shape
carat
color
clarity

help to find two stones, pink/purple, and blue/green aqua

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I'm looking for two stones. I have a great jeweler in town, he's got my original e-ring, simple gold setting, (was in two parts, e-ring and w-ring, soldered together now), with a 7.5 mm round claw setting. I've always loved the sea, so I wanted to have the ocean with me by having an aquamarine. But, I want something not thinly blue, know what I mean? I would love a true sea green/blue color. Where can I find one? And, I have another ring in mind, with a pave diamond setting, and I need an oval rhodolite or spinel, or a tourmaline, something raspberry pink color. I'm a colored stone type of girl. I have sapphires and diamonds in my wedding set, in white gold. I prefer white gold or silver to yellow gold. don't know why. Anyhow! if you can suggest some places to look. I've looked at all the sites I can find mentioned: Dan Stair, Swala, Faceters.com had this gorgeous aqua rough posted, really whet my whistle..I might email that guy to see what he can find for me. Does anyone know this vendor? If you have any stones these colors, post your rings...whathaveyou, I'd love to see them....I have a spinel, gotta go shopping right now, but I'll take a pic and post it later...thanks lovey!!

http://www.faceters.com/rough/beryl/aquamarine.shtml

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: help to find two stones, pink/purple, and blue/green aq

There's sea blue green tourmaline too, so check out that material. I think Jeff White carries some, as well as Gene (precisiongem.com).

Do a search under "green beryl" as well since that can turn up some sea green stones, as aqua tends to be more blue from most sellers.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

sapphirecats|1306170669|2928342 said:
I might email that guy to see what he can find for me. Does anyone know this vendor?

http://www.faceters.com/rough/beryl/aquamarine.shtml

The vendor in your link passed away a few years ago and his site was left up by his heirs. He did have some great material but I don't think that anyone responds to inquiries to his site.

MontageCreations

Rough_Rock
Trade

Re: what Michael E said,

the link is to Jeff Graham's site, he passed in 2008, his family still maintains the site, but only to provide information as a lot of people used his site as a reference for cutting info, etc.

The green/blue variety of aqua is available and generally less expensive than the "pure blue" variety. Forum rules forbid me from making any recommendations.

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock

hi, thanks for the replies. Pity, didn't know that person had passed away, sad to hear that. He did have beautiful rough up there, I was hoping I had found the "holy grail" of sea green beryl. I'll have a look around and google "green beryl". thanks. if any one has pics of rings they have I'd love to see them..... :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sapphirecats|1306243960|2929041 said:
hi, thanks for the replies. Pity, didn't know that person had passed away, sad to hear that. He did have beautiful rough up there, I was hoping I had found the "holy grail" of sea green beryl. I'll have a look around and google "green beryl". thanks. if any one has pics of rings they have I'd love to see them..... :appl:

This is my 4.5 carat precision cut mint green beryl.

TLmintgreenberyl2.JPG

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock

oohhh...that's pretty! Nice minty color, nice. I'm still hunting one down..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results