shape
carat
color
clarity

James Meyer

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys, I'm more of a lurker who likes admiring your beautiful projects but I haven't seen anyone say anything about this. James Meyer put up a letter yesterday on his site http://www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com/letter.htm and I thought some of you might be interested in reading it.

Have a good one!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks aggal06, I bought a small piece from JM's sale and his note mentioned he'll still be making jewellery, but I read on PS he's retiring so didn't want to post my note. The letter on his website confirmed he's going to be producing a small numbers of pieces each year.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Lovinggems|1295522493|2827487 said:
Thanks aggal06, I bought a small piece from JM's sale and his note mentioned he'll still be making jewellery, but I read on PS he's retiring so didn't want to post my note. The letter on his website confirmed he's going to be producing a small numbers of pieces each year.

Thanks for the info, aggal06.

Lovinggems, would you care to tell us what you got from James Meyer's sale.. please? :naughty:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
virgoruby|1295803818|2830531 said:
Lovinggems|1295522493|2827487 said:

Thanks for the info, aggal06.

Lovinggems, would you care to tell us what you got from James Meyer's sale.. please? :naughty:

Hi VG, how are you? :wavey:

I bought the moonstone ring, I was going to get the pink sapphire ring but it was already sold. However, all good since i was on a tight budget at the time and really shouldn't be getting any more jewelry. I have admired Mr Meyer's pieces even before joining PS, I am thrilled to have this heirloom quality ring. The packageing was lovely, a soft grey flock ring box. He also included a lovely handwritten note. A couple of weeks later I received a letter detailing the value of the piece.

It is 18kt unplated? white gold with a 22k green gold bezel, with a small greenish yellow diamond in 18kt bezel.

1355.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring that is! Congratulations.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful beautiful ring, LG! :love: :appl:
You know, I also wanted the pink sapphire (1331), but was already sold... I really wanted to own one of Jim's beautiful creations, so I got the purple sapphire ring instead. I haven't received it yet, as it's still in transit... though I really hope the package arrives soon..

JM1320.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choice VG, the purple sapphire is gorgeous, purple is one of my favourite colour. Another ring I coveted was the lavender jade ring.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces, LD and VR! Lavender jade was gorgeous. I got a tsavorite pendant, it is in Romanesque style that I like, he had two of similar type, it is in another thread. Also, a huge amethyst ring, which I am afraid is not in website, it is a huge purple cabochon, I feel myself cardinal-ish when I wear it.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
crasru|1295935815|2832310 said:
Beautiful pieces, LD and VR! Lavender jade was gorgeous. I got a tsavorite pendant, it is in Romanesque style that I like, he had two of similar type, it is in another thread. Also, a huge amethyst ring, which I am afraid is not in website, it is a huge purple cabochon, I feel myself cardinal-ish when I wear it.

I'm going to search for your lovely JM pieces later on, your jewelry collection is one of my favourites, you have many unique pieces.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. LG. I wanted to post pictures of finished pieces I made/got last year through PS. Just for fun. But your own collection is very good, and I love your stones.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Lovinggems|1295943646|2832355 said:

I'm going to search for your lovely JM pieces later on, your jewelry collection is one of my favourites, you have many unique pieces.

Hey LD :wavey:, here is the other JM thread with a pic of crasru's beautiful JM pendant: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/colored-stones/james-meyer-sale-t152501-30.html

I also thought the lavender jade ring was gorgeous, though I had no idea jades could come in lavender as well.

Crasru - Your have such an eclectic & beautiful jewellery collection :love: - I would so love to see your gorgeous pieces. :cheeky:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
virgoruby|1295947823|2832384 said:
Lovinggems|1295943646|2832355 said:

Hey LD :wavey:, here is the other JM thread with a pic of crasru's beautiful JM pendant: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/colored-stones/james-meyer-sale-t152501-30.html

I also thought the lavender jade ring was gorgeous, though I had no idea jades could come in lavender as well.

Crasru - Your have such an eclectic & beautiful jewellery collection :love: - I would so love to see your gorgeous pieces. :cheeky:

Thank you for the link VG!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
virgoruby|1295834890|2830996 said:
You know, I also wanted the pink sapphire (1331), but was already sold... I really wanted to own one of Jim's beautiful creations, so I got the purple sapphire ring instead. I haven't received it yet, as it's still in transit... though I really hope the package arrives soon..

Vigoruby, I thought the pink sapphire was pretty as well, but it's your purple one that I asked Mr. Meyer about first but it had already sold by then. Not a big deal, I ended up going with the yellow gold omc and I love it-- I wear it every day. I actually misplaced it on Friday and didn't find it again until last night. I thought it was lost forever and could have cried with joy when I found it again :appl: !

Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the purple sapphire when it arrives!

1227.jpg

quintilis

Rough_Rock
baby nurse|1295986342|2832810 said:
virgoruby|1295834890|2830996 said:

Vigoruby, I thought the pink sapphire was pretty as well, but it's your purple one that I asked Mr. Meyer about first but it had already sold by then. Not a big deal, I ended up going with the yellow gold omc and I love it-- I wear it every day. I actually misplaced it on Friday and didn't find it again until last night. I thought it was lost forever and could have cried with joy when I found it again :appl: !

Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the purple sapphire when it arrives!

Yikes! I'm glad you found it, I saw the pictures - gorgeous ring!

Unfortunately I missed the sale (so sad) but I had a minor heart attack when I initially read on here that he was going to retire, so I rushed to my e-mail and now I'm discussing ideas for a diamond piece! I'm so excited. I'm actually glad he put the letter up, because the note that he'll still be working on custom diamond pieces affords me some flexibility, since I would love to have more than one piece from him and not nearly enough money right now! :)

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
BN, I really love your ring too - it just looks so stunning on you. :love: And I'm so glad you are reunited with the ring (phew!).

I really can't wait to get my hands on the sapphire ring; it was meant to be my Christmas pressie to myself, however, thanks to huge postal delays, I am still waiting... :nono:

Quintillis, You're so lucky to be having Jim create a piece of art for you - be sure to post lots of pics when it's completed. :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Phew that was a close call Babynurse, congrats on finding the ring again.

Quin I too look forward to seeing your JM commissioned piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results