shape
carat
color
clarity

GIT certified pair of pear sapphire is here!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi all! I had just received the pair of tiny pear sapphire. Its accompanied with a GIT memo. It's a pretty cornflower blue that changes to purple under incandescent light. I will be pairing it with my moonstone to make it into a pair of earrings. By the way, I thought that GIT will issue 2 separate memo instead of one?? here are some picts tks!

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0196.jpg

Photo0197.jpg

Photo0201.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rough setting idea

Photo0210.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely. You got the deal of deals on those two.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely and I love your sketch. Cannot wait to see them made. Did you get the stones from Tan?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks TL and yingh for the reply:) O yes I got it from Tan's store:) here are 2 more simple setting ideas without the moonstones. Which design will you prefer amongst the 3? TIA :wink2:

earrings.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I like your own design the best. If you decide to go without the moonstones then I will go with single halo for a simpler look. Or do you like dangling earrings? You can have the halo spinel drop from something.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like your sketched earring designs, it's going to be gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't ask me because I would halo everything if I could, including the Statue of Liberty. The more halos, the better!! Double, triple, quadruple halos, etc. . . :naughty:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Don't ask me because I would halo everything if I could, including the Statue of Liberty. The more halos, the better!! Double, triple, quadruple halos, etc. . . :naughty:

TL I'm with you on the the halo bandwagon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
single halo, with moonstones, but smaller moonstones, and the pears set en tremblant.
fantastic

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the moonstones - your first version. Another way would be to make a single halo around the sapphires with the hooks on top so that you can change the "studs" - from moonstones to diamonds, etc. It would be pretty versatile!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first version best; the halo loop around the sapphires will be more proportionate with the moonstones. The double/triple halo around the sapphires seems to further dwarf the sapphires.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I like your design the best although I would be tempted to dangle the sapphires in the halo rather than attach them to the bottom of the halo.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Vapid. Smaller moonstones, single halo.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Thanks alot for the replies, I really appreciate ;))

Hi Yingh-I do like dangle and HALO:)

Hi VL & Indylady-I can visualize what you've described:) It's an elegant classic design, but too bad my moonstone is a tad larger than the sapphire, how I wish that the sapphire can 'grow' larger.. Anyway, I sketched a larger pear halo in the first attachment hoping to balance up the look.

Hi crasru- yes! the detachable idea had crossed my mind, its a great idea. But I already have 2 detachable dangles, hence I thought that I will just pair it with the moonstone since they have been lying around for a while:)

Hi Chrono- I agree, the sapphire seems even smaller with more than a round of halo:)

Hi Kismet- I just wanted it to be a be a little different, hence I thought of attaching the sapphire to the bottom instead ;))

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi all! I am so excited, the earrings are almost completed. Its custom-made in 18k white gold, according to what I wanted by Prettyjewel4u. As usual, fantastic communication.

I wanted to set my moonstone together, but the cost will be quite a lot more due to the amount of gold used. Hence, I have decided to make it into another pair of removable earring charms, so I can wear it with my pearl or solitaire studs. It was a suggestion from Crasru too:) tks!

Here is the photo from Jackson. I need a little advise here. Do you think I should keep to a single loop like the photo? Or should I add on 2 more loops per side (as per my sketch)? I do not want to too 'dangly', so I thought of a single loop, but will my 6.5mm solitiare stud cover the tip of the pear ?

TIA! =)

Photo 003.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
here is the side profile, btw I noticed that the sapphire (on the left especially)does not seems centralized, if you notice the gap between the sapphire and diamonds are not equal? These photos are blown up, the actual size is merely 1.5cmX 1cm width. Do you think that it will be noticeable IRL? I've dropped Jackson an email regarding this.

side view of the earring-1.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
hmm.. sorry I am replying to myself:razz: Jackson has resend the photos of 2 earrings separately and yes they are a PERFECT match, its just the photos playing trick with my eyes :oops:

earring 1.jpg

earring2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're very lovely! :lickout: I think you'd need to add an additional loop to keep your studs clear of the top of the pear though.

-A

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stones and I like the moonstones too...I think you made the right decision, however, to go with earring charms. You can always add on the rings at a local jeweler if you need to do that later.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the earrings are gorgeous!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful - what a great color of blue!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
They are GORGEOUS!!!!! Who made these for you? Would you share their info? I'd love to have something similar done with some of my stones.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I like these a lot chictomato! I think you did the best thing by having the sapphs made into charms, and I'd wait to see how they look with your studs before deciding on whether to add more loops. I'll be waiting to see your pics of these - gorgeous!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, stunning sapphires and earring design! Can't wait to see the whole piece on your ear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results