.71ct round 11mm Madagascar purple sapphire, no heat, $7800. It's way over my budget, but seemed like an awfully low price for an unheated sapphire of this size so wanted to post these because I'm really curious to see what all of you pros think! =)
On the next post I have pics with what looks like a chip in the girdle and a weird "crack" inclusion circled.

img_20140615_214345_148-1.jpg

img_20140616_101432.jpg

img_20140615_214530_140-1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color, but worry that they may have amped up the color somewhat based on the color of the edges of the tweezers. I certainly hate when vendors do that because you are expecting a bright, saturated jewel tone, and what often shows up is a sickly and somewhat greyer version...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Agree, LK -- in low light I think it would black out. Looks like a window in the 1st photo too. Somehow in the photo of its side, it looks like the cutting is a tad wonky, maybe to save weight?

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux said:
I love the color, but worry that they may have amped up the color somewhat based on the color of the edges of the tweezers. I certainly hate when vendors do that because you are expecting a bright, saturated jewel tone, and what often shows up is a sickly and somewhat greyer version...

Oh wow, I see that now. Sneaky! :nono:

LoversKites said:
Also, I'd expect it to be very dark IRL.

JewelFreak said:
Agree, LK -- in low light I think it would black out. Looks like a window in the 1st photo too. Somehow in the photo of its side, it looks like the cutting is a tad wonky, maybe to save weight?

The color alone would be enough to make the price drop quite a bit, right, since color is the main factor for colored stones? You guys are great and this is all so interesting! I've learned so much from following this forum (but mostly that I still gotta lotta learning to do! ;-) ) Thanks so much for your thoughts! =)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
No problem, I love learning on PS too.

Another thought. It's not possible to tell from the pics but if one or more of those inclusions breach the surface of the stone, especially if it will affect the structural integrity of the stone, the price will be lowered substantially.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The culet on that stone is completely off centre and if you're a symmetry nut as I am, it'd drive you absolutely crazy because it would never look right!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It must be my eyes but I cannot make out anything with regards to the cut. All the pictures are so fuzzy and I'm not even sure of the colour accuracy too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results