shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for a total newbie.. new to engagement rings/gemstones!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Help for a total newbie.. new to engagement rings/gemsto

BTW - does anyone know how insurance for the sapphire would be handled if the stone is purchased from Master Cut Gems and then sent to Pearlman's to be mounted in their setting?
I know there is often talk about this in regards to diamonds over in Rocky Talk, but I can't remember how a person would go about insuring the loose stone sent from a different vendor against loss or accidental damage during this whole process. If the stone is purchased from the same vendor as the setting, is it correct that this type of insurance is not needed?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sabrushi - I see the gorgeous sapphire you were considering putting a offer in from Master Cut Gems has been sold since last night. Were you able to purchase it, or did someone else beat you to it?

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock

2Neezers|1416068405|3784135 said:
Sabrushi - I see the gorgeous sapphire you were considering putting a offer in from Master Cut Gems has been sold since last night. Were you able to purchase it, or did someone else beat you to it?

YESSSS! :bigsmile:

I made my offer, and Dana was very generous, and made me an even better offer.. :dance:

Although I'm still awaiting for confirmation regarding the setting dimensions (I'm sure there shouldn't be any troubles, but still!), I'm getting that sapphire. It's exactly what I was looking for; 2.60ct, with a nice vivid blue, and very eye clean! :naughty:

I still need that setting to work out to finally say that I have my ring.. but 80% of the ring is done! hahaa.. I know most of you recommended this sapphire.. so a huggggggee thanks for that! :D

I'll keep you posted about this!!

_24231.jpg

sapphiree.jpg

sapphireee.jpg

_24232.jpg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Fantastic news!
When I saw that sapphire had sold, I was worried someone else had seen it recommended here by so many and had bought it.
So glad to hear it's yours, it looks amazing :)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

Sabrushi|1416106869|3784466 said:
2Neezers|1416068405|3784135 said:

YESSSS! :bigsmile:

I made my offer, and Dana was very generous, and made me an even better offer.. :dance:

Although I'm still awaiting for confirmation regarding the setting dimensions (I'm sure there shouldn't be any troubles, but still!), I'm getting that sapphire. It's exactly what I was looking for; 2.60ct, with a nice vivid blue, and very eye clean! :naughty:

I still need that setting to work out to finally say that I have my ring.. but 80% of the ring is done! hahaa.. I know most of you recommended this sapphire.. so a huggggggee thanks for that! :D

I'll keep you posted about this!!

Yessssss, awesome news.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's great news! This is such a beautiful and vivid stone :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome news! Now on to the setting. Hopefully you get just as good of news on that front!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my! Congrats on being able to work to an agreed price with Dana on that sapphire. Looking forward to seeing it all set in your ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results