shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed for make this ring

Claustro

Rough_Rock
Hi all.
I would like to present a ring to my wife for our 20th anniversary from when first we met.
I found a ring I like a lot on ebay , but I don't know much from the seller and the picture isn't the one of the ring I'd receive but a generic one. this is the auction
http://tinyurl.com/ln6nxd4
I sent an email to seller , is answered fast and admitted the gem is heat treated.
Also in my town leave one of the best ring maker and mounter of Italy so an option could be buy the gem and let him do the ring.
My budget is about 3000 euro.
Can someone suggest me witch kind of gem should I am for? minimum dimension for a pleasant result?
http://tinyurl.com/njc7my6 this is a gems could be ok? too small or too clear?
I really need some input.
thx a lot
Andrea

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for a 3 stone ring?
It has to be a blue sapphire center? What mm size? Sounds like you prefer an untreated stone?
The second sapphire you linked to is a nice colour but has a dark band going across the middle that would bother me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would not have a cushion cut centre stone with two straight baguette cut sides set with the long edge against the centre stone, as I prefer to stick with curves with curves for a 3-stone ring, if you know what I mean.

I would prefer round side stones, or pears, or tapered baguettes instead (most likely to be pears).

Jeff Davies is a recommended vendor for CS and I am a fan of his site, too much for my own good!

DK :))

Claustro

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your answer.
I would like a ring almost identical to the one on first link , so blue sapphire in the center Emerald or baguette cut with 2 baguette cut diamond on the side, white gold.
Regarding the dimensions this is one of my concern , I think a pleasant ring could be a minimum of 6x4 mm but I could be wrong.
I don't have preferences by defoult regarding treated/ not treated stone , cos I never saw the differences, so suggestion is real well accepted:)
I am totally new in this field and I am quite overwhelmed by a very huge amount of links/ shops/ infos:) :wall:
I like very " geometrical clean and modern ring " the last one I give to my wife was " designed " by me :) If I'll be able to steal it from her I'll post a photo here I am curious about what a group of expert think about it -)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The centre stone in the ring listed in the first pic is said to be 7mm x 5mm, and I am guessing the side stones are 4mm x 2mm based on the pics alone.

Claustro

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for all your help.
I really need a sapphire :)
Buy the used one you indicated to me could be a possible but changing the centra stone could be difficult for me 'cos it will need a big one that maybe cost too much.

If I undestand correctly buying the original ring in my forst post will be only a metter of luck , cos' it is impossible form this hoto understand if it is a ring that worth 2000 euro, am I right?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I do not like the colour of the Sapphire in the eBay ring of the original post, as it looks too dark to me.

I prefer lighter colour stones, like the one Chrono posted.

Also, it looks rather dull to me, cut wise.

All personal preferences, of course.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results