color
clarity

It's here! .91 peachy-pink sapphire

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
carmen1|1453568022|3980276 said:
dknorris|1453562067|3980200 said:
Niel - that first ring is stunning! I've come across it here in the forum before and was speechless. This has me researching 3-stone settings now. I like the third ring too but with some modifications. The look of adding trapezoid side stones with a micro pave shank design or even adding a halo to that third ring center stone is starting to appeal to me. Hmm....

If you like Kristen Bell's ring (the 3rd one Niel posted), MyDiamondZone just made a replica of it for my zircon - it came out fabulous and was very reasonably priced, I'm sure they could make it a full halo as well.

I think something in that style would be amazing! Carmen: your ring is incredible!

dknorris

Rough_Rock
That is gorgeous Carmen1 and thank you for sharing! I found something sort of like yours with a halo (I just cant seem to get away from them!). I also found a few settings that incorporated baguettes that I thought looked lovely too. I'd change all of the shanks on these to be thinner with pave or plain to try and stay with the more delicate style that I prefer.

Thoughts on these?

halo_with_side_stone.jpg

halo_with_baguettes2.jpg

halo_with_baguettes.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that idea a lot. I would think if you went a bit of an antique feel, leaving the band plain (save that for the wedding band) you could probably stay in budget

r16752a_org_0.jpg

picsart_01-24-02.jpg

80015017.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I prefer the style of the one's Neil posted (also the last one OP posted) where the baguettes kind of "interrupt" the halo, rather than the ones with a full halo and then the baguettes on the side. I hope that makes sense, but somehow I think it gives a more unique and vintage style, as well as keeps the ring from being overly "busy". I think that would look really gorgeous with your stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1453666375|3980788 said:
I think I prefer the style of the one's Neil posted (also the last one OP posted) where the baguettes kind of "interrupt" the halo, rather than the ones with a full halo and then the baguettes on the side. I hope that makes sense, but somehow I think it gives a more unique and vintage style, as well as keeps the ring from being overly "busy". I think that would look really gorgeous with your stone.

I agree when the bagettes are incorporated into the halo it melds the two styles vs putting the bagettes next to the halo which feels less cohesive

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My shoop started off with the best intentions, but not my best work :lol:

picsart_15.jpg

rinnngggg.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1453671071|3980818 said:
My shop started off with the best intentions, but not my best work :lol:

excellent job, I like seeing it with the color of the stone too. I think you did a great job with it :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found these two halos on BKs insta page. The second one is cool too, an airline would give it more presence, and the sideways baguette is cool.

I wonder if they could do either of these for your shape... Or, if your local jeweler could take some cues

beverleykcollection_1076283920847421611_990401231.png

beverleykcollection_792105172096729393_990401231.png

dknorris

Rough_Rock
:lol: Niel, you're so awesome! I was laughing out loud and feeling incredibly grateful for your efforts all at the same time. You did great and that really helped me get a visual on what my ring could look like and I have to say I'm loving the direction it's going! I really do want something that is classy but unique and little dainty and I think these styles do just that. The last ring you posted is divine!

If we were to decide to send the stone away for this custom design, who would be some top choices to achieve this look for value and execution?

EDIT: and yes, my stone is 6.5 x 4.3.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dknorris|1453738840|3981158 said:
:lol: Niel, you're so awesome! I was laughing out loud and feeling incredibly grateful for your efforts all at the same time. You did great and that really helped me get a visual on what my ring could look like and I have to say I'm loving the direction it's going! I really do want something that is classy but unique and little dainty and I think these styles do just that. The last ring you posted is divine!

If we were to decide to send the stone away for this custom design, who would be some top choices to achieve this look for value and execution?

EDIT: and yes, my stone is 6.5 x 4.3.

I'll sound like a broken record as I suggest him a lot but I would contact David klass. Email him with the link to the ring above, (suggesting to change the halo to bright set), tell him the mm size of your stone, and your budget. He should be able to tell you if he could do it

I had a friend just get the most amazing halo from him recently
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-first-dk-project-diamonds-sapphires-and-bezels-oh-my.218489/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-first-dk-project-diamonds-sapphires-and-bezels-oh-my.218489/[/URL]

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Great! I just sent him an email so we'll see what happens.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Wow. That DK ring is beautiful and so is the one that Bex posted. I haven't heard from David yet. I sent an email to [email protected] a few days ago. I hope that is the right one? I'll give it a couple more days.

Niel - do you remember what keywords you were using to search the rings you found? Especially that second to last one you posted on here.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dknorris|1454019725|3983193 said:
Wow. That DK ring is beautiful and so is the one that Bex posted. I haven't heard from David yet. I sent an email to [email protected] a few days ago. I hope that is the right one? I'll give it a couple more days.

Niel - do you remember what keywords you were using to search the rings you found? Especially that second to last one you posted on here.

Yes, sometimes he's slow, you can go to his Facebook and message him and say you haven't heard back.

The photos are a collective I have from Instagram and Pinterest. I usually don't Google anything more than baguette halo fo find these things

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news?

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Niel|1454642834|3987008 said:
Any news?

Sorry not much to report just yet. The jeweler that I spoke with asked me to bring in my sapphire so he and his custom designer can take a look and see what size diamonds and baguettes it would take. He could then give me an idea for the setting costs I just haven't done that yet. I didn't see an option to write a facebook message to DK but it did have his email listed (the one I used) but I never heard back. I'll try again though.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dknorris|1454862387|3988040 said:
Niel|1454642834|3987008 said:
Any news?

Sorry not much to report just yet. The jeweler that I spoke with asked me to bring in my sapphire so he and his custom designer can take a look and see what size diamonds and baguettes it would take. He could then give me an idea for the setting costs I just haven't done that yet. I didn't see an option to write a facebook message to DK but it did have his email listed (the one I used) but I never heard back. I'll try again though.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Actually use Facebook to leave a comment or direct message him through that. Usually if it slipped through one spot it doesn't slip through there

dknorris

Rough_Rock
UPDATE: I decided to go ahead and use the local jeweler I had previously spoken with for my e-ring. I brought the sapphire in yesterday and dropped it into a few settings to see how it would look. The sapphire pretty much disappeared on my hand in the rose gold halo so that option is out. It looked SO much better in white gold. I have a concern though or maybe I'm being too picky but when I saw the loose stone sitting in any of the settings I felt as if it "closed up" and didn't show as bright as it did sitting on my fingers by itself in the photos in this thread. Does this happen in ill-fitted settings? I'm expecting some drawings of my ring in about two weeks to see how it'll look and I'm hoping that once it's in a proper fitted setting it'll sparkle again. The settings we tried were full halos and it was as if the diamonds of the halo overtook the sapphire. Looking back I should have taken photos but I'll stop by after work this week and do that to share with you all. I'm hoping that the baguettes on the side will suit it better and compliment the stone rather than overtake it. :think:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dknorris|1455462310|3990945 said:
UPDATE: I decided to go ahead and use the local jeweler I had previously spoken with for my e-ring. I brought the sapphire in yesterday and dropped it into a few settings to see how it would look. The sapphire pretty much disappeared on my hand in the rose gold halo so that option is out. It looked SO much better in white gold. I have a concern though or maybe I'm being too picky but when I saw the loose stone sitting in any of the settings I felt as if it "closed up" and didn't show as bright as it did sitting on my fingers by itself in the photos in this thread. Does this happen in ill-fitted settings? I'm expecting some drawings of my ring in about two weeks to see how it'll look and I'm hoping that once it's in a proper fitted setting it'll sparkle again. The settings we tried were full halos and it was as if the diamonds of the halo overtook the sapphire. Looking back I should have taken photos but I'll stop by after work this week and do that to share with you all. I'm hoping that the baguettes on the side will suit it better and compliment the stone rather than overtake it. :think:

I'm so glad you tried it on with settings! I was afraid that would happen in rose gold.

Where they all halos? The ones where you felt like the stone closed up? I wonder if maybe it needs a more open setting.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just chiming in to say you have a beautiful stone :love:
I love the inspiration rings posted. The first one from Brilliantly Engaged would also be lovely.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Yes, they were all full halos. That's why I'm inclined to think the half halo option with long baguettes will be better suited for the stone. So that it won't overpower the sapphire. I'll also see if we can drop the sapphire into something without a halo while I'm there just to see what it does but I sure do love the combo of the two.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Another problem is that I was there on a Saturday afternoon the day before Valentine's so there were a ton of people in there and I felt rushed. This is not because of the gentleman helping me but a feeling of my own making because I knew people were waiting to be helped. When I go back I'll need to really slow down and spend more than just three seconds looking at my sapphire in the settings. :rolleyes:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So like this? I'm not sure I know what a half halo is

victorcanera_1165374966872139830_0.png

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Sorry, maybe I should have said partial halo. Basically, the halo of the design I'm after. Where it wraps around the top and bottom and is interrupted by the baguettes. That's the design I really love. The VC is beautiful too and that is what I pictured as a possible alternative!

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Okay, making progress here!
I have photos the first wax model of the ring and I wanted to share them with you. Now, it is headed in the right direction for sure but I am having them make some adjustments before it is finalized.

These are the changes I've requested:
-I still want to see it with the baguette in the actual halo and not off to the side as shown here

-I've requested that they somehow make the design on the side less "bulky" or heavy looking with the metal. I guess lighten it up and make it even more feminine and dainty. I hope that makes sense? I want to see how it would look if they make the opening under the center stone bigger to allow for more light to come through. I'm adding a photo of a ring that does that and it also has a little flair on the side that appeals to me very much.

I am going back and forth on the side view of the baguettes. A part of me like the design now since it looks art deco to me but another part of me likes the look of having openings under all the stones. I'll upload some examples after this post. Does anyone have more photos of side views with these similar designs? I found so few.

They said the stone will sit lower than what is shown here but I'm wondering if that means it'll be flush or be raised a little above the halo. I'm thinking I'd like that a little more but I will have to find out about this next time.

Let me know your thoughts please!

P.S. Sorry about the photo quality. It was hard for my iphone to focus in on the ring.

_36568.jpg

_36569.jpg

_36570.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll find you photos, so stay tuned, but my first impression is its set too high, I would have them still use three baguettes, but set the halo at the level the 3rd (largest) baguette is at now, and I agree, push that 3rd baguette into the halo itself, rather than next to the halo.

I'd ask for the shank smaller, or, if its just bulky becuas of the wax, just how big will it be?

dknorris

Rough_Rock
These are the inspiration photos I found online last night for the side design.
Again, I keep going back and forth on having the baguettes with an open design on the sides or closed like in the wax model.
The first ring appeals to me because of the little flair design on the side.

These were really the only photos I could find like this so if you guys have any more I'd love to see them!

side_image_3_with_flair.png

side_image_2.png

side_4.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results