shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jbuckshire

Rough_Rock
I have used this website to help me in the past but this is the first time posting. I am looking for a gem to use in a pendant. I am trying to find something that would be as close in color as possible to the old Baskin Robbins Daiquiri Ice, not the new line color. Any suggestions?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 1:55:21 PM
Author:jbuckshire
I have used this website to help me in the past but this is the first time posting. I am looking for a gem to use in a pendant. I am trying to find something that would be as close in color as possible to the old Baskin Robbins Daiquiri Ice, not the new line color. Any suggestions?
No idea what that colour is!!! Do you have a picture of the colour you''re looking for?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Maybe Persian Turquoise or Swiss Blue Topaz would fit the bill.

Art Nouveau''s turquoise ring
turquoise2ring_s.jpg

Topaz from AJS

blue-topaz_TZB-00170-l.jpg

jbuckshire

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the respones. I think that I like the look of the topaz. What about aquamarine? or no

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo that''s a really pretty color! I thought turquoise when I first saw it..tourmaline maybe?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I want to eat that ice cream!!!! Do you want a transparent or transluscent gem? If transluscent how about Hemimorphite?

http://www.multicolour.com/gallery/?/gallery/single/hemimorphite/

Aquamarine will tend to be more grey/silver coloured than I think you want but you might be lucky and find one in that colour (but expect to part with lots of money if you do)!!!

Other gemstones you could consider are Zircon, Chrysoprase, Apatite (perhaps darker than you want), Beryl (perhaps too pale).

jbuckshire

Rough_Rock
This is going to be a really stupid question but what is the difference between transparent or transluscent gem?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any stone that is that color naturally, without intense or non-permanent treatment, will be pricey and difficult to come by. Most turquoise is dyed or reconstituted and/or turns greenish over time. A piece like Art Nouveau's turquoise is probably all natural and very rare. In a tranpsarent stone, you might find an irradiated or coated topaz in that color. Most aquas are not anywhere near that vivid in color. There are tourmalines that color, but they are very expensive and difficult to come by.

I'm not sure how much treatment plays a part in your search, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Why can't all gems be the color of ice cream? LOL!! Those food dyes are pretty vivid.

jbuckshire

Rough_Rock
I guess if all gems could be that vivid then they would just be colored glass and have no value. I am more concerned with the color but also wants to get something nice, but not too expensive, it is a wedding present, have a honeymoon that I have to pay for. I guess that I was thinking transparent that just seems more "of a gem" to me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Larimar is a pretty, but opaque gem, that has a light powder blue color. Not sure if that''s another option.

The problem with most blue/green stones in nature is that they''re rarely a vivid blue and/or green, meaning they have a grey cast to them which makes them not look quite the pure color of that yummy ice cream. If you are willing to accept a slight grey cast, which most people don''t notice, then you can get an aqua or a nice blue/green tourmaline (acstones.com is a good source), or if you''re really on a budget, a coated or irradiated topaz in that color. Getting a stone that exact color may prove to be too much of a challenge.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Apatite is a great pendant stone (which comes in shades very close to what you need) since it''s lesser durability makes it more affordable, but it''s still durable enough to be used in things like pendants, brooches or earrings (where there''s less risk of an impact). That''s probably your best bet if you''d like something non-coated or overly treated, vivid and not expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results