shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find 3-3.5mm stones!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I realised I really like the look of a seven stone band or half eternity with my ER - in the size of 3-3.5diameter.

not channel set bands though, but minimal metal styles to suit my ER. i need help finding pave bands or tiny stones that I can set on my own, and I don't want to spend too much on them (can I get away with less than a hundred a band?)

help please! I'm thinking of purple (in a rose de France type) or a dark green. they don't need to be terribly durable, but of course it would be a plus if I were so lucky to get sapphires.

it's been tough finding ready made bands, and also finding stones that size, so TIA!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sonya,
Given the size, perhaps it might be easier and more cost effective to find a ready-made band? Certain colours will certainly be a challenge and a 7 stone is definitely out but I think a half eternity sapphire is realistic, depending on your budget. Etsy might have something you like.

estelle

Rough_Rock
marymm|1393900360|3626947 said:
Not sure if they are what you have in mind, but I saw a pretty 3mm pair of Tsav garnets on Litnon - really looked well-matched - http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=9950 - of course you'd need to find 5 more stones...

Linton keeps putting up new listings for those small tsavs when one sells (take a look at their reserved/sold folder). I bet if asked, Michael could come up with enough for the band. :)

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Chrono said:
Sonya,
Given the size, perhaps it might be easier and more cost effective to find a ready-made band? Certain colours will certainly be a challenge and a 7 stone is definitely out but I think a half eternity sapphire is realistic, depending on your budget. Etsy might have something you like.

Chrono, this is what I figured. but I've recently really fallen in love/infatuation with the pale lavenders of rose de france, and I don't see them in stacking bands. the amethyst ones are just too dark and too intensely purple to wear well on my skin, or to match my ER. have you seen any light purple ones?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
There seem to be a lot of these to choose from, surely 7 would be closely matched for a ring?

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?892044488

ETA: They're a little smaller than you were looking for, but depending on the setting the band width would be 3mm-ish?

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
you guys, you are so lovely!

I completely forgot multicolour had sets of calibrated stones!!!! :angryfire:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I know of an Ebay store that sells lots of calibrated small stones. The stock varies. I've purchased lots of small stones from them and been happy.

ncestones

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
innerkitten said:
I know of an Ebay store that sells lots of calibrated small stones. The stock varies. I've purchased lots of small stones from them and been happy.

ncestones

thank you innerkitten! I'm keeping them on my watch list. they have beautiful scapolite in the size and colour I want (and the price), but it is so undurable i cannot consider it for my WB, sigh. such a pity!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results