shape
carat
color
clarity

How Does This Happen?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I haven't paid a visit to ebay for quite some time, so I paid a visit to see what's offered for sale these days. I found this sapphire on Easternnee and was about to add it to the SGBTS thread when I looked at the AIGS brief/card. Now how does that happen? A blue ruby, huh? If I didn't know that Easternnee is reputable, I would think that someone was forging the AIGS report. But I doubt that -so what is it - their honest oversight? Pretty sloppy if it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-VVS-AIGS-Cert-Heat-only-Intense-Kashmir-Blue-Sapphire-1-40ct-/160975359013?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item257ae10c25

For those that may be interested in the stone based on color, know that their stones are typically rudimentarily cut (that is, not precision cut) and they tend to amp up the saturation in their photos. The stones I've bought from them I've kept, so they were not wildly inaccurate, but just know that the sapphire might be a good deal, but it likely will be less intensely blue.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very strange. I tried to authorize the report with AIGS and they said it could not be found which isn't a good sign. I wasn't sure if they authorized the brief reports but I assume they do since it has a report number(?)

Sorry, but it looks dodgy to me. The report costs more than the stone at the moment!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
How do you check a report with AIGS?

Why is that priced so low compared to the other stones?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just verified it with AIGS. This is what they said:

Saturday, 16 February 2013, 18:56

Thank you for using AIGS Lab services. Your search results showed the following:

Certificate No : GB12090588
Weight :1.40 Carats
Result : Natural Sapphire

For more information on our Laboratory or Education Institute please see www.aigsthailand.com

if you are visiting Thailand, please drop by and visit us in the 55 story Jewelry Trade Center Building in the center of Bangkok's Gem District.

Photo attached.

This must be a typo on the report card - might be worth letting the Vendor know because they've clearly missed it!

sapphire_for_minous.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably an AIGS typo. But the vendor's description of "intense Kashmir blue"? I think not. The pictures are definitely amped significantly.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1361049599|3381889 said:
Probably an AIGS typo. But the vendor's description of "intense Kashmir blue"? I think not. The pictures are definitely amped significantly.

I know, right?!! I am so tired of vendors doing this! I can't believe they don't get more stones sent back, but I guess feel like they got their "intense Kashmir blue sapphire" for such a steal, that when it comes, and it isn't the intense, saturated blue in the photo, and neither is it from Kashmir, they still think they got it for a good deal so they decide to keep it. I still think certain ebay vendors, this being one of them, have good prices for what they are. But they are most definitely not highest quality by a long shot.

Thanks for the due diligence LD - I seem to recall that the last time we were researching lab reports we both got stuck in Thailand with no results! :lol:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep - managed to negotiate out of Thailand now! Have sent you an email with details x

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results