shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice in most/all lighting? Your girlfriend likes the color? Shape seem nice for her hand?

It depends on the appraisal. As it won't confirm treatment and the individual doing it msy or may not be informed in spinel.

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
We like it. We're going to keep it.

David klaus is a little hard to get ahold of.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darwin503|1465348158|4041442 said:
We like it. We're going to keep it.

David klaus is a little hard to get ahold of.
That's great you're going to keep it! Not great he's been difficult to get a hold of. He's been in Las Vegas the last few days I know that give it a little bit, call him one more time, if you still don't get in touch with him well try another option.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats wonderful that you've found *the* stone, congratulations!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://idjewelry.com/
at the bottom of the screen there is a box that will either allow you to chat or email them.

i would use the very last picture i sent, the one with the blue stone, and ask them if they could do it for 1k. you are aiming for at least 20 point sides each, and you want I color "pricescope quality" diamonds. see if they can do it

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to barge in at the last moment, but I did want to comment that the stone will darken up a bit once set. Will you be OK with that considering that it's already darker than you anticipated?

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Already past the return date.

Here is what klass quoted me. "I can make it in solid 14k white gold with a pair of .15ct each natural G color, VS quality round brilliant diamonds for $1000. The price includes setting your center stone. "

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darwin503|1465599028|4042805 said:
Already past the return date.

Here is what klass quoted me. "I can make it in solid 14k white gold with a pair of .15ct each natural G color, VS quality round brilliant diamonds for $1000. The price includes setting your center stone. "

Awesome

Take a look at his work (Im showing the most recent work, and look back) and if you like the quality I think this is a great option.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-david-klass-bling.196654/page-16']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-david-klass-bling.196654/page-16[/URL]

Hell send you cads , I strongly suggest you share the cads so we can tweak it. Below is a link to a few of the rings he did and how they transformed over many as revisions. Revisions are important.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/detail-orientated-psers-welcome-cads.213379/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/detail-orientated-psers-welcome-cads.213379/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cartier-inspired-cuprian-ring.217064/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cartier-inspired-cuprian-ring.217064/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-input-on-cads-please.217813/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-input-on-cads-please.217813/[/URL]

Anyways, these are to demonstrate the need for changes to his original cads and the need for outside input when you work for him.

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Here is an email from David. We are liking the second one. Any thoughts?

Here are some possible structural designs for your ring design. The first I made the area under the stones solid, the second I opened the gallery with some shapes. The prongs are long and open to start with. Once the ring is cast the setter will carve the metal and shape the prongs around the stones. Let me know if I have started in the right direction and any changes you might want to see? Let me know what look you would like under the three main stones. Thanks David

_4189.jpeg

_4190.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm really liking the route you went with the prongs. Gave it a very vintage vibe and makes the side stones seem an appropriate size. So that's awesome!

I like the first one, I think the spaces under the prongs seem so small they might be unnecessary. Let me take a few minutes to look at it, I may have other options

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd ask him to cut the prongs around the round down to 6 from 8.

Instead of the curly bits under the the prongs I would see if he could make the prongs a bit wirey like the ones below, almost like they are Ws that touch a line along the bottom of the basket. Now that's a bit hard to imagine but you can see what o mean based on this photo

picsart_06-14-08.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have him also lower the center stone just a little, raise the side stones so the girdles are about at the same level, and have ever so slightly less of an angle to the diamonds. If the cathedral goes up too high , you can put a gap in there.

photogrid_1465952848186.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the top view! 6 prongs on the sides would also be interesting, and maybe a little less... prongy (is that a word?)

From the sides, both designs feel a little bulky. The more wirey look of Niels first example feels much lighter and more ornate. Have you seen other rings whose profiles caught your eye? If the enclosed base is appealing, maybe something a bit more delicate than just drilling a shape would work, something like this:

http://www.annasheffield.com/products/hazeline-three-stone-ring-black-diamond

Or if its some other motif at the base of the basket, maybe have it flow over onto the shank, to make it all flow together? Sorry, don't have a good illustration of that on hand..

One more thought.. In the Right views, it kind of feels like the side stones bulge out a bit. What if the shank flared in width ever so slightly to help lead into the side stones? The current design looks a bit abrupt. OTOH, a gap might also solve that, like in Niels second example photo.

Are you having fun with this, or is the myriad of design possibilities overwhelming?

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Definitely overwhelming. I can't follow most of what's being said.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, don't get stressed out I promise you're are almost done you've got the hard part done already. Let's do it this way. Do you like the side pictures of the prongs where they look like Ws (the last two photos I showed have these types of prongs )more than the way you're prongs look right now?

And, do you like how the side diamonds are below and angled away from the he oval or the other examples where all the stones are basically at the same level?

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
We like the "w" prongs and the side stones lower than the center. We don't really have an example picture of lowered sides compared to the one of flush stones you posted. We are just using the graphic to judge.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so to make this easy, as know getting deep into the lingo can get a bit much.

Save those pictures with the Ws and send those to him and and "I'd like the prongs to look more wirey like these ones, more like Ws with the gaps underneath"- or something like that.
Then tell him you want 6 prongs on the rounds, not 8. If you like the rounds being lower than the oval, then we won't change those.

Just the 6 prongs and the W prongs.

This is up to you, I think the rounds need to be a little less at an angle. If you don't agree, don't mention it.

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Here is the update. What do you think? We are thinking it's getting pretty close.

_4251.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving this new iteration. The only thing I would do is see if he can't move the side prongs on the oval every so slightly closer to the north end south center prongs. Closer to how they where in the first cad. However, ask him if that will negatively impact the way the prong Ws are looking becuase I'm loving those. Make sure he's going to be making them thin pointy prongs

Others might say it looks a tad low set, but being a colored stone I think low set is nice you're protecting the stone. If you want to be able to see the point of the center stone through the side of the prongs, have him raise it .2mm or something minute.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news?

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Just sent pics of the wax molding. Will add more in next post.

_4449.jpeg

_4450.jpeg

_4451.jpeg

_4452.jpeg

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
What do you think?

_4457.jpeg

_4458.jpeg

_4459.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I really really love it. More importantly what are you thinking.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting. Although I don't have the expert eye that many here do, I think it's going to be beautiful and can't wait to see the finished product!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this more open version. Niel keeps on outdoing herself each time with CAD tweaks. :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh I love this version as well! I think it looks great (but admittedly I'm not good at "reading" these things). But I trust Chrono and Neil 100%, so if they think it looks great, then I'll trust my gut that it does!

PS Neil knocked it out of the park with her edits as usual!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any updates??

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Here are the final pics. Arrives Monday. Excited to see it in person.

_4807.jpeg

_4808.jpeg

_4809.jpeg

_4810.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoooooot!

That's stunning! Do you like the photos??

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
We love the pics. Can't wait to see it in person. How do you pronounce mahenge spinel btw?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results