carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's Electric... and Blue! - Electric Blue Topaz stories

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mtsapphirelovingannie|1440899519|3921020 said:
Acinom, thanks for the thread! I have a Barry electric blue topaz that I've been trying to find the right setting. I normally prefer round stones and I am struggling a bit for the right setting for my 8 mm square. There are some pretty settings so far on this thread. :)

How about the Tiffany Legacy setting?

I am having a square cushion amethyst set in a Tiffany Legacy-inspired halo setting (I do not like high profile rings or paved shanks):

cushionamethyst.png

DK :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Love this thread! :appl:

I think I need an electric blue topaz of my own!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko, I love that setting, with the open gallery (although I do wish it were set a bit lower).

jstarfireb, that setting is gorgeous. :love: it really lets your electric blue topaz shine!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1440937353|3921111 said:
Love this thread! :appl:

I think I need an electric blue topaz of my own!

ricezo, have a look at JD's current eBay listings that I posted earlier as they are lovely.

DK :naughty:

TheCollector

Rough_Rock
Hmm...I've been looking at the JD ebay listing too. How come the auction items seem to be such great prices? Is there anything that one should be aware of before bidding? That electric blue trillion topaz looked REALLY yummy. Can't wait to see the buyer pics later...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheCollector|1440971820|3921334 said:
Hmm...I've been looking at the JD ebay listing too. How come the auction items seem to be such great prices? Is there anything that one should be aware of before bidding? That electric blue trillion topaz looked REALLY yummy. Can't wait to see the buyer pics later...

The only advice I would give is that, unless it is listed as a precision cut, then one needs to expect some imperfections in the cutting.

I have purchased CSs from a small number of eBay CS vendors, and JD's cutting is way above them.

I like his "Best Offer" listings, as I managed to beg a few bargains. :naughty:

He has a good return policy, and one can buy with confidence that the CSs can be returned with no questions asked.

A self-confessed JD fan :))

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Acinom|1440929870|3921098 said:
Thanks for liking this thread Lovinggems :wavey:

The BB stone Ricezo found for her mum before it was set. As well as FrekeChild's Electric Blue Topaz ring:
Hah! That's one way to get it on the thread! I knew it was on PS somewhere...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JD reckons he has a suitable EB topaz rough suitable for a near 11mm curvy trillion. :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

dk168 said:
JD reckons he has a suitable EB topaz rough suitable for a near 11mm curvy trillion. :naughty:

Ooooooo, DK! :love: I say go for it. ;-) :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1441041835|3921679 said:
dk168 said:

Ooooooo, DK! :love: I say go for it. ;-) :naughty:

Oh yes. :naughty:

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: yay for a large electric trillion! Your collection is growing fast!
Does JD have a photo of the rough?

Another view of Freke Child's ring:

_33834.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1441044861|3921710 said:

Another view of Freke Child's ring:

What a pretty side shot. Gosh, all these beautiful pictures are making me crazy to get my own (and here I was trying to be patient). :wall:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1441044861|3921710 said:

Past experience with custom CSs with JD did not yield glamour shot of the finished stone, let alone the rough.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
dk168|1441040011|3921660 said:

Yay DK!! So excited for you! We'll be JD EB topaz trillions twins :dance: :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my electric blue topaz from Doug last night! Posted TONS of pics in my other blue/green thread. I'm going to paste them here too (sorry for double posting). I LOVE IT!

3Cf72.jpg GIf0V.jpg jGslm.jpg 6RqPd.jpg 9dfls.jpg 8Am38.jpg SbJ8R.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs: your ELectric Blue topaz is amazing. Stunning cut and color. :love: :love: :love:
Every shade of blue seems to be a great match with your skintone and this one is no exception.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stones everyone!!! Great thread Acinom! :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received this glamour shot of my 5.68ct 11mm curvy EB Topaz from Jeff D:

jdebtopaz5.jpg

DKK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty DK!! I love the curvy trillion and your is stunning :love: :love:

arabella

Shiny_Rock
lovedogs: Sooooo pretty!!!! :love:

DK: I love it! It looks very similar to mine, but "curvier" (which I really like!). My trillion from Jeff attempted to be delivered this morning, but I was out of the house! So now it's sitting at the post office, being lonely, until I can pick it up on Tuesday. I'm happy for the 3 day weekend but I really want my electric blue topaz!! ;( Hahaha ;))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy waiting Arabella :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1441126149|3922164 said:
Lovedogs: your ELectric Blue topaz is amazing. Stunning cut and color. :love: :love: :love:
Every shade of blue seems to be a great match with your skintone and this one is no exception.

Thank you for the kind words! Blue/green are definitely a better match with my skin tone vs. yellow/orange colors. So I just admire the yellow/orange stones from afar :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1441119797|3922086 said:
I just got my electric blue topaz from Doug last night! Posted TONS of pics in my other blue/green thread. I'm going to paste them here too (sorry for double posting). I LOVE IT!

3Cf72.jpg GIf0V.jpg jGslm.jpg 6RqPd.jpg 9dfls.jpg 8Am38.jpg SbJ8R.jpg

Lovedogs I can't believe how beautifully your new electric blue topaz sparkles. Congrats! :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_71125|1441735843|3925096 said:
Lovedogs I can't believe how beautifully your new electric blue topaz sparkles. Congrats! :love:

Thanks, Elle! I appreciate the kind words---Doug is just an amazing gem cutter and I can't say enough good things about his work, and about buying from him in general. I'm excited to see what it looks like set!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
Love this thread. Electric blue is one of my most fav colors. When i got engaged i wore an electric blue silk suit to the party. I also buy electric blue purses etc. i would really love an electric blue topaz! I had no idea they existed! I wonder if any if these cutters have anybleft. Is jeff davies on FBook? Or ebay?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sapphirecats|1441767626|3925394 said:
Love this thread. Electric blue is one of my most fav colors. When i got engaged i wore an electric blue silk suit to the party. I also buy electric blue purses etc. i would really love an electric blue topaz! I had no idea they existed! I wonder if any if these cutters have anybleft. Is jeff davies on FBook? Or ebay?

Jeff Davies is on FB (Jeff Davies Gems Jewellery) as well as ebay.
You may also contact Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems. He will definitely have more rough.

Good look in finding a beautiful Electric Blue :wavey:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
sapphirecats|1441767626|3925394 said:

I believe Barry on acstones.com mentioned that he was going to post an electric blue topaz soon. You might check his drop tonight.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff Davies currently has a number of EB Topaz listed in his eBay shop:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fine-Gemst...&_sid=122712575&_sop=10&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

As well as blue zircons:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fine-Gemst...&_sid=122712575&_sop=10&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Here is his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/jeffery.davies.9

Some of his stones as seen in his FB page would end up in his eBay shop, and it is worth keeping an eye on his FB page as it is where the early birds get their best worms.

He also has an online shop, however, it is not as quick to be updated compared with his eBay shop and FB page: http://jefferydavies.com/

One can also contact him directly for custom work.

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! I will look into this! I do have a ring my mum just gave me, it has a blue topaz, not quite electric, but still pretty. I need to get it enlarged. Blue is my fav color, soothing

arabella

Shiny_Rock
My electric blue topaz trillion from Jeff Davies is here! :love: I love it so much. I definitely recommend anyone who is wanting some electric blue to follow the links DK posted in this thread. I personally think its too big for my baby sized hand to wear as a ring, but it will make a really nice pendant sometime in the future!

jd_eb_trillion.jpg

jd_eb_trillion1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results