shape
carat
color
clarity

Just a cool Parabia Ring

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies to anybody who likes it but I think it's the sort of thing that Liberace would have been proud to wear. It's a bit too overbearing for my taste. Sorry.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty and summer-y! It's begging for a sun dress, massive sunglasses and a cocktail with an umbrella :)

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Nice find Kenny;

Although I would not be caught dead with it on; I love the colors and the craftsmanship...
Not for the faint of heart :)

Most respectfully;

Dana

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could take that center stone and put it into something else, I'd be on it! *dances* I can't say I'm digging what it was set in, though the colors are cool.

-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:-o the center pariaba is a little too grey for me but I'd still wear it to the grocery and hardware store :lol:

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
brandy_z28|1301000438|2879371 said:
:-o the center pariaba is a little too grey for me but I'd still wear it to the grocery and hardware store :lol:
Grey? I really am color-insensitive!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And to me the centre stone doesn't have enough "ooomph". It's dull and lacks the neonicity of a stunning Paraiba - having said that it's pretty big so I would find a home for it as a paperweight!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the color is accurate, it's overpriced, and is high due to the paraiba marketing name. Think of all the chips and dings those melee are gong to get.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Must be my monitor; I get neon & no gray, just a very nice paraiba color w/zing. It's priced high because it's Michele della Valle, who makes beautiful jewelry; incredible workmanship & intricate design. This ring isn't for me but some trophy wife would be great in it -- or the Duchess of Windsor. No chips in the melee, TL -- people who wear this sort of thing have somebody to open the umbrellas in their drinks for them! They wear his stuff 3 or 4 times, then send it to Sotheby's.

Here are other Della Valle pieces -- the tamer ones. He does love to put startling colors together but whether or not you go for that, his skill & materials are equaled but not surpassed.

DellaValle.jpg

L10052-45-lr-1.jpg

Yellow Sapp., tourm, alex.jpg

d4660551x.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo that rose with ruby pave is preeety! :love:

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1301012863|2879569 said:
Must be my monitor; I get neon & no gray, just a very nice paraiba color w/zing. It's priced high because it's Michele della Valle, who makes beautiful jewelry; incredible workmanship & intricate design. This ring isn't for me but some trophy wife would be great in it -- or the Duchess of Windsor.

Here are other Della Valle's pieces -- the tamer ones. He does love to put startling colors together but whether or not you go for that, his skill & materials are equaled but not surpassed.

I have no doubt della Valle crafts fine jewelry. The piece is striking, it's just not practical as it could get so easily damaged with tourmalines all along the sides of the shank everywhere to be seen. You would have to wear it once a year and keep your hand carefully tucked away from anything it might touch.

It's a pity the stones aren't more durable, as that is a very fine piece of jewelry art. I believe jewelry should be practical as well as beautiful, especially if you're paying a great deal for it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1301013198|2879575 said:
I believe jewelry should be practical as well as beautiful, especially if you're paying a great deal for it.

For me too, TL, but "paying a great deal" is relative. Whoever would buy something like this can drop $150K on a ring as we would spend $250 or less. It would be worn to a dinner or a charity ball & live in the safe the rest of the time. So some melee gets chipped -- hand it back to Della Valle for repair, no big deal. Makers like him, Heyman Bros., VC&A, Cartier of the '30s & '40s, etc., produce what they do because they're artists, gems their medium, & the lucky women who wear it understand its ephemeral-ness. Brooches en trremblant, for instance, make me shudder imagining how easily their parts could get caught & broken when the wearer hugs someone or dances. I'm awed sometimes that magnificent stuff, such as Cartier's panther bracelet, is as durable as it is -- a triumph of engineering as well as design. I guess these pieces are intended for a life only a few live, which is ok with me -- I'm just glad there's somebody to buy it so the artists can continue making it & I can sigh over it.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the price and name of the designer, I hope the Paraiba glows a lot more IRL than what I see on my monitor. It looks more like an open axis indicolite to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results