shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good sapphire for my setting?

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
You all have been so helpful I would like your opinion again. I just received this sapphire (unheated, round, 1.24 carats).
I think it would be perfect for the setting that I was hoping to use for my oval mint garnet. Darn, now I can't find the picture oi the setting, but it's a white gold round halo setting.
Would it be a better choice?
Thank you!

ceylonsapph.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Lovely sapphire!

You said your mint garnet is oval. But the setting is for a round? Is that correct? If the setting is for a round, then I'd say this would be a better match. Plus, I think that color blue would look beautiful in a white gold halo.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi RSargent: what do you know about the lab from which you have the report on the sapphire? It is one that I am not familiar with. Thanks.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I researched it and they are a small lab in Sri Lanka. They (from what I've read) are a team of respected gemologists but I am sure limited in equipment. The stone has amazing silk, so I can only hope it's unheated as claimed. Who knows until I get a more respected lab to cert it. I fell in love with the color -- it's a hot neon cornflower blue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results