shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello FLY

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
Have been on the hunt for a sapphire for about a month now and yesterday during my search came across this ring at Diamonds by Lauren and fell in love :love: :love: :love: . I am now definitely going for a fancy light yellow diamond. I love the light pastel shade, so don't mind if it's outside the fancy title. I am really considering buying the stone at DBL and getting it set there. Thinking of getting a radiant or cushion cut, as close to 1ct as I can get. I want it haloed in yellow diamonds as in inspiration ring posted and also some detail at sides, be it a leaf design micro paved in yellow diamonds (see photo 3) or a three/five stone ring. What I was wondering is should I go for my own custom ring or just buy the pear halo. Never thought about a pear before but this ring is gorgeous. Here's a link http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-76ct-pear-shape-fancy-yellow-vs1-lovely-cut-r4076

_7972.jpg

_7974.jpg

_7975.jpg

_7973.jpg

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
I would get a stone that has a GIA report. I might have missed it in the description, but I didn't see that it had one. Have a budget in mind?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Buy what you want! Don't settle :D

David is great to work with and can find you what you want and should be able to make the ring you want too.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
For yellows, I prefer no fluorescence (but, that's just me). I think it tends to combat the yellow in some cases. The last one r5260 is my favorite, but I'm a total novice when it comes to radiant cut numbers. Perhaps someone else can provide insight on the cut quality.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.12 ct U-V VS2: Sometimes it looks barely tinted so I wonder which is which; when does it look its yellowest and when does it look tinted?

1.01 ct Y-Z VVS2: You can tell the symmetry is off in the magnified pictures. Will you be bothered by this? It also looks quite greenish in a few pictures.

1.03 ct Q-R VVS2: Looks to be the most colourless of the group. I am concerned that it will look white (too much contrast) in a halo of yellow FCDs.

0.91 ct Y-Z VS2: If I had to pick one out of the 4, this would be my pick in terms of balance of size, colour, cost and etc.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
my pick: elongated radiant. It's the best imo of the four. Second is the Y-Z squarer radiant.

A good YG cup under either of those would bump the color into a range that should satisfy your want of FLY.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone,
The one you all picked is also my favourite. Davi planning on an all yellow gold setting so I am hoping that will bring out more yellow in the stone. Thanks again for your help.

lujews

Rough_Rock
wow that was fast!
Congrats on your decision to go with light yellow diamonds!
So excited for you :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are going to see this one in person before committing to the setting, right?

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Pinky and Lu,
Haven't decided 100 % on stone yet, going to take a good look at all options on David's site before commiting. Chrono wasn't sure what to do regarding seeing the stone. I want to get DBL to set it also so am thinking should I just get them to hold onto stone and set it or should I take a look at it first? Have been thinking about that :confused:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it is a pain to have to send the stone back to DBL since you plan to have them set the stone (extra shipping back and forth, more time wasted) but I think it is best to see the unset stone. Play around with it in different lighting to make sure this is the right one for you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks yummy. Have you gotten in touch with David? Why not ask him to compare the pros and cons of this one and the radiant.

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
It looks really good. I've never had a diamond with an indented natural, so I have no idea how that might impact the overall performance. Gotta love that shape!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chrono,
Have been in touch with David regarding radiant but just came across this one so will ask him for that and comparison pics.
Yeah pinky, I really love the shape of this one too, and the colour!!!. The indented natural doesn't seem to impact on stone from pic and setting might help this ? Thanks again for input, it is very much appreciated :D

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Well got some extra pics from David today. What do ye think. I'm totally confused :confused: . I love the shape of the cushion but I think the radiant has a bit more spark to it, the colours are practically identical. David says that the radiant sometimes looks more yellow!
He also stated that the radiant seems to have a slightly better light performance but that the differences were subtle and very small between the two stones. Oh what to do :loopy:

_8089.jpg

_8090.jpg

_8091.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks darned identical to me and if David thinks so too, then it's your choice. I don't think you can pick a wrong one. I'm more drawn to the radiant, colour and cut wise.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love it if Leibish can hurry up and get a video of it.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: Was thinking the same thing.
Have just emailed to enquire and to ask for video, so we'll see

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Well thought I'd post an update. Have just commissioned Steven Kirsh to make my upgrade. My reasons for choosing Steven was from looking at all the stunning rings here on pricescope and the majority of my favourites were Stevens. Also my all time favourite ring on here is neatfreaks (and inspiration for my new ring, I really hope you don't mind neatfreak)and that sealed the deal. I am also going to get Steven to source the stone for me, as again due to reading posts here realised that if I bought a diamond, had it shipped to me in Ireland, then resent to be set would be paying tax on the double (and duty and customs tax to Ireland is 25.5% :knockout: ). Also if I bought from David and had him send it to Steven, I'd have to pay new York sales tax and then taxed again when sent to me so definitely makes the most sense for Steven to source. The only thing is am a bit nervous having a stone set blind (so to speak), just need to trust Steven's judgement and photo's when I get them. Really looking forward to this. Can't believe it's finally happening. I do have to add that David was absolutely super. Very helpful always and will definitely use them for future projects and purchases. I would have no hesitations reccomending them.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see your ring, Scarlett! I always love to see FLYellows!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Scarlett1|1374761700|3489904 said:
:lol: Was thinking the same thing.
Have just emailed to enquire and to ask for video, so we'll see

I find their videos hard to interpret - which is strange because I've found their photos to be extremely accurate (or at least, for the 6 times I've purchased from them). The one video in particular that I'm thinking of (no reason why! :naughty: ) looks very...washed out? Like the feed isn't crisp, and the colors are all very muted?

If you are keen to buy from Leibish, you shouldn't have to pay double tax. You have the stone sent to you, so you can check it during the 30 day return period, pay tax at that point, and then send it on the Steven. Steven makes the ring, sends it back with the invoice clearly outlining that the stone was "provided by customer." We've had girls here in Australia do it this way, and they were only charged GST on the value of the new setting, not the stone. If getting the stone from Leibish is something you're wanting to do, I'd call your taxation dept and give them that scenario, to see if they'd handle it like Australia does.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks justginger.
Have been researching tax alot as quite high. Can't remember if it was here or on an Irish forum that someone was charged on the double for their ring (I.e charged for stone and then charged for price of total ring) when they tried to appeal this they were given the story "if you buy tyres for your car and pay tax on them, then send them to be put on a new car you will then pay tax again on the total of the new car" apparenty having the diamond set changes the status of the stone/product which will be seen as a whole. Sorry not sure if I made any sense there. I do know customs is getting very tight here, especially with the recession people are smuggling in all sorts, I just wouldn't want to risk it. I'm sure Steven will source a good stone. Am in no rush so can take my time over it.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Have just bought David's .91 radiant :love: . He is going to send it straight to Steven. This stone was definitely the best option for me, was my favourite from the beginning of my search and within my budget too. Can't wait to get it set now :appl: :appl: Thanks to everybody who helped me and gave opinions on this stone. :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Steven was going to source the FLY? And what design do you have in mind?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results