color
clarity

I finally got a Jewel Jet!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1398893978|3663833 said:
PrecisionGem|1398887610|3663756 said:
Also distilled water is not recommended for making espresso.

Am I correct in assuming this is only because of taste, not any risk of damaging the machine?

I think it's both, and if you are frothing milk, I don't think distilled water gives you as dry a steam. I know the instructions that came with my espresso machine explicitly stated NOT to use distilled water.

psproot12

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, that gave me an idea of why.

psproot12

Shiny_Rock
Oh, you guys are talking about espresso! I thought "beans" were slang for tourmaline beads or something! :confused:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Be careful steam cleaning colored stones. Generally not a good idea. I sold a really pretty flawless apatite to a jeweler one time. She set the stone, the promptly steam cleaned it. When she was done with the steam cleaning, there was no stone to be found, just a bunch of pieces. Many colored stones should be kept away from the steamer. Steam cleaning is a sudden blast and quick temperature change, which can cause cracks.

Thanks Precision, this is good to know! Diamond and corundum and spinel only (and/or check before cleaning other stones!).

Thanks!

PS. Demon, I will remember to ask, I don't want to risk my solitaire pendant (which got chipped traveling - now it stay sat home!).

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl|1398913412|3664084 said:
Be careful steam cleaning colored stones. Generally not a good idea. I sold a really pretty flawless apatite to a jeweler one time. She set the stone, the promptly steam cleaned it. When she was done with the steam cleaning, there was no stone to be found, just a bunch of pieces. Many colored stones should be kept away from the steamer. Steam cleaning is a sudden blast and quick temperature change, which can cause cracks.

Thanks Precision, this is good to know! Diamond and corundum and spinel only (and/or check before cleaning other stones!).

Thanks!

PS. Demon, I will remember to ask, I don't want to risk my solitaire pendant (which got chipped traveling - now it stay sat home!).

It would be good to know - besides my good diamonds, I have a few cheapie colored diamonds from ebay that do have some flaws. And
while the didn't cost much, I love the colors and would hate to ruin them.

anthony-roman

Rough_Rock
The jewel jet works perfect for diamonds. I haven't tried it on sapphires or other gemstones. This thing is well worth your money. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results