shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Identifying Stone

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I picked up this ring many many years ago, and I recently found it again. I don't wear yellow gold at all anymore, so that's probably why it got misplaced from the rest of my jewelry. It's sterling silver with gold bezel, but I can't identify the center stone, and I'm hoping you all can help me!

Anyone got an idea what this might be? The picture accurately reflects it's color and clarity in person.

unknownstone.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Aquamarine ?? Glass?? Chalcedon??

Difficult to say....

Opal and Prehnite would be unusual but maybe??

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so many possibilities. Like Marlow, I think the usual suspects are aquamarine and prehnite.

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for posting your thoughts, Marlow and Chrono! I hadn't considered prehnite or chalcedony...either one seems like they are possible.

I thought there was a chance it was aquamarine, but obviously wasn't sure. Guess it isn't time to rule it out! :cheeky:

Thanks again for taking the time to look - you all are so nice here!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks very very very much like an Aqua. I think Prehnite would be more green/yellow. It could be chalcedony but it looks much more like an Aqua.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1431598289|3876529 said:
That looks very very very much like an Aqua. I think Prehnite would be more green/yellow. It could be chalcedony but it looks much more like an Aqua.

Yes, normally Prehnite is yellowgreen - but I have seen some with a pure green or bluish green... but rare.

I think it is milky aquamarine...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, most likely to be aquamarine. The chalcedony I've seen tends to be milkier/opaque and blue green prehnite is uncommon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results