shape
carat
color
clarity

in search of my dream sapphire

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My personal choices in the USA would be either Palagems or Richard Wise.

I've had a number of stones from Pala and they have all been beautiful. I would also happily work with Richard.

I would suggest contacting both. Pala is trade-only, but they would probably be able to help you out with finding someone in Hong Kong to deal with.

I don't know if he is dealing in stones, but Richard Hughes who is basically the 'God of Corundum' and author of 'Ruby & Sapphire' and who used to work for Pala is currently based in Hong Kong. If Pala don't have other avenues they might be able to go through him.

ETA: I'm going to a Gemmologist's Xmas Party tonight and will ask around and see if anyone has any HK recommendations...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pokerface|1324157647|3083626 said:
Based on the picture in the GIA cert, this sapphire looks like it might be a great deal, and the seller appears to be very reputable. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Important-U...9861?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item5643b7da25

Have you bought from them? If you have, can you share your experience? I have them bookmarked, but their stones that I like are a bit pricey, and I don't want to just take a chance. Any first hand experience you, or anyone else, has with them will be helpful.

And yes, from the photo, that sapphire looks lovely. A bit pricey, but great color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results