shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with setting ideas for this unique engagement ring!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Playing up contrasting colours will be spectacular!

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
I think so too Chrono! I think I like the idea of doing rose gold on the inside of the shank and on the prongs. I just love contrast!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
purplegirl|1405746828|3716425 said:
:lol: I did that already. It was fun looking at the combinations. Here are a few of them.

Ha, great minds think alike-and so do ours!

I really dig the black/purple/rose gold together.

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
I like that one too. I also like the white gold and rose gold combination. My least favorite would probably be the all white gold.

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I know it's been a while, but my ring is finally done. Now, I'm just waiting on the formal proposal to wear it! :) You guys helped me so much and I ended up going with inspiration totally different from my first inspiration. I decided to make this my main ring to wear due to all it's amazing detail, and I'll just have another for a stand-in for trips and work that I won't mind getting a little wear and tear. I fell in love with this ring the first moment I saw it because it had everything I wanted with contrast between metals and amazing detail. The inspiration ring is palladium and rose gold which I actually ended up loving. Once I really got a look at Palladium white gold, I felt like it was still a little to yellow for my tastes. I ended up going with the black spinel for the center stone with purple sapphires, purple diamonds, and black diamonds for accent stones. I am officially in love! I know a ring like this isn't everyone's taste, but it's so me! Well, I know I've been rambling on, so here are pics of the inspiration ring and the ring on the jewelers finger. Thank you all so much!

311343_156288191131479_1963713553_1.jpg

_24960.jpg

rp7.jpg

rp5.jpg

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Oh! I forgot to note that the ring was made by David Klass who I thought was awesome! He was great for putting up with my pickiness and for fixing things without question. Great customer service!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, finally another pricescoper with a high sitting stone/ring!
love the detail and the fact it is unusual.......of course, you knew i'd love it right?!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Love this! It's a huge, unique, beautiful statement ring. And I bet it'll be a ton of fun to wear. Looking forward to handshots after the proposal. :Up_to_something:

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
VirginiaZee said:
Love this! It's a huge, unique, beautiful statement ring.

VirginiaZee beat me to it, just what I was going to say! Love the contrasting colors. How do you like the euro shank?

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much Movie Zombie! I know a lot of people like lower settings, but I've always liked my rings to sit up taller. :)

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Lol…….VirginiaZee….I hope to have that proposal very soon! I love big and unique!

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Sparkleismyfavcolor……..I am in love with the contrasting colors! It's just what I imagined and I think it adds so much interest. I actually like the Euro shank very much…..it's just one more aspect that makes the ring unique. I'll be able to tell better once I've worn the ring for a while.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Very cool! It's definitely different but it looks super awesome. That black melee looks much better than how I imagined it would look. :appl: :appl: :appl:

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks distracts! I love the black melee too. It really helped be pull the look together.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The play of colours is fantastic; they work together and stand out in a good way. The ring design is also bold and goes well with the daring colours. Congrats on your fabulous e-ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the unique design and bold elegance of your ring. It has such unique details. Great design choices!!

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much Chrono! I'm so happy with the color choices and that I went with what I loved and not what was considered the "norm." I got just enough of the purple to make it stand out.

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks Acinom! This design really spoke to me when I saw it. I thought the engraving was a wonderful touch.

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

I know it's been ages, but I promised to show hand shots, so here they are! The waiting was torture, but as of last Sunday, I am officially engaged! :) Thanks for all your help and feedback. Sorry, that the pics are sideways. .....I can't get them to show upright......

20150901_182143.jpg

20150901_182158.jpg

20150901_182210.jpg

20150901_182235.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!! I wasn't yet on PS when you started this thread, but I love the unique design choices, and it looks great on you! Good job going with your gut/tastes even if it isn't conventional....I love rings like that. I've never seen a black spinel, but it's so lux looking! It's very similar to a black diamond (to my eye). I hope you love it and can get enjoyment from it every day!

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! I'm glad I went with my gut as well; I couldn't be happier about my choice. I can't stop staring at it.....lol

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplegirl|1441151006|3922370 said:
Thank you so much! I'm glad I went with my gut as well; I couldn't be happier about my choice. I can't stop staring at it.....lol

I wouldn't be able to stop staring either! So excited for you!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!! The black and purple are great together. Love the rose gold and the scrolls. GREAT job with pulling this together.
:appl: :appl: :appl:

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you! It was hard to get the colors together. Everyone I know thought I would go with a purple center stone because that's my favorite color, but I think having the black center stone with pops of purple is even better. :)

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! This is a beautiful and unique ring that fits your taste. I love how your ring turned out. :love: I would love to see your ring in person. Thanks for sharing.

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I couldn't have done it without great advice from the people her. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results