shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is "Rose."

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Again, I know this stone isn't anything super special in the grand scheme of rings, but it's so right up my alley! It's in my sweet spot for size and looks super juicy in my work lighting. Plus I'm starting to REALLY appreciate the affordability of sterling settings. I want this ring in every stone and color possible.

_13991.jpg

_13992.jpg

_13993.jpg

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
I think it's great! I completely agree with you about sterling settings. My wife doesn't like yellow gold at all so why pay more for white gold? Just so I can say it's gold? :bigsmile:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks airplay! I used to be all about the white gold, but silver doesn't need replating and is so much less expensive. Now if only I could find a local silversmith for when I don't want stock...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli|1390483439|3599386 said:
Thanks airplay! I used to be all about the white gold, but silver doesn't need replating and is so much less expensive. Now if only I could find a local silversmith for when I don't want stock...
I was just thinking the same thing.

This is beautiful. As is all of your collection.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I look forward to opening all your posts, Kelli. You have a great eye for stones. I love the gallery on your ring, too!

--- laurie

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great garnet! They are such good value.

Even in Bangkok or Hong Kong it is difficult to find a good silversmith who does single items.

Currently many people want to use sterling only to safe money but those do not want to pay for the art / craft, so the jewellers prefer to work in gold.

Though silver is slightly easier to work with that gold it still takes a good deal of time to design a single item. And then people go 'oh, soo much, only for silver'?

But that is changing as people value the work more and more. Silver is going to get more popular in the next decade, I would bet.

Kahlua

Rough_Rock
That setting is gorgeous, and the stone looks amazing in it! I love your whole collections of garnets. I'm craving a similar ring, it might be my next project. :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my thoughts in order of appearance, lol:

1) Wow, love that stone, love the color pop!

2) Great photos - you have a knack

3) What kind of work lighting, because most work lighting is some kind of fluorescent and garnets often brown out and yet yours looks awesome.

4) - and I know this should not have been my last thought, so sorry - Lovely ring! Lovely detailing in the profile view.

:appl: :appl:

moosemunch

Rough_Rock
That is beautiful! Your collection looks so lovely. Where did you find the setting?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it tooks great on your finger!
good size and I happen to also like silver and do not like "white" gold.
total win in my book!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Love "rose" and all your other garnets too!

I agree, you can't tell white gold and silver apart by looking, so why pay more for it? That's why I've always preferred yellow gold to WG.

The setting on rose is gorgeous, too. Love the profile shot.

Enjoy!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
oooh kelli, I think Rose is my favorite of all the rings you've posted! Such a gorgeous deep color, and great setting choice!!

Out of curiosity, I know you bought one of Jeff's amethysts recently - Did you ever get it set? I'm eyeing some of those nice Uruguayan amethysts....

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Gorgeous :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful collection! Rose is a looker-gorgeous color. :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. It looks like a rich raspberry wine, the color is so rich and yummy I just want to gulp it down! The fleur de lys setting is also really really nice!! :)

sapphiresal

Rough_Rock
Another lovely one, Kelli! You've got a great knack for picking pretty and effective settings for all those beautiful solitaires.... :appl:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! There are so many unbelievable stones on this forum, so your compliments mean a lot. To answer the questions…

I do have fluorescent lighting at work. This stone doesn't seem to brown out much there. The redder one in the three stone kind of does, but it takes on more of a rust color that I actually really like. The Mali and the Spess don't really look their best in it.

I did get one of Jeff's amethysts a while back to fill a setting I had gotten for the Spess and decided against. I never made a thread for it, but it's in some of my group shots in other posts. I'll see if I can find a picture. For a stone I paid $100 for, it gives me plenty of enjoyment, though the setting is not my fave. I want to set it in silver with peridot sidetones someday for a "fun" ring, but never see a peridot pair small enough. The one I ordered for my niece I haven't seen yet. Shipping takes a while from Thailand, but I'll post pics when I get it.

The setting is yet another stock one from Stuller. They're not original but they're sturdy enough, affordable, and get the stones on my fingers quickly which is what matter most for me. I lack the patience and the funds to send my stones away for custom and/or elaborate settings. I keep telling myself I'll do it someday when I find a super killer stone, but right now I'm just having fun collecting what I can afford and having different things to stare at each day at work. Plus I truly enjoy the simplicity of a single stone on a band, which I guess works in my favor budget-wise. :lol:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Here's the ammy. I like the idea of the setting, but as you can see it sits up pretty high. I'm glad my Spess isn't exposed like that!

The stone itself is pretty. It's dark but velvety, and even when it goes more opaque in certain lights, it looks pretty awesome because of the grapey color and the cool looking surface facets.

_14032.jpg

_14033.jpg

_14034.jpg

sweetgems

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Kelli,
You sound like me.....with the wanting to set your own stones and not having the patience or money to do elaberate, custom settings. I am brand new to this PS site. I have been collecting gemstones for 11 years, and have been interested in setting some of them. Living in Bermuda limits me with shipping costs, so I only use silver settings. I have taken pics of what I have set, but have to figure out how to post them here...(pretty pathetic computer skills)...
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous gems! :love:
Sonia

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Kelli|1390565492|3600141 said:
Thanks so much everyone! There are so many unbelievable stones on this forum, so your compliments mean a lot. To answer the questions…

I do have fluorescent lighting at work. This stone doesn't seem to brown out much there. The redder one in the three stone kind of does, but it takes on more of a rust color that I actually really like. The Mali and the Spess don't really look their best in it.

I did get one of Jeff's amethysts a while back to fill a setting I had gotten for the Spess and decided against. I never made a thread for it, but it's in some of my group shots in other posts. I'll see if I can find a picture. For a stone I paid $100 for, it gives me plenty of enjoyment, though the setting is not my fave. I want to set it in silver with peridot sidetones someday for a "fun" ring, but never see a peridot pair small enough. The one I ordered for my niece I haven't seen yet. Shipping takes a while from Thailand, but I'll post pics when I get it.

The setting is yet another stock one from Stuller. They're not original but they're sturdy enough, affordable, and get the stones on my fingers quickly which is what matter most for me. I lack the patience and the funds to send my stones away for custom and/or elaborate settings. I keep telling myself I'll do it someday when I find a super killer stone, but right now I'm just having fun collecting what I can afford and having different things to stare at each day at work. Plus I truly enjoy the simplicity of a single stone on a band, which I guess works in my favor budget-wise. :lol:

Those stuller settings are not bad at all. especially on a budget. Another place you might find nice settings is Rio Grande. I brought one into my jewelers once and he was happy to use it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results