shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could only have one more stone...

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
...for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I would want an 8-8.5 mm round or 8x10mm oval sapphire, Madagascar, deep color, electric blue.

I'd then have to spend two years, and infinitely annoying threads, deciding how to set it. :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Something mint green or bright fanta orange. I"m over the jewel tones. I want something that screams color!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depends on what day of the week you're asking me. If money was no object - maybe the ruby that Roger Dery has right now.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'm laughing at you Athena! "Depends on what day..."

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Color changing garnet, with its greyish bluish purplish hues possibly.... May be sapphire... who knows...

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

A five carat Columbian emerald. Of course, untreated with very very very fine color.

Annette

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Top color Russian Demantoid or a glowy blue/green emerald.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I THINK I would settle for the R.W. Wise round Burmese ruby. Even though it is smaller than the one I have, it is a much better color.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A neon tourmaline, paraiba color, don't care if it's African or Brazilian. I'd never ask for another thing in my life. (Right....!)

Right now, in real life, I'm looking for just the right tsavorite.

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
8 mm transitional cut diamond with a lovely checkerboard facet pattern. D color, IF clarity. Set in a simple platinum solitaire setting with beautiful claws.

Oops, I forgot I am on the CS forum :rodent: :

An untreated cushion Burmese ruby with top color and fluorescence (7mm x 9 mm). The 3-stone setting would have a 18K yellow gold head for the ruby, and 2 small flanking step cut diamond trapezoids in platinum with a platinum shank.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I...can't....decide...too painful to choose...must have more than one...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Paraiba the colour of Greg S's, a spinel like Chrono's big oval lavender, or a ruby that hasn't been cut yet.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooooh that's a tough one... :-o Agreed with others, depends on the day of the week, the moon cycle and how I'm holding my tongue... :lol:

I *think* it would definitely be a 10mm Octavia Asscher cut - preferably eyeclean - in either a neon Paraiba Tourmaline OR stop-light red ruby/spinel. :love: At a pinch I'd settle for it in a velvety blue/green sapphire, you know if I was REALLY desperate! ;))

Soooooo if anyone sees one of these be sure to let me know mmkay?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
a four carat, asscher cut, fancy vivid blue diamond vvs 65% depth of a fine even color, yet still bright.

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
a 5+ carat (preferably 7.5+) no heat Mogok ruby in red with a slight purplish tinge. probably cushion cut but hey, i'd take anything i could get in that color and size.

i looked at rw wise's round ruby for some time but ... it's roughly equivalent to a 1-1.25ct round diamond. just not big enough for a forever red stone for me ... sigh.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
A Pariba tourmaline, round or cushion, 7mm. Of course, WHERE the money is going to come from is another matter...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1378342417|3514676 said:
a four carat, asscher cut, fancy vivid blue diamond vvs 65% depth of a fine even color, yet still bright.

Great minds think alike.

Although I'd want an octavia cut vivid red. Hey, if we're gonna dream, dream big!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a 5 carat rectangular cushion cut burmese sapphire. :razz:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the Blue and the Red taken I guess I'd settle for a fully natural 4 ct VVS1 Fancy Vivid Green Octavia.
Life's rough!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slksapphire|1378343029|3514683 said:
a 5+ carat (preferably 7.5+) no heat Mogok ruby in red with a slight purplish tinge. probably cushion cut but hey, i'd take anything i could get in that color and size.

i looked at rw wise's round ruby for some time but ... it's roughly equivalent to a 1-1.25ct round diamond. just not big enough for a forever red stone for me ... sigh.

That would be exactly what I'd love as well. Either that or else a fancy vivid diamond (not sure what colour yet but definitely not yellow or pink).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slksapphire|1378343029|3514683 said:

To be honest, if I had your beautiful ring, I wouldn't want anything else. :naughty: :bigsmile:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Finally, a question that's easy to answer. I'd love to have a 2+c Octavia :bigsmile: That's all.

By the way, I'd love to see how the purchaser of the 2.38c Octavia set that beauty. :mrgreen:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
8mm cushion cut fancy vivid orange diamond VS1 of course!

dnilson

Rough_Rock
smitcompton|1378321503|3514497 said:
Hi,

A five carat Columbian emerald. Of course, untreated with very very very fine color.

Annette

I'll second that!!!! But why stop there? Why not make it 50 carats!!!!! :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results