shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Report vs. GIA Report

LimitedGems

Rough_Rock
deskjockey|1403211508|3696751 said:
I'm a total newbie in terms of reading reports, etc, but how do we know for certain they are the same stone? The dimensions are ever so slightly different - is there something on the report that I can't see that positively IDs them as being the same? (again, I basically don't know anything about this stuff and am looking to learn).

From the photos I think the stones do look identical or nearly so, in terms of the way the light reflects out/cut, but I'm curious if there is some other way to tell for sure (though I'm assuming you have some inside information on this!)

I rotated one of the images to show you it's the same gemstone.

It's nearly impossible to cut something that close to another gemstone, with matching carat weight. The difference are only a tiny 0.01 mm. It's probably only the instrument they use at the GIA Lab (caliper or what ever, I dont know).

When it comes to Corundum crystals, they are cut by direction (structure). For them to find two pieces of corundum in one year that can be cut so extremely close, I suppose that's highly impossible. And when also taking the colors into count, Pink vs. Orangy Pink, with same weight and identical cut, at 4.98 carats each, no way.

gia_7.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LimitedGems|1403211308|3696750 said:
TL|1403210090|3696741 said:
Marlow|1403208991|3696731 said:
Another vendor selling overprized Gems! :rolleyes: A shame!! The "Authority" in Sapphires!!!

Upppss!!

IF I open the link there is a german banner which tells me that I get a discount on german taxes.

Btw that this could be a problem in Germany ( a crime) - is this Natural Sapphire Company ( NSC) or NS....?

Not an excuse, but they have high overhead, an expensive office in NYC, lots of employees, etc. . .

$22K is not too much for an attractively colored 4.98 carat padparadscha, heat only, but we don't know what's going on here exactly.

It's just disconcerting to me, no matter the retail price, if a vendor has erroneous lab reports for highly suspect types of stones, padparadschas included in those types. I would always get an AGL prestige report for any expensive padparadscha, ruby, sapphire, emerald, or alexandrite.

As far as I'm concerned they only use their own certificates and only GIA reports. Even for million dollar gemstones they dont got AGL reports. I've never purchased any gems from them and probably never will.

Well IMO, if purchasing a very expensive gem, a vendor should allow you the reputable lab of your choice. NSC is in New York City too, as is AGL, so it's not a matter of shipping the stone an extreme distance either, which I can understand ambivalence in some vendor cases. However, if someone was purchasing a multi-million dollar gem from me, if I were a vendor, I would let them have AGL for sure.

I don't want to speculate why they choose GIA, as there are several scenarios there that I don't want to think about, and I have no proof of them.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had bought that stone for $22k and then found out about the original report I would be exceptionally unhappy.

I'm with Marlow on this and highly suspect radiation. The stone is definitely the same one (you can see the facet placement/light reaction is the same in both photos) and the measurements are literally only 0.01 off. What's interesting is how fast the stone changed from pink to Padparadscha - less than a year!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
It would interesting when NCS bought this stone!

Again - radiation is not stable ( mostly) in pink to Padparadscha - so you don't destroy an expensive and maybe nice pink.
If you can't sell it as a pad put it in sunlight, UV and you have certificate Nr. 1.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Limited gems, how did you find the both reports?

LimitedGems

Rough_Rock
pregcurious|1403217245|3696822 said:
Limited gems, how did you find the both reports?

I were just looking for some good Padparadscha information and then I came by these two reports, both were located at the same website. They were placed next to each other to compare the differences between grading vs. grading, heat vs. heat, etc. But there weren't any explanation about why, so I dont think they knew either.

When running the report through the internet (search engine) it re-locates to the link (item) at The Natural Sapphire Company as I provided in the post earlier. That's the reason why I actually found it to be sold by them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results