shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Green Diamond

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
In the Christie's sale. First given as an engagement ring to the Countess cited below in 1842. Wonder what the setting was like? Inclusions or not, wow, what color!

_16265.jpg

_16266.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty, but the color is yellowish green, which isn't as value as a fancy green, but what a nice stone nonetheless.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, on my monitor I don't see any yellow.

Anyway, here's another from the same sale. Fancy intense green, SI1, 3.6 cts. Side stones VVS2, D. I do see yellow in this one but GIA doesn't.

This auction at Christie's is made for Kenny. A lot of unusual colored diamonds. Such as this, Fancy gray-blue, 5.17 humongous carats, VVS2 w/diagram indicating potentially flawless.

_16282.jpg

_16283.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another picture of the JAR ring without the black background. The yellow can be more easily seen here.

Regardless of whether it has yellow or not, it's very beautiful. I think the yellow modifier in greenish diamonds can make some green diamonds a lot more affordable, except if they're in rings made by JAR of course. ;-)

greenjarring.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
slc4 said:
Size 2 1/4??? I guess I'll have to pass.

The setting is completely open so there's a lot of room for finger squish to spread. A size 2.25 can probably fit a size 2.75-3 finger. It's my size!! Anyone want to buy it for me? :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it's a baby ring, 2 1/2. Who else would it fit? :knockout: I'm not knocked out by the design of the setting. With the shank coming into the halo as it does, it looks like it could catch on things, e.g., buttons, or what if something got stuck in there? While you're making dinner? But I guess anyone who can buy it doesn't cook her own dinners! It's artsy & all that, but somewhat awkward imho.

--- Laurie

justginger

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1396080762|3643284 said:
slc4 said:
Size 2 1/4??? I guess I'll have to pass.

The setting is completely open so there's a lot of room for finger squish to spread. A size 2.25 can probably fit a size 2.75-3 finger. It's my size!! Anyone want to buy it for me? :bigsmile:

Halfsies? :naughty:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1396025234|3642926 said:
Here's another picture of the JAR ring without the black background. The yellow can be more easily seen here.

Regardless of whether it has yellow or not, it's very beautiful. I think the yellow modifier in greenish diamonds can make some green diamonds a lot more affordable, except if they're in rings made by JAR of course. ;-)

How is that wearable on a round finger??

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks yellow green on my monitor but I still like it nonetheless, especially since it is an old cut. My first thought upon seeing the setting is how comfortable it would feel? I can wear the ring but don't have the funds to purchase it unless I unknowingly have an anonymous mega wealthy donor. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results