shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a pair of budget blues?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 3 stone ring for which I am seeking a pair of 5.5 - 6mm round blue faceted (vs cab) stones. I am flexible on stone type (sapphire, spinel ... so long as they are relatively durable vs softer stones). I am open to various ranges of blues, but ideally like something close to one of the pictures below once set. A little lighter/darker is fine, or a little more blueish gray or very slightly purplish-blue (but not too purple) ... so long as it doesn't black out when set.

The setting is an antique vintage platinum filigree style ring, if that helps. It has an OEC center so something with a similar cut/taller crown would be great but it is not an absolute requirement.

I have more than blown my jewelry budget for the year, so I am not looking to spend a lot on these at this time ... Ideally <$500 for the pair, if that is even possible. If not, it will wait until next year as I am not in a rush. I know this will be a stretch and require flexibility on my wish list, so I am okay with any permanent treatment that does not pose risk to the structural, long-term integrity of the stones.

Does anyone know of or have anything that might fit the bill? Or if you happen to see something somewhere, might you link it here please?

As always, thanks much for your help & expertise!

_19467.jpg

_19468.jpg

_19469.jpg

_19470.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Jeff Davies, he seems to have a good supply of matching pairs of round sapphires in various sizes.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1403610566|3699918 said:
Try Jeff Davies, he seems to have a good supply of matching pairs of round sapphires in various sizes.

+1. Especially lately he has been posting small pairs.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Hehe. I just bought that spinel, 2nd pic down.

I saw some cheap pairs on jeff davies website not long ago I think

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did look at Jeff's Pinterest but all the blue pairs are a smidge too small. Unfortunately, I really need them to be as close to but not larger than 6mm.

I found one respected Etsy seller with a pair of spinels that may work ... Just trying to cover all the bases and figured I would check with the wonderful gemstone gurus here for recommendations or in the off chance someone has a pair sitting in their collection unloved & in need of a new home or has seen a pair that may work.

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
You might try Jessi Clark-White out in Oregon (she has a Facebook page) - think her business is Distinction Jewelry

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked around but all the pairs within budget are either too dark or too small.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for looking Chrono! I appreciate that.

A PSer has a pair of nice looking blue zircons for sale at the right size (and great price for my budget!). I have read several threads on here about them and know they would need to be somewhat "delicately" cared for when worn to avoid the facet abrasions, which I think is easy enough with the ring I am looking to add them to, as it's not a daily wearer.

Any additional feedback on blue zircons as an option would be appreciated. I requested some additional pictures as the ones listed are a little fuzzy to make out the faceting clearly, so my fingers are crossed they might work. :D

Bex

Shiny_Rock
It might be worth contacting Jeff via Facebook to see if he has anything that might work that hasn't been listed yet. If you're not already following him on Facebook, I'd recommend that too- he seems to post things there first and if they sell quickly they don't necessarily make it on the Pinterest page.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am suspending this search for the time being. A couple of things have come up, and I may be going in a different direction with this project. I greatly appreciate everyone's input, assistance & suggestions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results