shape
carat
color
clarity

HAPPY! A BOB KAST THREAD.... (long)

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Soooooo,,,,,,,,

A few of you know of my adventures with a certain vendor.

A couple of you have had some problems as well, although the majority have not.
I had been mostly amused, occasionally perplexed and annoyed, but never really
upset enough to call it quits on the vendor.
I just let things go, with an occasional email.
I guess I kind of wanted to see what would happen. :shock:

So I had still been checking out the stones on DB, and this weekend I happened to
notice that Bob had a new message, stating he had an assistant and a new email address.
Well, I hadn't emailed him in awhile, so I posted him another brief message.....

Hi Bob: I see that on Diamond Bistro you have a new email address
and an assistant!
That's good for you, you must be super busy!

Perhaps you (or your assistant) would have a chance to mail off my
stone I bought a while back !
Just checking in!!!!!

If you no longer have that stone, I would
buy that "new" aquamarine you have listed
# 17042 !!!!!!!!!!!!
It's beautiful!
You could send that one instead, since I already paid
you for the Tourmaline :)

Or you could just send it, along with the Tourmaline,
and
if I like it I will pay you!

Hope to hear from someone soon!
M

(I am kind of embarrassed by this email, now that I think about it... :oops:
but I don't mind "tattling" on myself)

Anyway, long story short, his assistant emailed me within an hour or two.
We got everything sorted quickly.
She proposed a most agreeable solution, and as a result, I have
TWO ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL STONES!!!!
I just can't get over how beautiful the rubellite is, I could stare at it all day!
And the Aquamarine is just wonderful (and my husband's favorite!)

SO, I hope to set the record straight, apologize if I have stepped on any toes
or made anyone feel uncomfortable, or if I have complained too much !
I take it all back!
The stones are beautiful and the customer service now couldn't be better !!!!!!!!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please try again, those who had a less than stellar experience, I promise you will love the new assistant,
she emails back quickly, is very organized, and professional, and yes, the stones are lovely.
Thank you, Bob

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So where are the pictures of these two beautiful new stones????? Hmmmmmm???

I'm happy to hear that Bob has someone to help him out.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, great news! So glad to hear that this has a happy ending! I had asked him to cut me a couple of side stones a while back and figured I'd just leave well enough alone.

Any pics?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I knew someone would ask that :lol:
I have to get my act together if that's going to happen.

Just look at his offerings and imagine something about 100 times better !

In fact, TL, it was you who kept me going with him...
and the reason I didn't give up!
Happy!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy that you've come to an amicable agreement AND actually received your stones. =) Guess Bob having an assistant paid off big time for everyone.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thrilled to hear that things have turned out so well for you and Bob. I e-mailed him this past week to let him know I would no longer need a stone cut as I had found another, and he told me that he'd recently had his hip replaced. But he appears to be in better health now, and I'm glad to know that he has an assistant too.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad your situation had a happy ending, and that BK finally got his ducks in a row re: organization. I just wish some of the other situations we've been hearing about recently had been resolved as nicely.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife said:
I'm so glad your situation had a happy ending, and that BK finally got his ducks in a row re: organization. I just wish some of the other situations we've been hearing about recently had been resolved as nicely.

Exactly my sentiment. I have been buying from Bob and I find his cutting style impeccable and the stones very nice. He did mention an illness before (along the same lines that Oo-shiney has mentioned), and I had a feeling that lack of organization was his major problem. I know what a hindrance it may be to any talent. I like his stones and I am glad that there were a few people in that original thread that supported Bob. I remember TL and someone else who said that he Bob her a perfect aquamarine (I think it was a recut). I think the general consensus was that "this guy can cut", and I am glad that you gave him a second chance.

Pictures, please!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Eeesh, bummer on the hip replacement. Wishes for a good recovery to him.

Crasu: That was me with the aqua. "someone else who said that he Bob her a perfect aquamarine (I think it was a recut)" Actually, not a recut but he custom cut me a pale green oec type aqua, complete with visible culet. Fantastic. :naughty:

I'm hoping to ask for a pink tourmaline sugarloaf in the future from him. Wouldn't that be fun?

Great cutter, great prices - sometimes it seems like he has a male type brain that doesn't communicate well and I do wish he would learn how to spell "sparcle" (sparkle) :wink2: Hopefully, his assistant can shape things up. He still gets my vote, though.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sonomacountry,

Do you have picures of your aquamarines? Just today I was thinking that I should ask someone to post pictures of a nice aqua, I'd love to see one.

Dysgraphia (spelling problems) is not a gender-linked trait but it is at times associated with organizational problems. This being said, hip replacement is such a serious, big-time surgery with lengthy recovery... Painful, too; I wish Bob well.

I think a sugarloaf is a great idea. I never asked Bob to cut out something, although I know he has some new tourmaline rough, but it would be interesting to see how he works on your project. I agree, his prices are very attractive and in general, guality/price ratio is very, very favorable...

A self-disclosure: if you see many spelling errors in my posts, it just means that I am not wearing my eyeglasses! This gadget is totally new to me, and I always lose it... =)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you've got a happy ending Shiney! What a relief that must be for you! I'd asked him about something a while back and then the issues started happening here so I just let it slide. Can't wait to see pictures!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad for you. I was actually eyeing a stone on the DB of his. I was hesitant to buy it thinking he probably doesn't want to work with me either since he had to refund me last time. I was thinking of buying them but asking that the stone be shipped insured. That way neither one of us will be out the $ if it were to get lost again.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Crasu: I don't have a photo of it, sorry, as I don't have a camera that does macro. If I can borrow one, I'll try to get you one. I think you'd all like the cutting. Saturation is light but it is a pale sea green and it fits the cut very well.

I told him if he put up some sugarloaves that I bet the PSers would grab them right up. I'll ask him again, after the New Year if he can cut me one.

Oh, I was just having fun with the spelling thing, although I guess in a way it surprised me. I really am not that uptight. And for someone who puts out stones like he does - lots of leeway.

I can understand your point about that, though.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
cemrn said:
I am so glad for you. I was actually eyeing a stone on the DB of his. I was hesitant to buy it thinking he probably doesn't want to work with me either since he had to refund me last time. I was thinking of buying them but asking that the stone be shipped insured. That way neither one of us will be out the $ if it were to get lost again.

I am happy to hear this from you, cemrn !
As things are now, I wouldn't hesitate to email him
Use the Yahoo address that is posted in his listings.

His assistant, Rebecca, is very nice and professional, and
prompt with her replies.
and after all, nobody can help it if things get lost in the mail.
In my case, it was the not hearing back that was the problem.
Because I understand that stuff happens.

I would try again!
I bet you will be pleasantly surprised :))

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
purchase already made, yea! Thanks for the information about the new assistant. She was very quick with responses. We even did a yahoo chat today

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
cemrn said:
purchase already made, yea! Thanks for the information about the new assistant. She was very quick with responses. We even did a yahoo chat today

:)) :sun: =) 8-)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if she's a family member that's helping him out. Whatever the case, it sounds like he's trying to understand that customer service is really important. I am glad people aren't giving up on Bob, he has the most amazing rubellites, and he's reasonably priced.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
He does sound eccentric but not intentionally dishonest. I would like to get a stone from him some time, glad his health is better and is getting help on the communication side.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
I wonder if she's a family member that's helping him out. Whatever the case, it sounds like he's trying to understand that customer service is really important. I am glad people aren't giving up on Bob, he has the most amazing rubellites, and he's reasonably priced.
His assistant is the perfect compliment to Bob. She emailed me 4 times yesterday and apologized for so many emails. Trust me NO need to apologize. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results