shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen a ruby with this color? Looks werid

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if it's the same stone as the AIGS brief but it certainly looks very purple on my monitor. Not something I'd consider a ruby at all.

bluenights

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1338999322|3210406 said:
I don't know if it's the same stone as the AIGS brief but it certainly looks very purple on my monitor. Not something I'd consider a ruby at all.

Hi Chrono

Thanks for your input, it looks suspicious to me too.
Have you heard anyone deal with this vendor before?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never dealt or heard of the vendor before. The ruby in the memo doesn't look crystal unlike the stone pictured on the hand too.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I've never bought a gem off of ebay. However, I read the ebay message boards a lot.

The thing with buying something off ebay: If you want a refund (either due to "item not described" or whatever reason), you must send it back to the vendor with online verification, and you must pay for the shipping and handling.

I see the auction in question is now at $12.00. Let's say it goes up to $48 or even $75. Is it worth sending it back if it's not a real natural ruby, and you pay the postage with online verification? Would you even spend up to $100 to get it authenticated for a second opinion? Only you can answer those questions.

(Soon.. the rules are changing, and vendors will be forced to work with you on partial refunds on ebay. But, that's another story for another time...)

As for the color, well, I haven't seen a lot of rubies. If you came up to me and showed me in person and said, "Guess what this stone is?", I wouldn't guess "ruby".

PS. I"m looking at a certain Thailand gem seller's auctions, and I think I may have to get a pretty gem for under $100. I haven't answered the questions for myself that I asked in the third paragraph.

bluenights

Rough_Rock
Price wise, this ruby was listed for bidding and ended at $260
Seller listed it again buy it now $800 obo, said winner couldn't pay
But I guess he did not have the confidence so very soon he put it up on auction again

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
blue --

It's a beautiful stone regardless of the price. It'd look very pretty in any setting.

I hope I didn't come across as rude in my previous message. I read it several times and hoped that it didn't seem like that.

Just hope everyone is aware of ebay''s return policy of paying shipping and handling back to the seller. Some sellers will pay the return shipping.

New rules regarding partial refunds are coming to ebay either this month of in July. I don't remember the details. You can go to the ebay message boards like Seller Central and Buyer Central to learn more.

Good luck in finding your ruby! Can't wait to see a picture!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never heard of any vendor paying for the return S&H should the customer decide to return the stone. Perhaps that might be the case if the stone turned out to be grossly misrepresented.

bluenights

Rough_Rock
txgreeneyes|1339030330|3210830 said:
blue --

It's a beautiful stone regardless of the price. It'd look very pretty in any setting.

I hope I didn't come across as rude in my previous message. I read it several times and hoped that it didn't seem like that.

Just hope everyone is aware of ebay''s return policy of paying shipping and handling back to the seller. Some sellers will pay the return shipping.

New rules regarding partial refunds are coming to ebay either this month of in July. I don't remember the details. You can go to the ebay message boards like Seller Central and Buyer Central to learn more.

Good luck in finding your ruby! Can't wait to see a picture!

Not at all. No worries, It's not my ruby :bigsmile:
Although I'm very curious myself what this stone looks IRL...Will it appear close to the certificate picture? Or is it just that purple
But again, if it's just that purple, AIGS wouldn't describe it as RED
So confusing...
Either the stone is not the one on the certificate
Or seller's shooting skill is just awful :lol:

beau-wy

Rough_Rock
Trade
The AGL brief lists the primary as red; to me, that just means that on the purple side of things, it is more red than blue. If it was not red primarily, it wouldn't be called a ruby - but any hue that is more red than the modifier would be listed as red primary I believe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results