shape
carat
color
clarity

Help need for pink centre stone RHR

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
Thanks in advance for your input/suggestions. I'm looking at the follow setting for a RHR with a pale pink centre.

The jeweler is offering a pink cz (FOC) so complete ring about $1200. This is 14KT WG Size 6. Side Diamonds: 0.33ct total weight; G-H color; SI1 clarity. Centre RB must be 0.75ct to fit this setting.

1. Do you like this setting? I really like the profile too. I haven't found many other similar settings at this price point?????? Do you know of any others to compare?
2. Is 14KT OK? Is it the same as far as getting re-plated later?
3. Which gemstone should I ask for as my centre stone 0.75 ct RB - morganite, touramaline etc as jeweller will set whatever I want. My aim is it to look like a pale pink diamond without the high price tag. I feel pink sapphires are still too high in cost. What do you suggest?
4. Not sure if it is possible or cost effective - would you extend the diamonds on the band further around ie. to the 5 and 7 o'clock position to have more bling?
5. Again not sure if it is possible or worth the extra cost - would you ask to have diamonds on band made on three sides to add more bling? This ring will be worn on its own so rubbing wouldn't be an issue. It would be an everyday ring however I would like to wear it as a RHR and alternate it with another I wear (sadly my collection is very small......I'm very jealous of many Pricescopers lovely collections).

Thanks for your help.

art_demo_jpoliseno_2_0.jpg

art_demo_jpoliseno_1_1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've chosen the harder path - getting the right setting is dime a dozen, getting the right coloured stone isn't.
I take it you are looking for a round stone? What mm size do you need? 0.75 ct in a diamond is around 6 mm?
What hue of pink are you looking for? A hot pink, orangish pink or bluish pink?
Must it be untreated or heated is fine?
What is your budget?
What is the time frame you are looking at?

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
Thanks Chromo for your speedy reply.

Good point about the wrong way around in creating a ring. As this setting caught my eye, this time it will be harder. Lots of jeweler seem to only set stones they sell so I thought this would work.

I think the centre says 5.8mm 0.75ct and yes RB.

As far a hue - just pale pastel soft pink but enough colour to notice it is pink. Not brownish, purplish I think I'm describing baby girl pink or fairy floss. Sorry for the non jeweler terms.

Not really sure of heated or unheated as but I think I should go a gemstone than a totally fake stone yes/no. I'm not really wanting to pretend it is pink diamond but look like it without the price tag. Happy to tell people it is "x" when they ask is it a pink diamond as long as it looks like one but happy for them to think its a pink diamond unless they ask. Hope this makes sense. Lots of other pink gemstones are beautiful themselves so I was interested in them rather than a man made stone. Do you agree?

I have read lots of gem stones look better in large sizes but I only want it to be small so it could actually look like a pink diamond.

I'm not really in a hurry and my budget is around this price. Is it realistic? I have seen gems online quite reasonably priced and wouldn't push price up much from the included pink cz. Rather than buying my own centre stone I really just need to decide what I want and the jeweler can source and set it.

Hope you can tell me what stone I should use and comment on my other design issues. Thanks very much.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No stone can emulate a pink diamond or any coloured diamond other than synthetic diamond. No matter how pale pink you get, the sapphire will never throw rainbow coloured sparkle like a pink FCD. It'll just look pale pink and the sparkle will be pale pink. $1200 is for the entire ring, so what is your budget for the stone alone?

Is this too dark?
http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_pink.html

sapphire_pink_449_a.jpg

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
I totally understand you can't get a pink diamond look without it being a real pink diamond. What do you suggest for the closest to it just as you say pink tone.

My price for the stone I'm not sure. I have seen fake stones for $240 so I would like a gemstone equivalent or slightly higher so most the purchase price is actually the setting - very different to when I bought a white diamond and had a jeweler set it.

Thank you so much - yes I love the colour of that sapphire....maybe it would be a better choice. This site describes the colour from pantone card not the online. This would be a good guide. Would I find one for the price and in 0.75ct? Not sure what the jeweler is actually charging for centre stone - just fact finished ring with thrown in pink cz would be $1200 and I don't think cz are very expensive. I just want the whole ring for about $1200.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a few round pink spinels for $150 to $300 but they are too large at 7 mm.

For that website, the hand shot is generally more accurate than the glamour shot, which is why I posted the hand shot. The sapphire posted fits your 6 mm size requirement. Remember that diamonds and coloured stones of the same carat weight do not have the same measurement. A sapphire is denser so a 0.75 ct sapphire will measure around 5.5 mm thereabouts whereas a 0.75 ct diamond should measure close to 6 mm. A pink cz is essentially pennies so the price you are paying is almost exclusively for the setting only.

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
Chromo - thx for all your help. Understand and I think I will ask for a quote with a pale pink sapphire in the size that will suit the setting. Thanks for explaining different gemstones have different weights/mm etc.

Can you and others comment on the setting itself? Do you think it will suit the pink stone? See my questions at the beginning - what are your thoughts on extra stones etc?

Thank you very much

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone

I just found another setting which I like.

Do you have any comments or suggestions? Which is your preference? This one is about $700 more expensive but I am thinking it is a better RHR?

Help? Please. I think I will go pink sapphire now too. What do you think?

art_deco_setting_2.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I don't usually recommend colored gems (other than FCDs), so someone with more expertise can chime in about their thoughts on this spinel from Gemrite- but the size aprox 5.9mm round and price $85.00 seemed like a pretty good fit. Also spinels are pretty sparkly which I thought you'd like,too. About the setting- which one speaks to you? I personally like the first one better, but I wouldn't be the one wearing it- you need to get the setting that you love.

pinkspinelrd079_1024x1024.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I would pick out a pink stone that you like and then send pictures to LOGR and have them quote you for a custom ring. It will probably run you closer to 1k (i'm actually thinking $900), and that way the ring will fit whatever size stone you get.

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
Thank you - I love your maltese........I have one too. Her name is Clementine but I have her hair cut short. I think you are the pink lady I have read about.......you love pink too.

I love the $85 stone. Will it be better than their pink sapphire of similar size? I think this spiel is perfect. Will it be pink in daylight and not on the black background in their photo.

I do like the first setting better too. I just like the second one too but am more keen on the first.

Thanks again for your help.
Fi

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
Thanks Sarahbear - can you let me know who you are meaning to contact.....sorry so new I don't know all the acronyms. Sounds good. Do you like the spiel suggested? What about the first design?

Thank you for you help again.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
LOGR is lord of the gem rings. they sell on ebay. have a big range of settings some with stones in them already and i believe they do custom work. they can work out much cheaper but i have heard its worth upgrading the mele diamonds in the setting to nicer ones.

i love the second setting you just posted and pinkjewels spinel :)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Richo55555|1369830018|3455607 said:
Thank you - I love your maltese........I have one too. Her name is Clementine but I have her hair cut short. I think you are the pink lady I have read about.......you love pink too.

I love the $85 stone. Will it be better than their pink sapphire of similar size? I think this spiel is perfect. Will it be pink in daylight and not on the black background in their photo.

I do like the first setting better too. I just like the second one too but am more keen on the first.

Thanks again for your help.

Fi

Thanks- my maltese is such a little spoiled "baby"-haha. And,yes-I do love pink!!

I am hoping someone else will chime in about the Gemrite spinel. I would email them and see if you could get some hand photos.I believe the black background makes the gem look more pink than IRL, but since you wanted a blush or baby pink I thought the soft color might work well for your project.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer to see a picture of the spinel on a neutral coloured background and also find out what colour it shifts to indoors. Spinels are generally less expensive. As mentioned earlier, I found larger pink spinels for $150 so you are looking at around $100 for a 6 mm pale pink spinel. As for settings, Lanbo is another good option. Their melee diamonds are good enough that you don't need to pay to upgrade them, unlike LOGR.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1369825591|3455574 said:
I don't usually recommend colored gems (other than FCDs), so someone with more expertise can chime in about their thoughts on this spinel from Gemrite- but the size aprox 5.9mm round and price $85.00 seemed like a pretty good fit. Also spinels are pretty sparkly which I thought you'd like,too. About the setting- which one speaks to you? I personally like the first one better, but I wouldn't be the one wearing it- you need to get the setting that you love.

The vendor has an excellent return policy. I would ask how much grey tone the spinel has and avoid any that has any grey.

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your help - lots to think about. I really appreciate your help

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results