shape
carat
color
clarity

idj does it again

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
They are just great, a phone call, a couple emails and fedx shows up. Thanks Luann. My wife had the jackets (IDJ) and studs and said something about getting some dangles. IDJ made the dangle with a tab with two holes, one is used with just the studs and the other with the jackets and studs. The dangles match her bracelet (IDJ) and are 1.73tcw, f/g, PS quality stones.

christmas_2013_073.jpg

idj3prongearrings_023__2_.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Those are so beautiful, I have no words! :love: I'm madly in love with them. Terrific job!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh....can I request pictures of the back? I'd like to see how all the pieces fit together.

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Just a tab with two holes, simple but it works. (they are dirty from me taking pictures of them)

_13335.jpg

_13336.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is cool and seeing the tab explains everything. Thank you! I'm sure DW loves her new and very versatile earrings. :appl:

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
The pictures really don't show how nice they turned out.

idj3prongearrings_040.jpg

idj3prongearrings_042.jpg

idj7stone_earrings_023.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
That is really gorgeous! :love: :love: What a great idea! :appl: :appl: I love those guys, and Luann is great.

This gets me thinking . . . :naughty:

I bet they can do all kinds of interesting variations on that: graduated size stones, stones on little dangle chains, hmmmm . . . :Up_to_something: :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clever design and delightful jackets, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I assume when you wear the jackets, you insert the post into the upper hole in the tab, to leave room for the larger halo, but what about if you just wear a plain stud without the jacket? Is any of the "tab" around or above/below the stud visible?

Very clever design, and what a thoughtful husband you are! I'm sure your wife loves them. Now she can *really* customize how dressy she wants her earrings to look. I'm going to do the same thing soon, but with pearl drops for my jackets + studs. Hadn't even considered diamonds :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think when the stud is worn without the halo, it goes into the lower hole (closest to the dangle portion). It should be large enough to cover the rest of the tab.

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about the delay in responding. The diamond studs are a little more than 1 ctw, set in a basket style setting and if there is a bit of the tab showing I haven't seen it nor have I been told about it. The BB spinels are 6.3mm and I'm sure it doesn't show with them. They did turn out exactly as I requested and are very well done. They are a little "dressy" in my wife's opinion, so I'm guessing they may do a little more setting than dangling, time will tell.
Thanks to all of you and IDJ.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I just can't get over those, Hay Joe. They are so ingenious, flexible, not to mention beeeeautiful! Was all this your idea or did IDJ suggest it? Or did you come up with it together? I'm sure your wife prizes you no end! (Neat Rottie too.)

--- Laurie

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
I thought it was all my idea until I spoke to Luann. She sent me pictures of a similar project they had done but with a single hole tab.

As far as the dog goes, he is absolutely wonderful. He is GREAT with kids and is very social. We took him with us to a new years eve block party at a friends house. There were several people there we didn't know nor did they know him. An hour or so after the "Does he bite?" questions he's off playing with their kids and being invited into their homes. He is very special. Sorry, couldn't resist, him as a puppy and riding in his rhino.

sp12__3_.jpg

sp_rhino_ride.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What an ADORABLE puppy! You have a knack for picking dogs as well as jewelry. Neat story about the party! Rotties are terrific dogs, great family members & funny goofballs. Reminds me of when I was collecting signatures for a petition on a San Francisco streetcorner. When someone walked by with a Rottweiler, the idiots around me all backed away, but I chirped, "Hi!" & got down on my knees. In seconds I was slathered with dog spit, my face all cleaned off. Bet she thinks she's a kid too, doesn't she?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results