shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Setting

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I have two projects in the works. I've decided that I will set the 6mm tsavorite I purchased from Katharath in an IDJ jacket. I am adding a delicate diamond bail. Yekutiel and I have already discussed the project and he helped me chose the bail. This is a perfect setting for the tsav as it deepens and helps the tsav maintain its color. The tsav looks a lot better under certain lighting conditions. Katharath passed this info onto me but I wanted a round, calibrated size stone and I felt that the stone would work well for what I had in mind.
Now, I also have the new 6.8(ish)mm tsav. It does have the small window and while I am not thrilled with the window, I do otherwise like the stone and I think that with the right setting, the window will not be all that noticeable, if at all. I don't have any experience setting a stone with a window and I am wondering what type of setting would work best. Halo? Basket that is not too open?

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I would imagine that some sort of busier basket would help, but I haven't run into this issue yet. Do you have pics of the stones?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm interest in this question also. Do people have pictures of the kind of baskets that hinder light from entering a window, thus making it hard to detect?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD posted pictures of her halo basket recently showing how it made her sapphire (?) look less windowed than it really is.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Jereni, I posted photos of the stone on Nov. 5th under the subject "New Tsavorite -Opinions Please".

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, would you be able to direct me to the post with LD's photo? I am not having any luck locating it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results