shape
carat
color
clarity

I my ruby glass filled?

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a lovely antique style ruby and diamond ring, which I fell in love with. I was said it was a natural ruby and only 1/2 a carat, but that is as far as it goes for details. I am no expert, but I try to do a lot of research and study what inclusions look like and i could tell that it was not synthetic at least, I did expected it to be heated though. The next day under bright light i noticed some flashes of blue in kind of circular form only in the bottom left area of the ruby. I suspect that it could be led glass filling, and I wanted to know what people thought that have more experience in rubies than me. I am planning to replace the ruby because of my suspicions. Thank
you :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt if it would be worth the effort involved for a stone that size myself, however, I could be wrong.

DK :))

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is what I thought too. I still might replace it with a certified stone for piece of mind though. Thanks for the response.

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
the only way to know definitely is if you get it tested; an agl gem brief would likely suffice. how much did you pay for the stone? it may not be worth it to get it tested if it wasn't too expensive, but your call.

planet_jp

Rough_Rock
Whatever the quality of the ruby, I think the ring itself is quite beautiful.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yea I know. As soon as I saw the ring ring on ebay I fell in love with it. I decided to buy 1/2 new ruby and have it reset which they can have it sent out to do a AIGS report before it comes to me. Ruby is my birthstone and I wanted to finally have a ring with my birthstone in it, but I want to make sure at the very least its only been heated and not fractured filled. Thank you for all the replies :)

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ruby came in the setting with the ring, and the ring cost me 400 dollars, so i'm not sure what part was for the ruby. I don't want to spend money on a report to find out it's glass filled.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results