shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Asscher Mint Garnet Goodness!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, that is what I am hoping for too.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm speechless…the pics speak for themselves, and I can't believe it's on its way!!!

Vitals ended up at the top end of Jeff's estimate at 5.14 carats and 9.02mm! Yep, I almost couldn't breathe when I read it…he also reported that the color turned out just as he hoped, and that the clarity is great. I gotta say, judging from the pics, Jeff's cutting is AMAZING, I am super excited about that cool mint color, and I can't find a clarity flaw to save my life - I can only imagine what the stone must be like in hand!

jw_mint_garnet_-_studio_shot.jpg

jw_mint_garnet_-_hand_shot.jpg

jw_mint_garnet_-_on_druzy.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I'm speechless too! It's magnificent. Period. Dream stone!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! What an incredible stone!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
WOW-Thud :-o :-o :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

That is absolutely stunning!!! I've been waiting for this thread to get updated and I'm almost speechless!
It's my dream gem stone :lickout:

Can't wait to see how you set it!

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
That is one of the most amazing stones I have ever seen. It is perfect in every way.

:love: :love: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this on his facieb and was soooo happy for you. Amazballs!!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you soooooo much guys!

JewelFreak - when I first opened the pics, I was almost afraid that I was over-excited, if there ever were such a thing, or that it was just too good to be true *pinching self*, but it makes me feel really good that you had the same reaction as me!

Alene - Thank you!!!!

Woofmama - I've never received so many emoticons - you actually just made me blush! It'll take me a bit of time to get it set, but I'm definitely thinking platinum with side baguettes to set off that color! I will be happy to wear it!

InToTheMystic - Thank you! Jeff is amazing - I feel really fortunate to have been able to work with him - I think every single one of his stones turns out absolutely perfectly!

Niel - Best. Word. Ever. It made me feel really good to see the stone on Jeff's FB page - he cuts so many beauties that I don't know how he ever picks them for his page, but his picture is awesome - the background (druzy) just makes the stone's color pop off the page! One of these days I've develop camera game :)

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Wow...wow...wow! That stone is to die for! I cannot imagine owning an Asscher by Jeff White in THAT SIZE. It is going to be absolutely gorgeous. Need more photos when have it in hand.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MrsM|1401419845|3682870 said:
Wow...wow...wow! That stone is to die for! I cannot imagine owning an Asscher by Jeff White in THAT SIZE. It is going to be absolutely gorgeous. Need more photos when have it in hand.

Done & Done!!! I couldn't have imagined it either - the size was total & complete unexpected surprise that waaaayyyyyyyyy exceeded my expectations.

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
That is breathtaking! Can't wait for all the pictures of it you'll be posting :bigsmile:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ephsea|1401420749|3682878 said:
That is breathtaking! Can't wait for all the pictures of it you'll be posting :bigsmile:

Thank you, Ephsea! I'll be quite happy to take pictures ;))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A work of art. Truly magnificent. A collector's stone for sure - and a beautiful one at that! :appl:

airdancer

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I saw it in his FB posting. It is amazing and HUGE!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I saw it on FB and was wondering whose it was. Lucky, lucky you. :appl:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
That thing has everything going for it :-o congrats!

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I think you need to send it to me for further inspection. :devil:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is truly spectacular. I want one! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All of your responses are so overwhelmingly kind - thank you!

Minous - you just put a big smile on my face - you certainly have a way with words - I think this stone is gonna make me want to be a collector ;))

Airdancer & Chrono, thank you! When I contacted Jeff I was hoping that maybe just maybe a piece would turn up that would cut something around 8mm, little over, little under…who cares cause larger mints are hard to find, and even then I figured it would take a year or two to pop up…So, needless to say - I am quite floored, and feel very lucky that Jeff somehow managed to not cut this piece earlier :D

LoversKites - thank you - I had never done a commissioned piece before and didn't have much of a sense of the process to end up with such a cool piece, but I very much understand why so many folks seek out Jeff now.

Swissmiss - your reaction was exactly my response over the beautiful pieces you were considering for your e-ring! Have you guys set that beautiful baby yet?!?!?!

Derbygal - thank you! you can always see if there any other pieces from the parcel... ;))

Pregcurious - thank you, and it's so good to have you back from Lent!!! I completely fail at it every time I try, so major props to you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you got everything that everyone wants in a gemstone, all in one gem, great color, great clarity, great size, great cutting. So now begs the question, what are your setting plans for it now? :naughty:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TL|1401504784|3683616 said:
Wow, you got everything that everyone wants in a gemstone, all in one gem, great color, great clarity, great size, great cutting. So now begs the question, what are your setting plans for it now? :naughty:

Thank you, TL! You have one the most beautiful mints that I can think of, so it means a lot coming from you. I really thinking platinum ring with baguettes, if my hand can pull it off - it's just such an elegant look, and I think it would showcase the stone really nicely. Cripes, it would look great as a solitaire, but I think putting that color with some super white accent stones would be ideal if I have the finger real estate for it :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sweet of you Endless Summer to say that, I appreciate your kind words.

I am envisioning a split shank or perhaps a five stone with traps and baguettes.

However you set it, you must promise to have fun during the process. ;))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing! :love:

I would love to have a step cut stone from him one day!!!

DK :))

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TL|1401520210|3683683 said:
Very sweet of you Endless Summer to say that, I appreciate your kind words.

I am envisioning a split shank or perhaps a five stone with traps and baguettes.

However you set it, you must promise to have fun during the process. ;))

I love your ideas TL - 5-stone rings are my absolute favorite, if I could ever manage to budget for one! But, whenever I can set it, I will look forward to it and have a lot of fun doing it, if only because I'd look so forward to wearing the stone :)

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dk168|1401524975|3683695 said:
Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing! :love:

I would love to have a step cut stone from him one day!!!

DK :))

Thank you, DK - His step cuts are unbelievable - I have a feeling they are going to turn me into quite the step cut nut!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And…It's looking like I should receive the stone today - so excited! :appl: :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Please oh please take photos for us. :halo: 8)

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Just tuned in a little late ... and saw this beautiful stone! Jeff has outdone himself! How great that he was able to get the very most out of that rough! Enjoy it !!!! :appl:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1401564047|3683895 said:
Yay! Please oh please take photos for us. :halo: 8)

OMG, OMG, OMG - It came today! Yes. Photos. Definitely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results