shape
carat
color
clarity

help with cuprian tourmaline

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't hurt to ask for a hand shot. Heat treatment is a given. Clarity enhancement should always be disclosed but many vendors either do not or are simply unaware that this is becoming more common. Clarity enhancement DOES affect its value.

ETA
Clarity enhancement is detectable and AGL has caught several of these already.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... double post, sorry.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppyguts|1418196076|3798769 said:
Leons email was very brief :

"10 x 8 mm
Not certified.
Treatment in Paraiba cannot be tested. This is not a sapphire. Nobody in the world can guarantee that Paraiba was not heated. If they do, they lie.
Please see below"

I personally like the colour, I was expecting it to be heated as all of the Paraiba I have seen are

I don't really wasn't to bug them too much, they are probably used to people spending a lot more money than I will be - I don't want to be annoying. Should I ask for a hand shot??

Absolutely wrong. Heat treatment cannot be detected, confirmed, but clarity enhancement can be, and has been noted on several reputable lab reports. He's either unaware of clarity enhancement in paraiba, or he's assuming you're only asking about heat treatment.

I know a PS'er that returned a paraiba, after much searching, after AGL confirmed it was clarity enhanced. Ask him specifically about clarity enhancement.

It's your money and you should "bug" them about it. Your money is just as good as anyone else's, and if you feel you're "bothering" them, I wouldn't want to deal with a vendor like that.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask him specifically about clarity enhancement.
Heating can be assumed as a given.

It never hurts to ask about handshots. Tell him you are seriously interested.
To my eye it's a really nice looking stone.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
puppyguts said:
Leons email was very brief :

"10 x 8 mm
Not certified.
Treatment in Paraiba cannot be tested. This is not a sapphire. Nobody in the world can guarantee that Paraiba was not heated. If they do, they lie.
Please see below"

I personally like the colour, I was expecting it to be heated as all of the Paraiba I have seen are

I don't really wasn't to bug them too much, they are probably used to people spending a lot more money than I will be - I don't want to be annoying. Should I ask for a hand shot??

I agree with the others, assume heat. I know how you feel about not wanting to bug them - I still struggle with this but do it anyway, LOl! It may feel like you are bugging them, but you have to be comfortable, and it may save you a lot of leg work in the long run. As long as you tell them you are seriously considering it and aren't rude or demanding :D I'm sure they are used to questions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results