shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with sourcing citrine and having ring made

DiamondDeenie

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I don't get the opportunity to post here very often, but when I do everyone is always so helpful and nice.... hoping I can get some help from the experts again today :) After 5 very long years, my hubby and I adopted our son, who was born this past November. I want to have a ring made to commemorate his birth. Also, hubby was born in November, as was my sister and my best friend... I'm thinking there's something to this November thing :) I've decided on citrine as this is the birthstone of my son (I just loving saying that!!) and the birthstone of all of the people closest to me.

As I have three stacking eternity bands on their way to me (pink, yellow, white diamonds in pink, yellow, white gold - yay!) and a Cartier rolling ring, I'd like to be able to wear the ring, occasionally, in place of my engagement ring pairing with either the stackers or my rolling ring. I am currently obsessed with the Tiffany Sparklers ring, but don't love the fact that it is yellow gold, nor do I love the price tag. I am, however, going to Tiffany's this weekend to try it on.... just in case. I would love to have something similar made, in rose gold. As I have not yet tried on the Tiffany piece, I'm not sold on the shape either. I have long, thin fingers which tend to lend themselves well to stones with an elongated shape (my e-ring is an oval). If I do not go with the something similar to the Tiffany ring, I'm thinking an elongated cushion. So, my question is.....

Where do I begin?? Do I have to work with someone to source the stone or have it cut??? Is the same person able to make the setting?? Is there a way to simplify this process or am I just making it too difficult?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!! :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look around to see which citrine colour you like best, approximate size you want and we'll go from there. Citrine is plentiful enough that you shouldn't need a custom cut stone. It is best to get the stone first, then send it off to get set.

DiamondDeenie

Rough_Rock
Sorry - I should have mentioned, I'm thinking 8 - 9 mm face up (not sure what that equates to in gem weight) and I prefer a more yellow citrine. I think the *perfect* stone would be a yellow citrine, elongated cushion approx. 8mm wide and 9 - 10mm length.

estelle

Rough_Rock
Your project sounds very special. For a November birthday, I typically think of Topaz. Topaz is more durable and more brilliant. Is there some reason you are seeking citrine?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonddeenie: since you have two of the exact same threads opened simultanteously, you will need to ask the moderators to close one of these threads and just consolidate the comments so they are all in the same location. :praise:

That said, you will have many gorgeous stones to choose from. The citrine that I have been loving recently is the citrine, often referred to as Madeira Citrine, which is a beautiful orange color (in case that appeals to you more). I do want to mention that if you want this as a stacking ring with others as well, 9mm diameter might be on the large size unless you are used to rocking a big look. Good luck, you've received some great suggestions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results