shape
carat
color
clarity

Ice Queen Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emeraude

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share a new ring. It’s a 10.77 carat white topaz, cut by Gene Flanigan of Precision Gem, set in a custom white gold setting by Brian Knox of Knox Jewelers.

When I started the project, I wanted a snowflake-inspired gem---something clear and cold and wintry but not overtly snowflake-esque. (I love cold places, must be my Nordic ancestry!) Gene gave the topaz what I would describe as a ‘vintage’ snowflake look---classic geometry and a big clear table through which to view a frosted snowflake design etched onto the underside of the stone. The result is something decidedly snowflakey, but in a subtle way. You have to get up close to it to see what’s really going on---from across a room it just looks sparkly and fancy.

For the setting I wanted something that was also part modern and part vintage, something that would showcase the stone and match the level of detail. I loved a setting that I saw on the Knox site, and was able to work with Brian to adapt it to the unique requirements of such a large stone.

Of the two gentlemen who were willing to undertake such an unusual project with me, I can only say they were both wonderful to work with. I would recommend either of them without hesitation.
1.gif

(Images by Knox Jewelers Minneapolis.)

smallerpongs.jpg

Emeraude

Rough_Rock
Here''s another image. These aren''t doing justice to the sparkliness of the stone or the detail underneath with the frosting, though. It''s very sparkly!

smallerprongscloseup.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I think we need a few dozen more pics of it though, especially hand shots.

Emeraude

Rough_Rock
And here's one that shows detail from the side. The prongs were filed back a little more after this picture was taken, but it shows the detail in the basket.

456dghja.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh that's great!
36.gif
I love how subtle it is.

Edit: I love how subtle the snowflake effect is. The ring itself is a stunner!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s very unique and pretty. I''d love to see photos of it on your hand.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! I love the way the prongs when seen from the top, enhance the shape of the gem. The profile was such a gorgeous surprise and the detail is superb. Very many congratulations, what a wonderful ring.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one STUNNING ring!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! Seriously stunning, and I love topaz...

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
great idea you came up with. the execution of the design is superb! i would love one myself.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Although I would never be daring enough for a 10 ct ring (I would probably send someone to hospital - and it may just happen to be myself!), it looks wonderful.

Gene is fantastic and Brian did that stone justice with his setting!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a delicious ring! The setting is just beautiful! And the stone is lovely. What a fun project!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - I am totally in *love*!!!! That is so amazing!!! We definitely need hand pics!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like it should be showcased on the cover of a jewelers magazine! It's absolutely drop dead gorgeous, and fabulous cutting by Gene with an amazing setting. That's not just a ring, but a fantastic work of art (I would put it in a showcase for display!).

You have to show this off in the "Show me the Ring" section of the forum so more people can enjoy and covet this piece. I'm going ga ga over here. Can you tell I absolutely LOVE IT!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOW that is REALLY cool! Where are the handshots?!?!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, that''s awsome and I absolutely love the setting!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
unique and i love the cut gene used for this stone!

movie zombie

Emeraude

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies!
1.gif
I''ll try to post hand shots today or tomorrow.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa--for sure, my kind of ring! Well done!!!

cheers--Sharon

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emcry.gif
Hand shots, where are the hand shots!!! I don''t know how much longer I can take this!!
32.gif

Emeraude

Rough_Rock
These pics were taken indoors under pretty unnatural light, so they don''t show the fire and sparkle of the stone to full advantage (will take some outdoor shots this weekend), but it gives you an idea of how it sits on the finger.

ice ice baby.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results