shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm curious to know...

stci

Ideal_Rock
I confess that I am very surprised by your answers. You have such beautiful jewelry and many of you do not wear it! Wow!

To extend the discussion (I love), what do you think of women who have dirty and/or poorly maintained nails? Do you like manicures? Nail polish? Are you taking the time to maintain your hands and nails?

Are you one of those who think that the hands tell a lot about a person? :cheeky:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
stci|1296701914|2841508 said:
I confess that I am very surprised by your answers. You have such beautiful jewelry and many of you do not wear it! Wow!

To extend the discussion (I love), what do you think of women who have dirty and/or poorly maintained nails? Do you like manicures? Nail polish? Are you taking the time to maintain your hands and nails?

Are you one of those who think that the hands tell a lot about a person? :cheeky:

Would love my nails to look lovely all the time, but... having a young kid I just keep them cut really short. Having a manicure with a 20 month-old in tow is a recipe for disaster!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't tolerate manicures and nail polish either; it feels like there's something squeezing my nails. Not only that, I don't like the look of the little chips I see the following day so it's all just wasted on me. :lol: I do my best to remember to apply lotion regularly so my hands don't look more wrinkly than they already are and my nails are always trimmed and short as required for the type of work I do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I keep my nails well groomed and shaped but I also keep them polish free because of my profession. I am constantly washing my hands because of work as well so this works best for me.

I do think hands can show something about a person but I only think that when I see poorly maintained hands/nails otherwise I don't think about it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love doing my nails. yeah, i know... I have this thing about letting OTHERS do them though. I don't have a problem with going to a shop and having them do my feet, but not my hands...ugh!!

Even though I don't wear nail polish every single week, I still give myself a manicure as my nails grow crazy fast.

-A

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I think hands are pretty revealing about a person. Some of the most beautiful hands I've seen are the work-weathered hands of women who have spent their lives caring for others, or creating beautiful art work for others to enjoy. I don't think you need to have manicured hands with polished nails to have lovely hands: I like hands that do things other than just look decorative.

Having said that, I keep my nails fairly short and clean, I put on lotion multiple times a day, and I don't like getting manicures, although pedicures are one of my indulgences.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never gotten a manicure or pedicure (by someone else) in my life, not even for my wedding. It just weirds me out.

I generally keep my nails short and unpolished. I have pudgy little hands, no amount of nail polish is going to transform them into slender, elegant things, lol.

ETA: In highschool I had a crush on this guy in my art class because he had such beautiful, aesthetic hands. The big blue-green eyes didn't hurt either, but his hands were so text book aristocratic.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
One as well, sometimes (though rarely) two stacked.

stci

Ideal_Rock
You know what? I was completely backwards thinking girls who are members here. I always thought you had your fingers full of rings, tons of necklaces, bracelets and earrings that you wear all the time. It was time that I ask because I have to change my minds!

For the nails and hands, I often see pictures with half painted nails, one short, one long and sometimes dirty. Fortunately, I realize those are exceptional cases! I love beautiful hands! Long nails can help extend the line of short hands and long hand and delicate do not need to have long nails in my opinion.

The important thing is to avoid too dry hands that look older and to have equal and very white nails if you do not wear polish. The ladies here seem to understand and take care of their hands. A jewel, so beautiful it is, will never be fun to watch if hands who wears are horrible. A perfect ring with perfect hand is simply magical! The effect is doubled and it's amazing!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:bigsmile: Oh yes!

Years ago in my teens, I used to bite my nails (not badly - but still bitten). One day somebody remarked that they liked to see nice clean manicured nails as they felt this was the sign of a nice clean girl. For some reason that really resonated with me and I looked down at my hands and flinched, wondering if people thought I was dirty!!! I stopped biting my nails immediately and since then I've always had long, well manicured (I hope) fingernails. In fact, because I wear my nails long I'm often asked if they're false and on several occasions people have not believed me when I've said they're real and they've tried to yank them off!!! Most painful and very annoying! Oh and I always do my nails myself - I've never had a manicure in my life! I don't know that anybody would shape them the way I like them to look! Having said that, I love a pedicure!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I've never had pretty nails, they grow quickly but also break easily because they are not strong. When I was young I used to spend a lot of time keeping them longish, but it was quite time consuming because I had to keep polish on them which requires constant upkeep. In the 90's I worked in an office where how I looked was quite important and nail polish on natural nails is hard to keep when you are constantly working with paper so I got acrylics. They looked nice until a manicurist damaged a nail bed and I took them off - what was underneath was a disaster and I've never had anything but polish put on my nails since.

Fast forward 15 yrs and I now have less than gorgeous hands (age does that to you) so I keep my nails quite short, but long enough to wear polish if I choose. It wouldn't matter what I did to my hands or nails, they will never be "pretty" again, but that sure doesn't keep me from wanting to wear pretty rings.

My mom had very unattractive big hands, but she had the most gorgeous natural nails I've ever seen on a woman. She always kept them perfectly manicured and always wore big nice rings and figured they helped to distract from her hands.

I now usually just wear my wedding band and a colored stone eRing (I have several) on my left hand and a colored stone ring on my right when I go out - I seldom wear anything around the house... sometimes I wear a gemstone/diamond band on my pointer finger of my left hand also if it matches the eRing color, but not often.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I was trained in medicine, the habit of cutting my nails very short stays. I can not trust a manicurist with my cuticles, especially with the abundance of hepatitis around, so I end up with not well-cared for short-clipped nails. The skin is rather soft, though, and I even have some baby dimples on my hands which is funny. My paternal grandmother had thick fingers, and I have inherited the trait from her. I'd prefer to get something else, she was a gorgeous northern Valkyrie, but in some ways, I repeat her life so maybe hands mean something.

stci

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1296770146|2842185 said:

:bigsmile: Oh yes!

Years ago in my teens, I used to bite my nails (not badly - but still bitten). One day somebody remarked that they liked to see nice clean manicured nails as they felt this was the sign of a nice clean girl. For some reason that really resonated with me and I looked down at my hands and flinched, wondering if people thought I was dirty!!! I stopped biting my nails immediately and since then I've always had long, well manicured (I hope) fingernails. In fact, because I wear my nails long I'm often asked if they're false and on several occasions people have not believed me when I've said they're real and they've tried to yank them off!!! Most painful and very annoying! Oh and I always do my nails myself - I've never had a manicure in my life! I don't know that anybody would shape them the way I like them to look! Having said that, I love a pedicure!

I hear you! Same for me too!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I typically always wear my ering and wedding band and then a RHR. however since I broke my wedding band I have only been wearing my ering on my left hand.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
When I was in college and even for a time thereafter, I had a bit longer nails and always polished them myself. Now, I might get a manicure once a year at Christmas. The rest of the time I keep my nails pretty short and clean. Last weekend I polished them myself for the first time in I can't remember how long. I need to try to take better care of my cuticles even though my nails themselves always look pretty good. And I have never had a pedicure. Count me in the camp of for some reason being weirded out by that.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The most I'll wear is my wedding set on my left, and a CS RHR on the right - sometimes stacked with an eternity, but most of the time by itself.

Though it's fun to stack them all up for pics, I just can't bring myself to wear any rings on any finger besides the "ring". LOL
I'm posting these because you all are the ONLY people who understand why this is fun.

IMG%201008A.jpg
IMG%20408a.jpg
IMG%20409a.jpg
IMG%20441a.jpg
IMG%20440a.jpg
IMG%20425a.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gah my eyes my eyes! I'm going to show these pics to JD tomorrow. My 8 projects waiting and couple more stones in mind might not seem so much to him. I think I'd lock myself in my room and play in my jewelry box all day long if I had that many. :love:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! How do you decide which one to wear?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Gah !!!!!!! All those Beautiful Rings!!!!!!

I have big ugly hands. Like my Mom.
I like to polish my nails, but then they crack and split.
I keep my nails short. Best for my work.
I feel like my rings draw unwanted attention to my hands,
but I like the rings so, oh well......

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaurenThePartier|1296778553|2842322 said:
The most I'll wear is my wedding set on my left, and a CS RHR on the right - sometimes stacked with an eternity, but most of the time by itself.

Though it's fun to stack them all up for pics, I just can't bring myself to wear any rings on any finger besides the "ring". LOL
I'm posting these because you all are the ONLY people who understand why this is fun.

Lauren,
That's what my fingers look like when I go out. :lol:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I generally only wear rings on my ring fingers, e-ring and wedding band on the left, and a cs rhr on the right like others. Sometimes I will add another ring, but it almost always ends up off my finger because I don't like rings rubbing on each other and for some reason cannot get used to wearing one on my other fingers. As to manicures...yes, I like to get my nails done, but they just don't stay that way for long. I hate to see my own hands in photos...they always look chubbier and more wrinkly than they look to my eyes and make me feel older. I am nervous about photos of stones on my hands for that reason..my fingers have scars here and there (cut in the kitchen, or power tool slipped, you know!).

Laura

stci

Ideal_Rock
Largosmom|1296788937|2842489 said:
I generally only wear rings on my ring fingers, e-ring and wedding band on the left, and a cs rhr on the right like others. Sometimes I will add another ring, but it almost always ends up off my finger because I don't like rings rubbing on each other and for some reason cannot get used to wearing one on my other fingers. As to manicures...yes, I like to get my nails done, but they just don't stay that way for long. I hate to see my own hands in photos...they always look chubbier and more wrinkly than they look to my eyes and make me feel older. I am nervous about photos of stones on my hands for that reason..my fingers have scars here and there (cut in the kitchen, or power tool slipped, you know!).

Laura

Watch out Laura! Your hands and your nails are not tools! Take care! ;-)

stci

Ideal_Rock
LaurenThePartier your rings are incredible! Wow!

Your nails just need to be clean around when you do your mani or you let a mini space near cuticules and sides. Always beautiful if you do like this!

But your rings OMG! BOOM..... hooo hooo I fell to the ground! Outch! :lol:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover|1296784990|2842420 said:

Lauren,
That's what my fingers look like when I go out. :lol:

Way to go! That's the spirit!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lauren,
That's what my fingers look like when I go out. :lol: ........ to the supermarket :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1296865899|2843452 said:

Lauren,
That's what my fingers look like when I go out. :lol: ........ to the supermarket :bigsmile:

How did you know? And to work, to get the mail, to the post office, to the doctor, to drop the kids off at school, etc. . .

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laurne, those pics are just freakin' awesome :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm another one in the camp of wearing my er/wb on my left hand, and one rhr on my right ring finger. I can't stand wearing rings on my middle or index fingers! It never used to bother me, but now it drives me crackers.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, omg, I SO want to play in your jewelry box!

I'm another wedding set/rhr girl. While to do not have the extensive collection that some of our PSer have, I do have one CS ring that has never been sized, that I can wear on my index or middle finger. In fact, I wore it to work yesterday. By lunchtime, it was in the zippered pocket of my purse because it was annoying the heck out of me. I really need to just take it to the jeweler, already.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Currently I wear my wb/e-ring on my left ring finger and a 2mm 1/2 eternity band on my left pinky finger. Then I wear a CS ring on my right ring finger along with two tiny stacking bands.

I have plans for projects for each of my index fingers as well. I might even throw in a thumb ring someday, lol. I think the most fingers I would wear rings on at one time would be three per hand. But I'd gladly wear multiple rings on each of those fingers. There's a line somewhere in my head on how many rings are too many, but for me it's more of an eye thing than a number thing.

I keep my nails relatively short both because I'm a nurse so long nails are frowned upon and also because if they go much past the ends of my fingers they really get on my nerves. I do try to take care of my hands as far as putting lotion on and stuff. I will confess that my cuticles suffer because I'm a picker and constantly mess with them. Plus I don't drink enough water so they get dry easily.

LTP - I so envy your CS collection. I hope someday I have half the collection you do. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results