carat
color
clarity

help with ruby fluorescence

Cognition

Rough_Rock
Christmas is early this year, at least for me :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

One of my client just give me an extra bonus, and it is a ruby ring :love:
So, I was playing around with this gorgeous ruby around with my LWUV light, and I capture this weird white fluorescence with my camera.

Please ignore the pendant. It is a syn ruby I used as a reference of the color of ruby I love.

under a regular fluorescent light:

under LWUV:

under LVUV if I move my uv light closer:

What is that white fluorescence? is it only a reflection of the UV light? I can't get rid of this white fluorescence once if I move the uv light closer.

Note: the stone is GRS certed. That being said, I can't wait to submit this stone to AGL. I wonder which color grade it will get. Color wise, I prefer this stone over my 5.0 Richard Wise's color rating ruby.

_32286.jpg

_32287.jpg

_32288.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Yes, I think its the light getting too close to the ruby. The ruby's fluorescence looks perfect, as it should.

I just went to the my safe deposit box to check my rubies for fluorescence. I found one from Madagascar that did not Fluor at all and one that is not quite an opaque stone that did Fluor. The ruby I consider to be my good one was lost in the back of the box so did not test it.

I find this fun. Was the Richard Wise stone his own internal specs, or was it graded by a lab? It will be interesting to see the difference.

Annette

Cognition

Rough_Rock
interesting, the other dude from the gemology forum think it might be an indication of a thermic treatment. Can't wait to hear what others have to say.

it's richard own internal grade. I sent that ruby to AGL and I believe it got rating of 2.5/75 R70 Pk/P15 O15. I have to check it again

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
COOL I love Flu. Can't wait to see what you find out from the grading lab.

Cognition

Rough_Rock
Stone Hunter|1436931569|3902979 said:
COOL I love Flu. Can't wait to see what you find out from the grading lab.

I send the stone gubelin, I hope it will return with their pigeon blood tag. Apparently, I don't have any schedule of visiting NY til next year. So, it will took awhile until we know the result from AGL's color scan.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results