shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA - important article!!

liao

Shiny_Rock
Interesting, I was reading the other article about nephrite. I never know dendritic jade can only be found in several chinese deposite.

anyway, the article about pleochroism looks too scientific to me :wall: do you mind summarizing that article in a human friendly language? :angel:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I am def. not able to do this in english.

Figure 2 is super - you see the indicatrix of the cubic, the trigonal/hexagonal and tetragonal and the third of the orthorhombic, triklin and monoklin system.

Hope many here buy a dichroscope and have fun with their gems....

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow|1415220300|3778151 said:
I am def. not able to do this in english.

Figure 2 is super - you see the indicatrix of the cubic, the trigonal/hexagonal and tetragonal and the third of the orthorhombic, triklin and monoklin system.

Hope many here buy a dichroscope and have fun with their gems....

well, can you explain it in chinese/siam/indonesian ;-) broken english also acceptable :appl:

I have seen some people use dichroscope, but I never what is the purpose of using it. Most of the time, I only use 15x loupe, refractometer, and my sweet microscope to inspect any gemstone :angel:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Chinese ..... :think: - I prefer pidgin english!!

Here is an interesting ( and extremely successful) topic :D

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-use-a-refractometer-polariscope-dichroscope-chelsea-f.205661/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-use-a-refractometer-polariscope-dichroscope-chelsea-f.205661/[/URL]

You need for example a dichroscope ( and it is very cheap) to seperate a pink tourmaline cateye and a similar colored pezzotaite CE.

Interessting tool in a gemshow too - fast and easy use - esp. for alexandrite. The colorchange is ALWAYS weaker than the two extreme colors viewed with the dichroscope...!!!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'll try read and understand the article tomorrow. Im making this post otherwise I'll forget to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results