shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White''s Gem for Haiti

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Please bid generously for this on ebay!

It''s on ebay.com, does that mean I can''t bid as i''m in the UK? (I don''t use ebay much....)

All proceeds go to help Haiti''s recent disaster

2.51 ct Malaya Garnet VVS clarity (close to flawless)

Yay for Jeff
36.gif

ForHaiti.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta,
I think you can because buyers in the US can bid on items listed by vendors in Thailand on eBay.com

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here's the full e-mail from Jeff with link to stone:

Malaya Garnet Auction for Haiti Relief
When deciding what to cut for the auction, I had several criteria in mind:

1) It needed to be bright, cheerful, and SPARKLY :)
2) It needed to be something highly sought after and popular with a broad audience
3) It needed to be in a shape and size range that would be ideal for a variety of uses (rings, pendants, etc.)

With all that in mind, I settled on a gorgeous malaya garnet from a primo parcel of stones that I hand-selected at Tucson, 2009. This and the 4 other stones in the parcel are the finest malayas that I have in inventory. At 2.51 ct. and very close to flawless, this gem will make some garnet lover very happy. Please click on the link below to be taken directly to the auction listing. Thanks for the many wonderful responses I've received regarding this planned auction, and thanks in advance for the many pledges to bid.

Please remember, 100% of the proceeds from this auction will go to the Red Cross for Haiti relief, so bid generously! In addition, I will ship your new beauty to you for free.

Click Here to go directly to the auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130363179928

LS

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo I just saw it ten minutes ago. And it''s gorgeous and it''s an 8mm cushion and it''s pink!

rosetta, in general, people from anywhere in the world can bid on anything except in cases where the dealer specifies that they will only ship to the lower 48. We live in NY state and we have shipped fishing tackle to Italy, Thailand and Singapore. So yes, people can bid from anywhere, but to be on the safe side, click on the link in the listing to the far right under "whitesgems" where it says "ask a question", and that email is usually answered within 24 hrs.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone matched only in it''s beauty by the sentiment behind it.

Yup, I''ll be bidding!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2010 11:46:27 AM
Author:rosetta
Please bid generously for this on ebay!

It''s on ebay.com, does that mean I can''t bid as i''m in the UK? (I don''t use ebay much....)

All proceeds go to help Haiti''s recent disaster

2.51 ct Malaya Garnet VVS clarity (close to flawless)

Yay for Jeff
36.gif
Rosetta, as long as Jeff notates on his Ebay listing that he will ship "worldwide" you are safe to bid on it
36.gif
unless he puts specifically only countries he will ship to on his listing.

Beautiful Stone

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
So lovely! And how wonderful of Jeff! I already bid!
30.gif

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love this. In my mind, the gem is a free gift for donating to Haiti!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
ahh! I keep getting outbid! Well really that''s a good thing. More money for the cause! Still 6 more days to try!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool. I like the cut and where the money is going!!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Kudos to Jeff! Looks like a beautiful garnet. I''ve thrown my hat into the bidding ring
9.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
i am outbid!
5.gif

but that means more money raised!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I gave more money directly to the red cross when I saw the listing. I don''t care for pink, but if I did... I would be bidding like mad!

jeffwhite

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and say a big 'ol THANK YOU to everyone for the support and participation so far!

You guys and gals rock
9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! And what a good cause and nice gesture from Jeff.
36.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2010 8:11:35 PM
Author: Gypsy
7.gif
I gave more money directly to the red cross when I saw the listing. I don''t care for pink, but if I did... I would be bidding like mad!
Ditto. It is great that Jeff is doing this. It''s a beautiful stone. Pink is not my thing, but it was a great reminder to donate again. I hope everyone who does not win will donate directly.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 12:50:49 PM
Author: Kay

7.gif
Ditto. It is great that Jeff is doing this. It''s a beautiful stone. Pink is not my thing, but it was a great reminder to donate again. I hope everyone who does not win will donate directly.
Just what I was thinking Kay. The stone is now beyond my reach (for the time of year!), but even though I have mad a donation to the Salvation Army for Haiti, I will make another one.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 7:19:57 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 2/2/2010 12:50:49 PM
Author: Kay

7.gif
Just what I was thinking Kay. The stone is now beyond my reach (for the time of year!), but even though I have mad a donation to the Salvation Army for Haiti, I will make another one.
Ditto! I am going to go donate right now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results