shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good color change sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there after looking thru I found this color change sapphire at a low price. http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5128. Can you provide some advise pls ! tks

ma re

Ideal_Rock
One piece of information is missing - what color does this mint green color change sapphire change into? Otherwise, it''s quite pale and probably much more grey than green in real life. If you love this shade of color, no reason not to get it, but if you''d like a top quality color change sapphire, those change from deep blue to deep purple (shade similar to the best of amethysts) and cost quite a bit more.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much for your prompt reply:)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whilst people tend to look for the blue/pink-purple colourway, they're actually easier to source than some others. I have two bracelets (about 15ct and 12ct in total I think) where each sapphire is a colour changer that changes to a completely different colour from it's daylight version - one is even bi-coloured and both colours change! I have yellow ones that go green, peach ones that go purple, blue that goes green, blue that goes purple, etc etc.

In terms of the one you've posted, the most important words used are "slight colour shift". Presumably you want a colour change stone so you can actually have two looks for the price of one? If that's the case, then I don't think this sapphire will do the trick. The other thing is that it's a green/blue in the photograph and I'm wondering if just one of those colours intensifies? You can certainly find others with a good, distinct colour change so I wouldn't stop looking.

Edit: Have you seen this one? http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5222 This sounds very promising and is unusual because of the bi-colour. I'd certainly ask for more photos if you're interested.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, Loving, can you post pictures of those bracelets? They sound amazing!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2009 1:13:41 PM
Author: glitterata
Ooo, Loving, can you post pictures of those bracelets? They sound amazing!!
I tried to take photos of them a while ago and failed miserably because my camera will only pick up the incandescent change. I will try to find the photos I took but they don''t do the bracelets justice at all. IRL both bracelets have two personalities which just doesn''t translate to the camera.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only find the photos of the larger bracelet of the two. These are the dreadful photos! You can sort of work out the colour change but it''s much much more pronounced IRL! I may try photographing both bracelets again this weekend.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a ring I had more success photographing - it''s a CC Sapphire:

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tks for the beautiful references:) I had just started a new thread. I have gathered all the responses and had decided to purchase one of the color change bi color sapphire from mastercut gem. Is it a reliable source? pls let me know your views ! tks

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tks loving diamonds for the recommendation! I find the stone amazing too! Pls check out my new thread and ''feed'' me with more helpful advises:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results