shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Dance for Today's Delivery

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The emerald cab came from Mastercut today. It's exactly as pictured, good translucence & color & I'm very happy with it. I just wish I'd SET some of the homeless stones I have!

9 x 7, 2.39 cts.

Not fair to put an emerald on a green leaf, but I couldn't resist.

More important, Dana is a mind-reader & a genius! And a very nice guy -- he included 2 umabalite color shifters, 5.8 mm, & I'm so thrilled, I'm yapping here before even writing him to thank him.

They are beautiful themselves, plus I have been looking for garnet side stones for this Zambian amethyst from TGT for a good year, couldn't find just what I wanted. Dana did it!

They will make a kind of wide ring, but I think for an RHR it would work, just barely.

--- Laurie

_17543.jpg

_17544.jpg

ammy_garnet.jpg

garnet_ammy.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Word association: Lollipop! That's the first word that popped into my head when I saw it. very nice and very green. :)) :appl:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm doing a happy dance for you! Those are great stones - love the green - it glows! and, the CCer's will make excellent side stones!

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
The hue of the umbalites go fantastically with that amethyst! What a nice emerald cab too, you are giving me "wish I scooped that up" envy!

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful green! Glad you managed to get it in the end and what lovely extra gifts :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely emerald, and I like the 3-stone combo, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
I want to see them set too... That amethyst/garnet combo is very classy! Rose gold for the setting?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, everyone. This was a fun pile of goodies. I finally managed to come to an agreement with my camera that we will show color better. The umbalites shift from a tad orange that you see here to a more blue red inside. These were taken on the patio.

Yes, ephsea, I think rg is the way to go for the 3-stone. Now to save up for it!

I had a photographer's assistant in taking pics. She clamors for recognition:

kitty3_4-14.jpg

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on both the cab itself (yummy green translucence) & the surprise bonuses -- those complement your amethyst so well that I'm thinking Dana must have ESP!

catseye2000

Rough_Rock
I love the Emerald and I love , love, love the garnet and amethyst combo. I think that will make one fantastic ring! :appl: :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love your cab Laurie! I was so close to buying it. The color matches your cats pretty eyes! Beautiful garnets too!
They will make a fab ring with your Amethyst!

I haven't received my zircon yet. I hope it comes tomorrow.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm excited to see photos, Woofmama. I'm sure it's a killer zircon!

--- Laurie

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1398901720|3663945 said:
Thank you, everyone. This was a fun pile of goodies. I finally managed to come to an agreement with my camera that we will show color better. The umbalites shift from a tad orange that you see here to a more blue red inside. These were taken on the patio.

Yes, ephsea, I think rg is the way to go for the 3-stone. Now to save up for it!

I had a photographer's assistant in taking pics. She clamors for recognition:

kitty3_4-14.jpg

I'm in love!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The stones are pretty, but the kitty....... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a fine looking assistant you've got there although she(?) looks rather bored. :bigsmile: I think the leaf picture shows off the blue modifier of the emerald beautifully. And the garnets? It's perfect for the amethyst and saves you the work of looking for pairs.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I read the title of this thread, the Peanuts theme song plays in my head and I see Snoopy dancing...

As to your assistant, I think its time to give her harder assignments; she looks so blase in that photo, just lying around. She is beautiful, but appears quite over it all. ;))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You're all very nice! I am not the most skilled gem photographer, as you know -- & I keep demonstrating it.

My camera picks up brown to an annoying degree -- the garnets do not have the brown modifier in the pics. Some of that is reflection, some just the way my camera sees life. I get embarrassed by photos of my garden because the brown dirt kind of leaps out when you don't register it IRL. No amount of color/exposure/tone adjustment manages to fix it -- or it could be the camera operator.

Yes, Chrono, kitty was bored by then -- no fun sharing attention with a bunch of colored rocks. :blackeye:

--- Laurie

Crossed posts with you, Minou. She wandered off & made herself guardian of my fern bed, much more to her taste.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1398958126|3664343 said:
You're all very nice! I am not the most skilled gem photographer, as you know -- & I keep demonstrating it.

My camera picks up brown to an annoying degree -- the garnets do not have the brown modifier in the pics. Some of that is reflection, some just the way my camera sees life. I get embarrassed by photos of my garden because the brown dirt kind of leaps out when you don't register it IRL. No amount of color/exposure/tone adjustment manages to fix it -- or it could be the camera operator.

Yes, Chrono, kitty was bored by then -- no fun sharing attention with a bunch of colored rocks. :blackeye:

--- Laurie

Crossed posts with you, Minou. She wandered off & made herself guardian of my fern bed, much more to her taste.

Crikey, well why didn't you say this was in the assistant's job description? Now that is an important job! :wink2:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhhh JF I didn't see you got the cab!!! I was oogling that!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!! More photos please! Can I get a close up shot? how are you going to set it?

And love the garnets too! They look great next to your ammy!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sarah, not sure how I'll set the emerald. I love the color & it has nice translucence that you often don't see in emerald cabs. I'd like to halo it possibly. Still thinking it over -- it will be in rg, though, I'm sure of that much. Also thinking about bezeling it, something like this:

Or a less honky version of this -- more delicate:

What do you think?

_17606.jpg

_17607.jpg

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous cab! I can't wait to see how the three-stone ring with the "extras" come out. I imagine it will be so stunning!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Swissmiss, I can't wait too -- wish the bank account were equal to my ideas!

I could always get 3 more emerald cabs & do this. Yummmmm. :lol: :lol:

images1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1399026918|3664954 said:

Oh yeah! As soon as we find our money trees. :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1399026918|3664954 said:
Thank you, Swissmiss, I can't wait too -- wish the bank account were equal to my ideas!

I vote this!

If you do end up setting it as a ring, then I say N/S. Your emerald has such good color and if its clear, it should be noticed. For some reason, I feel like it will be more appreciated, with the eye drawn to the stone instead of more to the setting, if its N/S and not E/W.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is on the top of it? Is that a reflection or does it have some sort of natural indentation?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results