shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Wink & anyone with info. on Pink Cushion Tourmalines

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi thinking of Pink still, among other projects, and would love a lead on finding a cushion med. pink
tourmaline - sapphire ring (1-2 cts.) set like the Tiffany Novo with diamonds set in band.

Thanks, in advance.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Lisa,

I am sure Wink and other Vendors here on Pricescope can and would be very happy to help you with your project.

The best way is to contact them directly: https://www.pricescope.com/dealers.asp

Here is a link to them:

Andrey
PS Admin

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price of a tourmaline is going to be way less than a sapphire. But the sapphire will be more durable. So I guess it depends on your budget and purpose for the ring. If I were spending a lot on a setting, I''d go for sapphire.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Have a look on Jeff White''s members site: there''s a new cushion pink spinel....lovely

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Andrey, will research vendors.

DS - thanks for the durability info. (that''s why I luv PS) would have taken me hours to discover this.

LS - don''t know much about spinels but they sure look great!

My project - a pink cushion cut stone prong set w/ channel or pave set diamonds in plat.

like the novo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, ask Jeff at www.whitesgems.com. He just recently cut a fantastic pink tourmaline and is asking a very reasonable price for it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lisa - Does this mean that you given up on the pink diamond idea for now?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 5:08:09 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Lisa - Does this mean that you given up on the pink diamond idea for now?
Arrgh.....FlyGirl, you caught me!
emembarrassed.gif

I do still want a fancy but where, who, how?

Yes guess I''m rationalizing and being practical
7.gif

Did you read the RT post by Diagem and J.Lo''s Pink Diamond from BA?

WOW a 6.10 ct. "orangey" intense pink!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My personal feeling is that if I am spending thousands on a platinum and diamond setting, I want a durable stone, and that would mean sapphire with spinel being second. Obviously there are some special very expensive stones that would be exceptions such as paraiba tourmaline or tsavorite garnet, but for the most part, I wouldn''t put a $300 stone in a $3000 platinum setting. But that''s just me!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 7:44:04 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
My personal feeling is that if I am spending thousands on a platinum and diamond setting, I want a durable stone, and that would mean sapphire with spinel being second. Obviously there are some special very expensive stones that would be exceptions such as paraiba tourmaline or tsavorite garnet, but for the most part, I wouldn''t put a $300 stone in a $3000 platinum setting. But that''s just me!

Diamondseeker again I appreciate the advice.

How is a tourmaline less "durable" I mean will it chip or crack?

And as for the Paraiba, this intrigues me but I don''t know where to start figuring out the subtlties.

I''m open to any stone that has a great pinkish/fleshy color.

And then there is the issues with finding the right cushion cut - ugh! (1 ct. or a little over)

I like a middle ground between "crushed ice" and geometric angled stones - Help!
emotion-33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results