shape
carat
color
clarity

I want all of these colored diamonds

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
When I got to the green section my heart sped up. They are so incredible! A world of beauty *swoon*.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG this Fancy Vivid Orangy Pink is the ultimate:

The second one that I'm drooling over is the Fancy pure Green.
Can you believe that's a real natural diamond?

Fancy Vivid Ornagy Pink.png

Fancy Deep Green.png

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll take this color in a 20 carat stone please, and can you give me five of them for a set?

violetdiamond.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1327806229|3113919 said:
I'll take this color in a 20 carat stone please, and can you give me five of them for a set?

It may take a while to find 5 matching ones.
Are you sure you wouldn't prefer me just buying you a single 100 carat pure Fancy Intense Violet diamond?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1327806548|3113930 said:

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer me just buying you a single 100 carat pure Fancy Intense Violet diamond?

I'll have to think about it. . . . :naughty: :lol: ;-)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1327806683|3113935 said:
kenny|1327806548|3113930 said:

I'll have to think about it. . . . :naughty: :lol: ;-)

WELL!
I NEVER! :o

I'll just have to give it to one of my other PS girls. ;-)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's funny because when I go out with my kids to a store, they always say, "I want that!! I want this!!" and I tell them, "well, I want Harry Winston's diamonds, but I'm not getting them." :devil: I made several people in the store crack up laughing with that comment.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
TL, my mother said the same -- except for her it was a Whistler painting!

Kenny, these, please. I'll be home all week for the FedEx delivery.

8_fancy-intense_0_orange.jpg

3_fancy-vivid_greenish_blue.jpg

8_vivid_0_yellow.jpg

25_fancy-vivid_blueish_green.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I looked at the link, I picked out 2 for my wish list but shows I'm in good company because they've attracted attention from others too!

kenny|1327805966|3113913 said:
OMG this Fancy Vivid Orangy Pink is the ultimate:

TL said:

Diamond Fancy Intense Violet.jpg

Diamond Fancy Vivid Orangy Pink.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
They're all so gorgeous in different ways! :love: Bur my favorite of them all looks suspiciously like one you already have, Kenny - the Fancy Intense Greenish Blue pear. That color is PERFECTION!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BLING :love: :love: :love: TASTIC!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Does that come in a poster?? Its like diamond P*RN!!! Oh my - I too had my heart pump a little faster at the blue/green end of the spectrum and especially in the pink section.

What an amazing gift of nature to create so many colours for us all to enjoy --- just like people! :halo:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1327837382|3114077 said:
TL, my mother said the same -- except for her it was a Whistler painting!

Kenny, these, please. I'll be home all week for the FedEx delivery.

You only want four?
Okay.
I was going to buy you the whole lot. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1327844641|3114110 said:
They're all so gorgeous in different ways! :love: Bur my favorite of them all looks suspiciously like one you already have, Kenny - the Fancy Intense Greenish Blue pear. That color is PERFECTION!!

Yes indeedee, thank you. :appl: :wavey:
Several in that group ARE already sold.
Actually, so far I've spotted three that are mine . . .
... the Blue Emerald Cut and the Grayish Violet pear (the Blue is incorrectly listed as Fancy Blue but it's actually Intense, also the color is stronger and less gray than in that pic)

BTW, while investigating this I noticed that the aspect ratio (ratio of width to length) of some of those pics is off.
Software does this when a rectangular pic is forced (stretched) into a perfect square.
This distorts the width of diamonds, making a pear seem fatter or more slender than it is in real life.
This initially fooled me when deciding whether this was my pear.
Closely comparing the pic to the pic in the original listing proved it was mine.
Every highlight and shadow matched.

The hue of that little Fancy Intense Greenish Blue pear is my favorite hue in my collection and probably of all FCDs I've ever seen, though that Fancy Deep Green Oval posted above would kick it off the thrown.

One thing that blows my mind about the pear is how good the rough had to be; it wasn't just clever cutting.
It's only 8 points so the light didn't get much material to travel through to get tinted but look how strong the color is.
Next the evenness of the color.
Many pear FCDs have stronger color near the tip and weak color at the widest part, but this one is so even.
Next pears often reveal very pale areas in a side view (which tell us the color intensity is very much the result of careful cutting), but not much in this little guy.

Although it is the smallest of my dozen FCDs that bold color holds its own and just kicks @ss. :sun:
Lastly, in person it glows neon like a Paraiba Tourmaline.

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/4679.htm

333333333.png

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
goodness they are all so pretty :love: :love: :love: I was just telling my hubby the other day that I really, really want a pink diamond, he was like :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: yea I dont think there is one in my future lol

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
diamondrnglover|1327865364|3114331 said:
goodness they are all so pretty :love: :love: :love: I was just telling my hubby the other day that I really, really want a pink diamond, he was like :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: yea I dont think there is one in my future lol

If you are not hung up about pure pink (some deep browish pinks have this ridiculously lovely antique pink look), or some orangy pinks with look a touch salmon are actually rather affordable :))

Everyone should have a project, and you should save up towards that pink! :appl:

Kenny, again your impeccable taste shows.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, I want all of them too but even one would suit me just fine. :naughty:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Oooh so pretty.
I have this thing about arranging objects in color order (my towels are gradated, my colored pencils are ALWAYS in color order), I admit, so that web page really resonates with me!

chowzer

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for yellow diamonds as well and I want to make a purchase but I am afraid of purchasing it online does anyone know about www.thediamond.com?? I've been seeing this site for 2 years and just waiting for my BF to be ready for that day to come and to buy our engagement ring that that day is here we are worried that we might get scammed!

They are an online store for 10 years and I've found reviews about them only in 2004-2007 that was too long ago and I do not live in NY to see it in person. They only do custom rings and you must pay before they make any orders then they ship it to you. They do have 30 days return policy and all but still it is still an online store. They're prices are good and you can select all the 4"C"s of your choice.

Please help!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chowzer|1327975862|3115261 said:
I have been looking for yellow diamonds as well and I want to make a purchase but I am afraid of purchasing it online does anyone know about www.thediamond.com????? I've been seeing this site for 2 years and just waiting for my BF to be ready for that day to come and to buy our engagement ring that that day is here we are worried that we might get scammed!

They are an online store for 10 years and I've found reviews about them only in 2004-2007 that was too long ago and I do not live in NY to see it in person. They only do custom rings and you must pay before they make any orders then they ship it to you. They do have 30 days return policy and all but still it is still an online store. They're prices are good and you can select all the 4"C"s of your choice.

Please help!

I have not dealt with that vendor but over the years I have bought 20 Fancy Colored Diamonds, FCDs, from Leibish & Co. at www.fancydiamonds.net
I also have returned 8 for no-hassle refunds.

They are in Israel and I'm in the USA but there has never been a lost shipment and there is no duty or taxes added.
There is no customs to bother with.
They have a huge selection of almost 600 FCDs and 197 of those are Yellow.
Click here and enter your specs: http://www.fancydiamonds.net/search_diamonds

I am not a shill for this vendor, just a passionate FCD lover with a story to tell.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamond-collection.159746/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamond-collection.159746/[/URL]

chowzer

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for answering my question and concern, I have heard of that site you've mentioned and hearing that they don't charge any custom fee will be a bonus since I'm from Canada. In your experience, do you find their prices better than going to the local jewelry store? Have you gotten any custom made rings from this company or you do you purchase the diamond and then have it made into a ring at your local jewelers?

Anyways did you perhaps visited www.thediamond.com and if so, what did you think of this site? Did you get any bad vibes from it? Thanks again!

chowzer

Rough_Rock
one last thing, did you pay by credit card or wire transfer to get that discount? Just worried about wiring money and may not get anything in return :confused:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chowzer|1327990884|3115404 said:
one last thing, did you pay by credit card or wire transfer to get that discount? Just worried about wiring money and may not get anything in return :confused:

Well, I've wired 20 times and got 20 FCDs in return - but certainly you must trust your gut.
The first pink I bought from Leibish I brought to GIA in person to verify the stone matched the GIA report.
Now as I think back it was a tad silly but I was very suspicious and nervous at first.

Comparing prices of FCDs is futile.
They are very rare so there is little chance you'll find many close enough to compare, and things not even on the GIA report dramatically affect their value.

You can compare prices of white diamonds since supply is MUCH greater.
All GIA Gs are nearly identical in color enough that price won't vary within the G grade.
With FCDs a single GIA color grade, say Fancy Intense Yellow can vary a great deal in hue, tone and saturation and the price will also vary within that one grade base on how desirable a particular diamond is.
Within that one single Fancy Intense Yellow grade the yellow may have more orange, green or brown - but not enough of that modifying hue for GIA to grade it Fancy Intense Brownish Yellow, Greenish Yellow or Orangish Yellow.
Brown will lower the price but green will increase it.
This means all Fancy Intense Yellows (even of the same weight and cut and clarity) will NOT be the same price at even the same vendor.

Sorry.
I'm not trying to be unhelpful or evasive.
FCDs are just quite different animals, quirky, rare and expensive.
That's why, to me, the integrity of the vendor is paramount.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have made one FCD purchase from Leibish. Since I am in the US, I did not have any custom hassle or duty import fees but as you are in Canada, it is very likely that you are still obligated to pay your VAT and whatever else per Canadian rules. My local jewellery stores do not carry such an extensive inventory and pricing seems higher than Leibish. I plan to have my pink diamond set at the jewellery store of my chosing when I have finalized the design. And yes, I paid via wire transfer to take advantage of the discount. :bigsmile:

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
chowzer|1327990343|3115396 said:
Thank you so much for answering my question and concern, I have heard of that site you've mentioned and hearing that they don't charge any custom fee will be a bonus since I'm from Canada. In your experience, do you find their prices better than going to the local jewelry store? Have you gotten any custom made rings from this company or you do you purchase the diamond and then have it made into a ring at your local jewelers?

Anyways did you perhaps visited www.thediamond.com and if so, what did you think of this site? Did you get any bad vibes from it? Thanks again!

It's not the vendor that charges customs fees, it's the government. If you are one of the lucky provinces that has HST, expect to pay the 13% tax on the total price of the diamond. If you don't have HST expect to pay the GST and PST. Usually the courier pays the tax when they import the diamond for you and you must reimburse them before they release the diamond to you.

http://canadaonline.about.com/cs/customs/a/shopshipcanada_2.htm

I have never heard of www.thediamond.com before, which means little really. So I can't comment on them specifically. I have purchased FCD's from http://reddiam.com/ and http://www.amgad.com/ before and can vouch for both as reputable companies with excellent customer service.

If you'd like, you could start a thread about your adventure in finding your FCD. There are pretty knowledgeable people here that could answer any specific questions you might have. Plus I love living vicariously through others :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results