shape
carat
color
clarity

I have this Swala Spinel coming

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After much back and forth with Eric at Swala Gem Traders, I have decided to buy this spinel. He assures me it is top for a spinel and that I won't be disappopinted unless I am looking for something out of the ordinary.

His description: 3.76ct pear (11.7 x 7.9 x 6.4) more on the red side, medium tone, well cut, eye clean, flourescence, similar to Chrono's pear.

ref8757%20A[1].jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
MAHENGE ****!!!!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks good. I hope you are happy with it when it arrives.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be interested to hear what you think of it when it arrives.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did he provide any handshots for you before you made the decision?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1310485706|2967283 said:
Did he provide any handshots for you before you made the decision?

No, he said it was on the road as they have gem shows and it was not in Tanzania. I hope it's a keeper. I have kept a pear on my mind for quite a while.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I've got one on the way from Swala too . . . also a pear. Now I feel like a copycat! But mine is pink-pink instead of the red-pink, and teeny. I too, felt this crazy draw towards the sweet little shape.

Looking forward to your hand shots!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fierypyropixy|1310489580|2967339 said:
Lovely! I've got one on the way from Swala too . . . also a pear. Now I feel like a copycat! But mine is pink-pink instead of the red-pink, and teeny. I too, felt this crazy draw towards the sweet little shape.

Looking forward to your hand shots!

Post yours when you get it please!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes ma'am. ;-) It might be a while though - I purchased last week but the tracking company shows it still at their origin.

You know how we like to stalk our tracking around here. I remind myself, "Patience is a virtue, Pixy". LOL

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks really nice from the photo!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I was just looking at that one....or at least I was a few weeks ago. I really loved it! I can't wait to see RL shots...what are your plans for it? Ring? Necklace?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1310503615|2967491 said:
I was just looking at that one....or at least I was a few weeks ago. I really loved it! I can't wait to see RL shots...what are your plans for it? Ring? Necklace?

How did you view it, was it IRL? This one was not on their website.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Bright Ice, have you received yours yet?

My tracking has mine STILL at it's shipping origin. :confused:

Wondering if the tracking is just poorly updated, or if I'm just the unlucky one.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fierypyropixy|1310675039|2969046 said:

Wondering if the tracking is just poorly updated, or if I'm just the unlucky one.

Mine just got shipped this morning from Bangkok but it is moving as it should. Expected delivery is Monday, 7/18.

Hope you get yours soon. Where was it shipped from?

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice|1310677419|2969067 said:

Mine just got shipped this morning from Bangkok but it is moving as it should. Expected delivery is Monday, 7/18.

Tanzania. It's interesting you can see an expected delivery . . . mine has nothing like that.

I'd screen-shot it, but eh. Basically it's history is:

"6:24pm 7/11 Received at Origin Facility" (Kenya)
"10:50pm 7/11 Forwarded to NBO, Kenya", and
"10:50pm 7/11 Shipment Record Created"

And I'm still stuck at a current status of "Shipment Record Created".

Hence, I was hoping maybe the tracking was as poor as the USPS. LOL

Patience, Pixy. Patience.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fierypyropixy|1310679428|2969099 said:
bright ice|1310677419|2969067 said:

Tanzania. It's interesting you can see an expected delivery . . . mine has nothing like that.

I'd screen-shot it, but eh. Basically it's history is:

"6:24pm 7/11 Received at Origin Facility" (Kenya)
"10:50pm 7/11 Forwarded to NBO, Kenya", and
"10:50pm 7/11 Shipment Record Created"

And I'm still stuck at a current status of "Shipment Record Created".

Hence, I was hoping maybe the tracking was as poor as the USPS. LOL

Patience, Pixy. Patience.

How are they shipping it? When was it shipped? Mine is FedEx.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
My shipping is through something called Aramex. I did a search and it seems that Aramex facilitates the shipment, and it would end up being delivered through a FedEx or the like.

I admit I didn't ask any questions about the shipping when I purchased. I emailed Eric I'd made a choice, and paid his invoice on 7/6.

On 7/9 he wrote me to apologize for the delay, but there had been a public holiday. On 7/9 he wrote the "gem was sent" and should be with me "in a week or so".

I bothered him on 7/12 for any tracking info -- so I could stalk the front window and not chance missing a delivery. He pointed me towards Aramex with a tracking number, and . . . that's where I saw the records I quoted above. I suppose some other entity transported it to the Aramex facility or something, hence the two day lapse. (Or less than two days considering the weekend -- it showed up at 6:24 on Monday evening.) But . . . that's all the info they list for me. No link to a state-side shipper or anything. Still "Shipment Record Created" as of 10:50pm on 7/11.

I will stop taking up your thread and start my own -- I don't want to hijack it, I just figured we might have similar shipping and arrivals since we bought from the same place around the same time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shipping updates are rather spotty through no fault of the vendor. Sometimes, the package appears to sit in transit for a few days, then it arrives at your doorstep out of the blue. :???:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1310731837|2969538 said:
Shipping updates are rather spotty through no fault of the vendor. Sometimes, the package appears to sit in transit for a few days, then it arrives at your doorstep out of the blue. :???:

Chrono glad you posted. I was wondering, do you consider your stone more red or pink? Or a good mixture?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the time of day and the light source. In the early mornings and late evenings, it shows its reddest, often almost totally red. In the afternoon and indoors, it is pink. The rest of the time is a combination of red and pink.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'm stalking this thread just to see what you think when you get it. I hope you gasp!!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1310731837|2969538 said:

Oh, definitely not blaming the vendor -- just used his correspondence as a timeline. Thanks, Chrono.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FPP,
In hindsight, I see that I may have unintentionally insinuated something unkind in my post. My apologies as I didn't mean it that way.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1310737385|2969579 said:
I'm stalking this thread just to see what you think when you get it. I hope you gasp!!
So do I. Just a few more days and I shall see! Who was the vendor for your spinel? It's a gorgeous color!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results