shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Find a Setting For My Montana Sapphire!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1375741711|3497189 said:
Congratulations -- I'm glad you found a setting you're happy with! I really like that...ahem, blue diamond of yours

The funny thing is (to me anyway) that to me it looks nothing like a blue diamond at all. It's sparkly, but not that much, and the color is a lot more mellow. Made me laugh anyway :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I bet they were just as stunned when you told them it is a Montana sapphire, as in, "Huh?" 99.9% of people must have no idea there is such a thing. :-o

--- Laurie

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
So my bargain basement ring is here :) Yay! Not a halo, but there is some framing for the stone and I like that a lot. Will put aside a piggy bank for an ideal setting sometime in the next five years or so. Though I also want some other stones/rings, and may just swap them out based on how I feel each day *grin*

Also, my camera is broken, and the colors are off on my cell phone (seriously, looking at the screen on the cell phone, it looks exactly true to life, but when I send the pics to the computer, they seem so non saturated, and off. It's driving me nuts), so this is the best I have:

myring1.jpg
myring2_0.jpg

The shifts in personality are a lot more dramatic in the setting than they were out of it - in a really cool way. I remember someone posting a phenomenally cool grey/silvery spinel on here a while back, and that's kind of how it looks in certain indoor light, only darker. In soft natural life it is so sparkly green, I can't get over it :) I can't stop looking at it. Not totally in love with everything about the setting, but given the price and the fact that I can upgrade later on (never really thought about that before reading this forum, haha!), feel like I done good!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you sure did done good! :D It's gorgeous -- shows off the sapphire beautifully & lets it be in the limelight, just what a setting should do. I think it looks a lot more luxurious than "bargain basement!" Super job. I bet your horses are impressed too!

--- Laurie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nicely done.......and I think better looking without a halo. congrats!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ring is gorgeous. It complements your Montana (which, btw, I am in love with) really well. I like that it has some substance to it while remaining delicate. Sometimes those unexpected solutions that we wouldn't have designed or angled for wind up being the best. Who knows, you might fall in love with it! And if you end up replacing it, you didn't break the bank. Congratulations!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I need to get my camera rolling and laptop fixed so I can put up better pics. The ring really is quite detailed :) I definitely need to take it back to see if they can size it down though. It's not staying stable on my finger. The sizer thing they put on me felt very snug but this is wobbling around a little bit. Don't want to go too far though, my fingers get fatter when I'm riding frequently and I'm hoping to get back to that soon (though this won't be going anywhere near the beast, he will try to eat it.)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love it! The end result is absolutely stunning! What kind of wedding band do you want?

And can we please have more pics?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Something small and plain! Possibly knife-edge in design to "go" with the ring, otherwise a plain flat 2mm band with milgrain edges.

Will work on more pics, have to figure out how to upload them (my laptop is broken, thank you toddler, and can't bring memory devices to work really)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That looks great! Can you add close ups?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the stone. At first I didn't even realize you had already gotten the setting back, because I didn't see page 2 of the thread. Lovely! Wear it in good health!

Deb
:wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, more pictures please. I'd love to see the details on the ring and I think the Montana looks great in it. Not too overdone and not too delicate.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I will do my best for more pictures :) It might have to wait till I get up to my mom's house and can use her good camera this weekend. My sister is getting married, my brother just got engaged (with a LOVELY antique reproduction ring with vintage OEC diamond, good boy!), so there's a lot of bling going around!

I also just discovered that under the horrific LED lights in our work bathrooms, the stone goes grass green.

(and I cannot, cannot WAIT to get started on my garnet collection now. PS has totally ruined me.)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
deskjockey said:
and I cannot, cannot WAIT to get started on my garnet collection now. PS has totally ruined me.

It's done that to all of us, happily going down the tubes. :lol:

--- Laurie

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful beautiful sapphire and great setting to go with it!!!! That color is absolutely perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results