• 40-49

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 50 or over

Votes: 17 7.4%

• Total voters

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had done it before and got a 0, this time I got a 3. I guess I'm pretty color sensitive.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
103. My family told me when I was little that I was color blind and that it is rare in females. I never believed it, but wow- look at my test result. :shock:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really surprised but I got a 0. I've got old eyes as I'm 3 years off being 50 (did I just say that out loud??).

colour perception results.jpg

colour perception test.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, a 0! I got 18, with a problem in the violet area only... That was the one I did last, though, and it was very late, so my eyes were burning. I was not wearing eyeglasses, and I should. I did not redo the test just to avoid the repetition factor. Was somewhat surprised, since I like combining colors and actually felt it was my strong side...ah, whatever. Also, with age, green is supposed to go first? Not violet? Does long-term exposure to fluorescent light have something to do with altered color perception in the violet end of the spectrum?

Read all posts. I have an old monitor at home. Probably need to repeat the test at work now. With eyeglasses on.

LD - we both had kids at older age, it seems. Way to go!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1301208927|2881020 said:
wow, a 0! I got 18, with a problem in the violet area only... That was the one I did last, though, and it was very late, so my eyes were burning. I was not wearing eyeglasses, and I should. I did not redo the test just to avoid the repetition factor. Was somewhat surprised, since I like combining colors and actually felt it was my strong side...ah, whatever. Also, with age, green is supposed to go first? Not violet? Does long-term exposure to fluorescent light have something to do with altered color perception in the violet end of the spectrum?

Read all posts. I have an old monitor at home. Probably need to repeat the test at work now. With eyeglasses on.

LD - we both had kids at older age, it seems. Way to go!

Yeah! :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl:

Doubtfully my son will appreciate my stones, but never mind!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
I got a 43. Interestingly I had cataract surgery a few years ago (I'm only 43 years old) and I always wondered if my new replacement lenses show color the same way. I notice differences in LED green traffic lights....

Any other people with cataract issues?!?!

BoulderGal

lisalovesshoes

Rough_Rock
I got a 0 too! I look at colours everyday for work so maybe my eyes have been trained! =)

C.A_2011

Rough_Rock
I don't get it...
I scored a 0 from the first try, yet I can't tell the difference between a D and a J when looking face up at a diamond!
Is it the sparkle that throws me off? :confused:

untitled.JPG

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I got a 3 and then a 4... First time, I was mostly off on in the blue/green region, second time more green/yellow. Neat!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BoulderGal - I am not an ophtalmologist and hence should not be answering this question, but I think that cataract does not occur overnight, it grows slowly so that everything looks dimmed and I believe that the cataract itself alters the perception of color because of the way how little (and how) light reaches cones and rods. So replacing a semi-opaque lens with a transparent one should make a huge difference, if anything, it should improve color perception and you should notice a definite effect. Since you probably do not remember how LED traffic light looked when you were 20 and remember pre-surgery period, I do not think it is only the lens properties, although they do play a role.

On top of the lens, the surgery may also change color perception by its effect on the retina which is hard to measure.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I got an eight. Apparently the green spectrum is not my strength. For green stones, I like bluish green, but not anything in the yellow range. Perhaps that means something. My favorite colors are red and blue, not just for stones, and I faired well there. I will do this on a different monitor and report back.

xritecolortest.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for reviving the thread. We have a bunch of newcomers of late who might find this interesting - and educational.

demantoid

Rough_Rock
This was fun. I love to dissect colors and apparently I've had practice because I got a 0.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Pfft- I got a 26. Apparently my issues are at the intersection between the blue and green region and the red-orange region. Which makes sense seeing as I've never managed to identify the undertones for those colors.

oneeqi

Rough_Rock
nice test, got 0 score :appl:

printscreen.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought such a test is easier because one only needs to arrange it. You can take your time and play around by comparing it to the other squares as reference. It is more challenging to have to guess the colour without a reference point.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
score: 1023
Haha, naw, for some reason, it won't let me take the test. In desperation, I hit 'score test' and that's what it said. Apparently, 1023 = total failure. :-o Wish I could take it, maybe I'll try again later.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I got a 3 and then then a 4 in March of 2011...
Then took it again recently, twice, and got a 0 both times! Must be a monitor thing?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
ooo~Shiney!|1300933452|2878640 said:
Evidently, very well.
I got 0 first try
at least I can do something right today.

Me too!

Does this mean we spend a lot of time looking at colored stones? :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not necessarily. IIRC, many of us got 0 on the first try...I think its just maybe those of us who like colored stones have a prewired proclivity for color, sorta like the way someone may end up a chef because of they were born with a great palate.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Woooow.... I got 0 at the first try..... but my eyes are watery now from staring too close to the monitor...

D

Deactivated member 42515

I got a 4...not great, not bad... And yes, my eyes are super watery too. Am blinking constantly to revive said eyes!

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
interesting test. i wonder how accurate it is, though, because i got fairly dissimilar results.

i took the test this afternoon wearing glasses and got a 12.

i just took the test (evening, average incandescent lighting) wearing contact lenses and got a 0.

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
4 here, first go. my trouble seems to be in the blue/purple area which doesnt really surprise me. that was fun thanks. :D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I scored a 3 (versus an 8 ) on a different computer with a slightly larger monitor, with the contrast at 100%. I guess there is hope for me in the green spectrum. I also changed my vote.

xrite_test2.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd forgotton how interesting this was. I've just read the whole thread and its amazing how many people stumbled only on the blue/green portion. It does back up Kenny's opticians comment that the blue/green spectrum is the first to fade.

I'm going to have a go tomorrow when I'm not tired and see if one year on there's a difference. My eyesight has definitely changed and I'm doing the arm extending and squinting to see things now (feeling my age) :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your point, Silksapphire, that there may be a difference in visibility depending upon whether its daylight or incandescent light. I took it in incandescent light.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The time of day, and your latitude will also change the color of natural light, and effect the way your stones look. (This may not change your score on the test, however, because it is a color comparison test, not a color idenfication test, but I'm not sure).

Pala explains it here:
http://www.palagems.com/quality_4cs.htm

If you look at the color at people's hands in their photos, it changes quite a bit. I recently took some pictures in the morning and at noon on the same day, and one can see the color shift of my hand.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go one step further - as we all know that different lighting changes how we perceive color, like hands - and say that I bet of everyone took the test in two lighting types, it might explain the different scores people got. I took it in relatively low incandescent light, so it was probably easier for me to read the color. It may be that those who took the test in brighter natural light may have been at a disadvantage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results