shape
carat
color
clarity

Intergem! Sarosi wing sapphire and tsavorite earrings

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I met up with the lovely Ms. Cellentani at Intergem and ended up purchasing these Andrew Sarosi earrings. Actually, they are my first colored gem purchase since finding pricescope! I love the movement on them and the colors he used. More info in my show me the bling thread.

Intergem was amazing. I was thinking about purchasing a loose stone and maybe even a mounting but was quite overwhelmed. I did use the opportunity to see alot in person that I've only seen online. So regarding sapphires --- I don't get it! So many have this grey undertone - or maybe it was just me? I did see an amazing saphire ring at Sarosi for 25k or so, but about 80-90% of the other sapphires I saw seemed greyish - and frankly as someone who spends alot of time indoors at a desk if it doesn't look good at Intergem under their artificial lights I don't think its for me.

It was amazing seeing spinels and tsavorites in person though. I thought Prima Gems had a great selection, especially in terms of variety. I think I'm a spinel lover, although I want something super saturated which is probably expensive and hard to find. I saw some neat rubies, but most had zoning, so great color, but zoning - not sure if that is "normal" for rubies. Lots of gorgeous emeralds -- so tempting, but I'd want a great vendor and to read up more about emerald treatments. Treatments are such a concern! Bummer too since I love vintage jewelry.

Speaking of estate, estate jewelry at Intergem is insane. Like going to the booths in NYC in the diamond district.

More pics at:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sarosi-wing-gem-and-diamond-earrings.172035/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sarosi-wing-gem-and-diamond-earrings.172035/[/URL]

104.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are cool earrings. Intergem is fun, but I stay away, too much temptation!!! I do love the estate booths though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results