shape
carat
color
clarity

I just bought a beautiful blue sapphire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Meowtown2

Rough_Rock
I am so excited! I''ve been looking for a stone for my Ering for over six months now, going back and forth between diamonds and sapphires. I had two lovely diamonds on hold, but couldn''t pull the trigger and decided that sapphires were really my stone of choice. I definitely made the right decision and have just bought this gorgeous blue sapphire cushion from the Natural Sapphire Company. I worked with Livia, who was absolutely wonderful (and very patient)! I LOVE IT!

Okay, time for pics!! The stone is 4 cts, unheated, IF, 9.58 x 8.48 x 5.76.

Blue Cushion!.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! How will you set it??

Meowtown2

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I forgot to mention that it''s the stone in the middle! FI actually picked it out first over all the others. Once payment is received, the stone is being sent to Leon to be put in this setting (oops, I can''t get the pic to load, so here is a link): http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=390&mode=search

Honestly, I don''t know how I''m going to wait until December to actually have the ring! AHHH!

Meowtown2

Rough_Rock
Thanks cushioncutnut! I have decided to give Leon some level of artistic licence with the setting, but the setting I posted above is my first choice. I''m open to suggestions, though!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely choice!

cheers--Sharon

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be amazing! Lovely choices!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, it''s stunning!!!! I really want to see more pics of that one!!!

Meowtown2

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the great comments! I really searched high and low for the right stone, so I''m pretty happy (and sort of in shock) that the search is over! FI actually asked what I was going to do with my life now that I have made my Ering decision. I told him there are luckily still wedding bands to be purchased!!
31.gif

Sharon-Thank you! You actually helped my FI pick out his wedding band! I showed him the Bulgari B-Zero ring you bought for your husband, and he has been obsessing about it ever since! And he doesn''t even like jewellery! May I ask how comfortable your DH is finding it? Does the spring-action affect its wearability?

Geckodani- Thanks a bunch! Your approval means a lot after seeing your lovely rings!

Gladys-Thanks! I will try again to post a pic of the setting for you. Hopefully it will work this time.

Lauren-Thank you, I don''t have any more pics at the moment, but believe me that once I get them, you guys will be the first to see them!

Neat-Thanks, I will definitely be back to post the pics when it''s finished....if it''s ever finished. December seems like a long way off!

Here is the setting again (fingers crossed):

TaperedBaguetteSetting.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2008 11:25:51 AM
Author: Meowtown2

Sharon-Thank you! You actually helped my FI pick out his wedding band! I showed him the Bulgari B-Zero ring you bought for your husband, and he has been obsessing about it ever since! And he doesn''t even like jewellery! May I ask how comfortable your DH is finding it? Does the spring-action affect its wearability?
HI:

Meow--my DH loves his ring--and he is not a jewellery man either (wore plain 24K and platinum bands for 22 years....). He loves the width and unique style--but does take it off for sports (safety and comfort). I don''t think the spring-action has affected it''s wear in any way; but he has only had it since July so I cannot speak to long tern effects. So far so good!

cheers--Sharon

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

It''s a beautiful shade of blue!!

Can''t wait for hand shots!

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a beautiful sapphire!!! I can''t wait to see it when it''s done.
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2008 11:25:51 AM
Thanks to everyone for the great comments! I really searched high and low for the right stone, so I''m pretty happy (and sort of in shock) that the search is over! FI actually asked what I was going to do with my life now that I have made my Ering decision. I told him there are luckily still wedding bands to be purchased!!
31.gif

Geckodani- Thanks a bunch! Your approval means a lot after seeing your lovely rings!

Gladys-Thanks! I will try again to post a pic of the setting for you. Hopefully it will work this time.

Lauren-Thank you, I don''t have any more pics at the moment, but believe me that once I get them, you guys will be the first to see them!

Neat-Thanks, I will definitely be back to post the pics when it''s finished....if it''s ever finished. December seems like a long way off!

Here is the setting again (fingers crossed):
That is my good friend Snoopers ring! I can''t wait to see what a sapphire will look like with that setting!! DROOL!!!

Meowtown2

Rough_Rock
Sharon - Thanks for the info. We''re going to Bulgari this weekend and I''m fairly excited about seeing it on!
LostSapphire - Your ring is absolutely stunning! I approached Jeff about my search as well but just happened to find this stone before he found any rough for me. I definitely want to go to him in the future because his cuts are just amazing.
Catmom - Thank you! Every time I see the sapphire in your avatar, it just pops!
Cushioncut - That was the setting I requested, but Leon just sent me this pic of the shields he picked for side stones!

Does anyone have any opinions? Thoughts? Concerns? I have a potentially stupid question to ask, but are the stones upside down? It looks a bit weird, but could be the black in the background. I think the proportions are great, but was wondering if the stone on the right was slightly smaller or if it was just the angle?

2534-shields.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 7:59:41 PM
Sharon - Thanks for the info. We''re going to Bulgari this weekend and I''m fairly excited about seeing it on!
LostSapphire - Your ring is absolutely stunning! I approached Jeff about my search as well but just happened to find this stone before he found any rough for me. I definitely want to go to him in the future because his cuts are just amazing.
Catmom - Thank you! Every time I see the sapphire in your avatar, it just pops!
Cushioncut - That was the setting I requested, but Leon just sent me this pic of the shields he picked for side stones!

Does anyone have any opinions? Thoughts? Concerns? I have a potentially stupid question to ask, but are the stones upside down? It looks a bit weird, but could be the black in the background. I think the proportions are great, but was wondering if the stone on the right was slightly smaller or if it was just the angle?
I like this combination. The angle may just be throwing it off a bit on the RH side. Are they upside down? good question...probably not, trillions seem to photograph kinda strange sometimes.

LS

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow. That is going to be one STUNNING ring. The sapphire is simply amazing.
30.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love that setting! I was wondering if it''ll look prettier with the sapphire set east-west though.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is GORGEOUS!! I don''t know how you''re gonna wait that long...

Meowtown2

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments! I am so excited about this that I can''t actually think about anything else...the next month and a half is going to be unbearable!

I just spoke with Leon who said that the stone is absolutely stunning! Woohoo! He is going to send some more pics of side stones soon, so I''ll be sure to post them. He also suggested pink sapphire side stones, which I''m totally excited to see. Stay tuned for round 2!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Blue and pink sounds YUMMY! I''ll be waiting to see!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!!!!! Love the color and the size. Can''t wait for round 2.

Lisa

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I''m so jealous of all you ladies getting gorgeous unheated sapphires.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
The setting and stone are gorgeous, I can''t wait to see your new ring.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous sapphire--unheated to boot! I think the proportions with the side stones are great--I cannot wait to see the finished ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous sapphire. I can''t wait to see it mounted and on your finger.

Meowtown2

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone who has written such nice things about the stone and setting!

As promised, here begins Round 2. I''ve narrowed it down to these three options in addition to the original shields I posted last week. I don''t have any pink options yet! (I can''t figure out how to attach more than one pic, sorry):

bullets 0.81 ct.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2008 9:29:37 AM
(I think these and the original shields are my favorites)

Jaw drops to the floor! I vote for the homeplate shaped shields! They really compliment that gorgeous stone nicely! I like the flow of it the best!!! SWOON!
30.gif
Oh I am so jealous! May I ask, is the prices of his sidestones reasonable? I have received a quote from him for the 3 stone setting....but he could not quote on sidestones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results