shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding 1 carat round gemstone

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will look good flanked by two blue trillion sapphires. She wanted a yellow one, but I convinced her that would look awful. So the ring is white gold with blue sapphire trillion side stones. I was thinking aquamarine? Tourmaline? White sapphire? What do you all think? A local jeweler got her in a stone that cost $1400. It was more than she wanted to pay. Can anyone help me find one that is a little cheaper? Thanks!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
It would help if you posted mm requirements. Diamonds and colored gemstones have different weights so saying 1ct isn't very helpful.

I'm assuming 6.5mm round would fit??

Does your friend want color contrast? Something to blend more with the sapphires? What is her budget that she is comfortable spending?

Edit- And do you have a picture of the sapphires? There are many different shades out there so that would help with color coordination.

For what it's worth I personally like a blue and pink combo so I would do a pink tourmaline. However, a raspberry garnet color could also look really nice. If the sapphires are a good med blue then a 6.5mm tsav would be devine! :appl:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1375138572|3492723 said:
It would help if you posted mm requirements. Diamonds and colored gemstones have different weights so saying 1ct isn't very helpful.

I'm assuming 6.5mm round would fit??

Does your friend want color contrast? Something to blend more with the sapphires? What is her budget that she is comfortable spending?

Edit- And do you have a picture of the sapphires? There are many different shades out there so that would help with color coordination.

For what it's worth I personally like a blue and pink combo so I would do a pink tourmaline. However, a raspberry garnet color could also look really nice. If the sapphires are a good med blue then a 6.5mm tsav would be devine! :appl:

I suggested pink tourmaline too! I will have a pic of her setting tomorrow. I will also ask for mm requirements (I always forget that sapphires do NOT look the same as diamonds as far as dimensions go...)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
she also liked the suggestion of aquamarine. She said she was going to have the jeweler get one for her to look at, but I told her we could most likely find it cheaper!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay..... budget: Under $1000

dimensions of stone that was in there before: .9 ct, 6.29 - 6.34 x 3.75mm

picture of setting:

556686_828983223849_1798229806_n.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
but she is also open to colored. This is gonna be fun! :appl:

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
If shes interested in a white stone you might be able to get an OEC under 1 carat for under $1000

You might need a separate thread though in rockytalky or antiques

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hippi_pixi|1375175665|3492971 said:
If shes interested in a white stone you might be able to get an OEC under 1 carat for under $1000

You might need a separate thread though in rockytalky or antiques

great idea! I will post over there!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How often will this ring be worn? Tourmaline isn't as hardy as other types and I noticed that the side stones are sapphires, which are one of the most durable types of gemstones. Colours that go well with dark blue:
orange (spessartite)
light blue (aquamarine)
light yellow green (chrysoberyl)
medium bluish green (green garnet)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1375188637|3493013 said:
How often will this ring be worn? Tourmaline isn't as hardy as other types and I noticed that the side stones are sapphires, which are one of the most durable types of gemstones. Colours that go well with dark blue:
orange (spessartite)
light blue (aquamarine)
light yellow green (chrysoberyl)
medium bluish green (green garnet)

it won't be worn every day. She likes aquamarine, white sapphire or diamond....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just so you know, white sapphire looks very different from a diamond.

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
Gemfix has a few round Montana sapphires in that size and price range that may look nice with the blue sidestones

_8392.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
carmen1|1375211933|3493218 said:
Gemfix has a few round Montana sapphires in that size and price range that may look nice with the blue sidestones

those are gorgeous! thanks!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1375132984|3492667 said:
That will look good flanked by two blue trillion sapphires. She wanted a yellow one, but I convinced her that would look awful. So the ring is white gold with blue sapphire trillion side stones. I was thinking aquamarine? Tourmaline? White sapphire? What do you all think? A local jeweler got her in a stone that cost $1400. It was more than she wanted to pay. Can anyone help me find one that is a little cheaper? Thanks!!

I think yellow and blue look great next to each other, but to each his/her own.

I think you want a three stone blue ring, but I think the aqua color would compete with the blue of the sapphires. Usually, a cool, and a warm color, such as blue and yellow, compliment each other.

tlsapphirechrysoringwithdiamondbands.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
I think in your case, the "yellow" works because the stones aren't a pure sunny yellow but a slightly greenish yellow, not to mention the saturation levels are comparable, so that helps tie the two colours together.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1375267942|3493577 said:
soxfan|1375132984|3492667 said:

I think yellow and blue look great next to each other, but to each his/her own.

I think you want a three stone blue ring, but I think the aqua color would compete with the blue of the sapphires. Usually, a cool, and a warm color, such as blue and yellow, compliment each other.

Oh TL - I was SO hoping you'd post this ring :D I L O V E your blue/yellow combo - its so happy! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results