shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought the ring of a lifetime!!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was talking to a jeweler the other day and he said he collects old antique jewelry. He said he would bring them in today to show me. So I went up to the store and looked at all his beautiful OMC and OEC filigree rings, and Saw one that stuck out.....

This ring is platinum, covered in filigree. The center stone is an oooooolllld OEC yellow/orange diamond. TEXTBOOK OEC cut, perfect, nochips, and vvs quality, unknown size yet (I need to take measurments, and do the math because it's sooo deep), but I would estimate .75cts. There are 4 .25ct old mine cut diamonds on the 4 corners (si quality, g color), and then about 16 .10 old mine cut diamonds throughout the filligree (si/g). All the diamonds have tiny detailed clover looking prongs. The ring looks never worn and is unmarked.

The cut of the stones put the ring at late 1800s, prolly when platinum first came to be used.

Price paid? $1500!!

It is being sized now, and I will have it tomarrow or Friday!!!!! I will show you all pictures soon!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm dying to see it, but I can't scroll down in your first post above with my work internet browser in this new version of PS. ;(

Sometimes I can see it if I can grab a little bit of the photo if it shows up, but it's too far down. It sounds great.

ETA: Oh I see you didn't post any photos after I quoted your post(that's the only way I can read whole posts on PS2.0). Dying to see pics.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Great score!

We are anxiously waiting for Friday, lots of pics/handshots PLEASE!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds gorgeous and a fabulous price! Can't wait to see the color of the stone!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see this one!! Sounds very unique

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
cemrn said:
Can't wait to see this one!! Sounds very unique

Same here, it sounds incredible!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still no pictures yet? :nono: :tongue:

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You want pics? I will HOPEFULLY have pics today. It is being sized. It takes a lil longer cause it's so old he wants to take his time. Trust me, I want it on my hand to take pics of!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ts44 said:

LMAO!! I guess that's a great way to replace all our lost emoticons!!

RH, you are such a tease!! :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results