carat
color
clarity

Green gold or yellow gold for chrysoberyl

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
cushioncutnut said:
LovingDiamonds said:
My friend does not post much on PS...but I just had to post a picture of her Asscher Chryso in Green gold by Sally. I hope she doesn't mind as I believe it is worth showing and may help Uppy in her decision. BTW, I vote Green gold!! :bigsmile:

Dropping Dead ........ :shock: ...... RIP Shiney........

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Actually, rose gold doesn't look bad at all, and yes, PR is right, you should go with whatever you love. ;))

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the rose gold with it. The setting is sleek and simple-- the contrast between the metal and stone would look amazing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a difficult decision; I’ve seen chrysoberyl in yellow (TL’s), green (Mochi’s) and now Uppy’s on the penny and all look great. However, as each stone is probably slightly different from each other, it is difficult to say with any certainty if Uppy’s chrysoberyl will pop better in yellow or green, but it sure looks awesome on the penny!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Uppy, did your chryso darken in the foil bezel or is that more due to changes in lighting? It looks like a different stone on top of that penny, which I'm loving more and more BTW. =)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
brandy_z28 said:
Hey Uppy, did your chryso darken in the foil bezel or is that more due to changes in lighting? It looks like a different stone on top of that penny, which I'm loving more and more BTW. =)

A totally enclosed bezel will usually darken the stone a notch which could be the reason as opposed to the penny shot where the stone is exposed to maximum lighting all around it.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono said:
brandy_z28 said:

A totally enclosed bezel will usually darken the stone a notch which could be the reason as opposed to the penny shot where the stone is exposed to maximum lighting all around it.

That makes sense Chrono. When I compare the pictures it just seems like a big difference to my eyes, color-wise.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m quite sure the lighting condition plays a part too; it looks like the foil picture was taken indoors and the penny picture is outdoors.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
I’m quite sure the lighting condition plays a part too; it looks like the foil picture was taken indoors and the penny picture is outdoors.

Chrono nailed it. The foil was in my kitchen and the pic on the penny was in filtered daylight.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy said:
Chrono said:

Chrono nailed it. The foil was in my kitchen and the pic on the penny was in filtered daylight.

Thank you Chrono and Uppy! :bigsmile:

Uppy, did you happen to take any foil bezel pics outside? I'm loving all of the pretty chryso's that have been on here lately and I'm just curious to see what they do in different lighting. :saint:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It's raining right now (FINALLY!), but I'll try to get some later. IRL I tend to see more of the kryptonite green than the grass green.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy said:
It's raining right now (FINALLY!), but I'll try to get some later. IRL I tend to see more of the kryptonite green than the grass green.

Thanks Uppy! You're such a doll! :bigsmile: Let it rain! We've been parched here in CentralTX as well. Finally rained some yesterday evening, thank goodness.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Very cloudy day today. I didn't get quite the "kryptonite" effect I did yesterday. I'm thinking it had something to do with the pairing in rose gold too! Sorry for all of you anti-pink fans. :wacko:

IMG_2768.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I've posted this before on the catch-all thread, p. 44, but this discussion of rose and green gold reminds of my pendant. The tsavorite cab is bezeled in green gold and has a trim piece of green gold on a rose gold background. I, for one, absolutely love green and red together. :cheeky:

BTW, the green stone has a rose gold backing. I was afraid it would muddy the green color of my tsav, but the effect turned out to be pretty minimal.

As for your new chrysoberyl, I think that stunning stone will be the star, whether it is in green, yellow, or rose gold. Just hoping you don't go with a LOGR "rose" gold. I hate their coppery color.

TsavPendant9282a.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for doing that Uppy! :appl:

I'd so pair it with RG, winner winner chicken dinner!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm... I think I may be warming up to the rose gold idea. What about a satin/matte finish on the rose gold.?......MMMMM! :naughty:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yep, brushed finish. :lickout:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah! Another vote for brushed rose gold.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl said:
I've posted this before on the catch-all thread, p. 44, but this discussion of rose and green gold reminds of my pendant. The tsavorite cab is bezeled in green gold and has a trim piece of green gold on a rose gold background. I, for one, absolutely love green and red together. :cheeky:

BTW, the green stone has a rose gold backing. I was afraid it would muddy the green color of my tsav, but the effect turned out to be pretty minimal.

As for your new chrysoberyl, I think that stunning stone will be the star, whether it is in green, yellow, or rose gold. Just hoping you don't go with a LOGR "rose" gold. I hate their coppery color.

Fly Girl,

What are the dimensions of the cab in your pendant?

As to gold - I'll always vote for yellow except for very saturated stones. WG "kills" most of warmness of green stones.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
crasru said:
Fly Girl said:

Fly Girl,

What are the dimensions of the cab in your pendant?

This was a 2.78 ct oval high dome tsavorite cabochon, 7.1 x 7.8 mm, cut by Dana at Mastercut Gems.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the brushed rose gold list!! :cheeky: :lickout: :cheeky:

Uppy, have you confirmed your decision yet?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yep, but I'm waiting to wrap up a couple of other projects, then will be time to have this one made. I cannot wait to see what this beauty looks like! Thanks for all the input and support.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like rose gold, but with minty/bluish greens rather than the neon yellowish kryptonite green of your stone. I would probably have chosen silver/white gold based on the way it looks in the foil. I'm definitely curious to see what you do with it and how it turns out!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a polarizing subject!

I love the effect of the penny and would go for the RG. Unusual, interesting and talk about POP! Complimentary colours are great.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I've seen your chrysoberyl on a penny, I think I'm definitely going to get a rose gold setting for my other chrysoberyl. I love my 3 carat cushion chrysoberyl in YG, but I think it would just as nice, if not even nicer in RG too. It would probably pop even more.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb said:
I like rose gold, but with minty/bluish greens rather than the neon yellowish kryptonite green of your stone. I would probably have chosen silver/white gold based on the way it looks in the foil. I'm definitely curious to see what you do with it and how it turns out!

I was waiting to see if someone would say white gold - I second the motion.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll be waiting and watching because my chrysoberyl is also yellowish green / greenish yellow so I can’t wait to see which metal colour you end up choosing and the ensuing result.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wrong thread, duh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results